August 2014 Citizenship Applications

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
Could you please tell exactly what type of letter was that ? In fact , I have received a letter from Election Canada as well , although my application has been just transferred to the local office and my local office is one of the slowest in Canada .

Just want to figure out has it got anything to do with the processing of application .

thanks
I also got the same letter this week, (voter registration) not sure if it is related to how the application is progressing.

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Not sure if Montreal is slow or just fustrating. I applied Aug 1st file sent to montreal office Dec17 still nothing, while some ine applied in Oct and got the test invite and my friend applied in Nov and is done test and oath l.
I'm confused and a bit angry

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noor-blue83 said:
Not sure if Montreal is slow or just fustrating. I applied Aug 1st file sent to montreal office Dec17 still nothing, while some ine applied in Oct and got the test invite and my friend applied in Nov and is done test and oath l.
I'm confused and a bit angry
Just relax and be patient. Some applicants from 2012 and 13 are yet to write their tests.

Mar 7, 2015
I've read from another thread an applicant from Montreal who submitted end of October and has received a test invite for next week. Probably it's case to case and our turn will come soon.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noor-blue83 said:
Montreal any news
Hi, my wife received invitation to test yesterday but I do not, we sent a joint application in August.

However, according to my ECAS they sent also my invitation, I'll start studing and call them later next week if I do not receive the invitation.

Letter from my wife dated on February 26th, Test date March 19th.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zumba369 said:
Hi, my wife received invitation to test yesterday but I do not, we sent a joint application in August.

However, according to my ECAS they sent also my invitation, I'll start studing and call them later next week if I do not receive the invitation.

Letter from my wife dated on February 26th, Test date March 19th.
Congrats Zumba369. Had you received an AOR via e-mail OR postal e-mail? Also, were you alone issued an RQ or both you and your wife? Our cases look a little similar although my E-cas is stuck at In-process since 4 months and there is no sign of a test invite.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Congrats Zumba369. Had you received an AOR via e-mail OR postal e-mail? Also, were you alone issued an RQ or both you and your wife? Our cases look a little similar although my E-cas is stuck at In-process since 4 months and there is no sign of a test invite.
Thanks Garian.

Email AOR, the RQ was for both my wife (I say my wife but legally it is my common-law partner) and me.

This is my ECAS...

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 25, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on December 15, 2014.

4. Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on January 14, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.

5. Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on January 28, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.

6. We sent you a notice on March 3, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 19, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Good luck !

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zumba369 said:
Thanks Garian.

Email AOR, the RQ was for both my wife (I say my wife but legally it is my common-law partner) and me.

This is my ECAS...

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 25, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

4. Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on January 14, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.

5. Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on January 28, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.

6. We sent you a notice on March 3, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 19, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Good luck !
Cognates.. This gives us ( RQ recipients) some hope. Thanks for sharing.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
maxygirl said:
I received a letter from Elections Canada, but not oath invitation yet... quite odd. I know my application has been approved because that's what the officer told me when my interview ended, but I can only relax when I have citizenship certificate in my hot little hands
We received similar letter (I haven't opened it yet) addressed to both me and my wife. My wife applied for citizenship in Feb, 2015.

Segalesh

Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,
does you wife's letter mention the oath ceremony in same day?

Zumba369 said:
Thanks Garian.

This is my ECAS...

Good luck !