+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

maxygirl

Nov 8, 2014
No, they will only let you know if the application is approved and next steps. Oath letter sent between 4-8 weeks, we were told

luigi60

Jul 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I have 2 questions.
1. I am a senior and I am scheduled for Notice To Appear For Verification Of Identity/Documents at the beginning of March 2015. If I don't have to take the written test, what happens when I am going to Verification of Identity/Documents? Do I need a verbal test with the Judge? Can they ask me any question from the book 'Discover Canada'?
2. My Permanent Resident card has expired 2 years ago, I applied with my expired card for the citizenship. Should be a problem my expired Permanent Resident Card when I am going to Verification of Documents?
Thanks.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
luigi60 said:
Hi, I have 2 questions.
1. I am a senior and I am scheduled for Notice To Appear For Verification Of Identity/Documents at the beginning of March 2015. If I don't have to take the written test, what happens when I am going to Verification of Identity/Documents? Do I need a verbal test with the Judge? Can they ask me any question from the book 'Discover Canada'?
2. My Permanent Resident card has expired 2 years ago, I applied with my expired card for the citizenship. Should be a problem my expired Permanent Resident Card when I am going to Verification of Documents?
Thanks.
1. Seniors do not have to write the test but have to show up at the scehduled venue. While others are taking test, you will be directed to a different room (seperate from test room) to have a little chat with a CO and review of original documents (personal identification, immigration documents, etc.) submitted with your application and passport and/or travel documents etc.

2. Not a problem, if no residency concerns.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi Citizenship friends,

I have applied on 22nd April 2014 for my citizenship. I did my test on 19th February 2015 @ Vancouver local office. They update my e-cas after I finish my test.

Now waiting for a big day? Oath taking.........Any idea........Please....

Thanks

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Mark_Anna said:
Hi Citizenship friends,

I have applied on 22nd April 2014 for my citizenship. I did my test on 19th February 2015 @ Vancouver local office. They update my e-cas after I finish my test.

Now waiting for a big day? Oath taking.........Any idea........Please....

Thanks
Wow!! less than 11 months what a good fast? Congrats

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Hello All,

- I took my citizenship test at 9:30 am yesterday at CIC-London and nailed it. :D

- I was more into finishing it quicker than everyone in the room rather than making it all correct; but I still got 100%. The test was fairly easy with few tricky questions. The test conductor said the next oath ceremony will be held in 8~10 weeks. He also said that one has to correct at least 15 out of 20 to pass (I knew otherwise that I would need 80%). After the test, I was called first for the interview. When I was called, there were still few people waiting for an interview from previous test slot (perhaps 8:30 am or 9:00 am).

- The lady who interviewed me, first congratulated me and asked if I did have to study at all. Well, I guess she was making me comfortable. She laid out my original applications in front of her and began checking my CoPR. Then she went on verifying my PRC and other ID's. At the end, she asked for my passports and verified entry-exit stamps against my residence calculation page. She couldn't find all US stamps (although they were there) and said she is aware that US doesn't always stamp the passport. She added saying that she may have to ask for US records. Well, I should have interrupted and helped her find all the stamps. But I didn't and said "OK" :-[. But she also mentioned that I have lot more days than I needed; so I would be fine. My lesson from this:
*Print a copy of your residence calculation page. Mark each absence with your passport page no. where you can find the entry-exit stamps (if available). This would help you to find it for the officer during the interview*

- Then she asked few questions about my work, my wife, my drive from Sarnia to London etc. But she said I would get my oath letter in 4~6 weeks anyway, 2 weeks prior to the next available oath ceremony.

That's it. I packed and left the office.

Example of Test Questions:
(1) Which event has been the most recent?
(So, you have to know all 4 answers and obviously, the time periods weren't given)
(2) True or False: The citizens of Canada vote to elect Senate members for Senate via federal election.
(The key word here is 'Senate')

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Indigo.Indigo said:
Hi..i recently got test invite from London centre. Wondering if anyone knows if oath date is given right away at this location..?
I took my test yesterday @CIC-London. I think the last event was held on Mar 4, 2015. The next available oath ceremony @London will be in next 8~10 weeks, that's what has been told to us before the test. So, you wouldn't be given an oath date right away.

maxygirl

Nov 8, 2014
Rossei said:
I took my test yesterday @ CIC-London. I think the last event was held on Mar 4, 2015. The next available oath ceremony @ London will be in next 8~10 weeks, that's what has been told to us before the test. So, you wouldn't be given an oath date right away.
I received a letter from Elections Canada, but not oath invitation yet… quite odd. I know my application has been approved because that's what the officer told me when my interview ended, but I can only relax when I have citizenship certificate in my hot little hands

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
maxygirl said:
I received a letter from Elections Canada, but not oath invitation yet... quite odd. I know my application has been approved because that's what the officer told me when my interview ended, but I can only relax when I have citizenship certificate in my hot little hands
Could you please tell exactly what type of letter was that ? In fact , I have received a letter from Election Canada as well , although my application has been just transferred to the local office and my local office is one of the slowest in Canada .

Just want to figure out has it got anything to do with the processing of application .

thanks

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
maxygirl said:
I received a letter from Elections Canada, but not oath invitation yet... quite odd. I know my application has been approved because that's what the officer told me when my interview ended, but I can only relax when I have citizenship certificate in my hot little hands
I have checked mine . Its Voter Registration notice to get registered for vote before April 10th .

Did you receive the same ?

Thanks