+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Well, I got my test invitation letter yesterday ( @ London office on March 5, 2015). It gives only a week which I didn't expect although the letter was dated not so long ago on Feb 19, 2015.
Congrats. A week is more than enough time to prepare for the exam. Read the book and do a few practice test online.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
OP_POP said:
Congrats. A week is more than enough time to prepare for the exam. Read the book and do a few practice test online.
Is there question about 'which year' this happened or so? I'm bad at remembering stuffs.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Is there question about 'which year' this happened or so? I'm bad at remembering stuffs.
I am the worst in memorizing as well, but I got 20/20. Just remember the most important dates and names and you should be fine.

If I were you, this is what I would do:

1) Read the book
2) Do lots of practice exams online (200-300 questions)
3) Re-read the book one more time (this time you know better what are the important information based on all the practice questions you have done)

And you are good to go

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, so many positive updates.

Big CONGRATS to Rossei and all the other forum members who received test invites, even if the rest of us are still waiting.... I am super happy for those who are making progress.

This just shows CIC is doing some work afterall, the rest of us still waiting will hear something soon.

Congrats again guys... Go and ace that test. ;)

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
Congrats to all who received. I wish the Ottawa office would hurry the heck up and invite me for a test and oath. Don't know what they're doing with my file. ::)

prettymaryk

Sep 7, 2014
Just an update from me: I got an RQ back in November, but I still received a test invite three weeks ago - my test is tomorrow! So either they've finished processing my RQ (which I doubt) or they're letting me write the test before they start processing. Either way, I'm really glad I've progressed to the next step! Good luck everyone!

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prettymaryk said:
Just an update from me: I got an RQ back in November, but I still received a test invite three weeks ago - my test is tomorrow! So either they've finished processing my RQ (which I doubt) or they're letting me write the test before they start processing. Either way, I'm really glad I've progressed to the next step! Good luck everyone!
Congrats Prettymaryk, lets stay positive and hope that you have passed the worst.

OttawaResident, I think you will hear from them soon... fingers crossed.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prettymaryk said:
Prettymark, what are your timelines and which is your local office? I also got an RQ in November, but no Test invite yet. The review is shuttling between Scarborough and Mississauga.

NigerianCanadian

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

My journey has come to an end. I took the oath this morning in Scarborough. It was a nice ceremony. Justice Wong was pleasant and talked about his Malaysian heritage, and eventual Canadian citizenship.

It was a pretty quick ceremony - the ceremony on my pink sheet stated a start time of 8:30 am (but online on Scarborough ceremonies site said 9am). We were done before 10 am. There were 94 new Canadians there, including myself. We were given our certificate of citizenship there, and told to wait 48 hours before applying for a passport. Note that they do not give citizenship ID cards anymore (just a large certificate with your photo now).

Best of luck to all those still waiting, and congratulations to all Augustians who have finished this journey!

Timeline:
PR: April 29, 2012
Citizenship Application: August 8, 2014
Test date: December 8, 2014 (Scarborough - was out of the country at school)
Re test date: February 6, 2015 (Scarborough)
Oath: February 26, 2015

Total: 6 months.

prettymaryk

Sep 7, 2014
garian4u said:
Prettymark, what are your timelines and which is your local office? I also got an RQ in November, but no Test invite yet. The review is shuttling between Scarborough and Mississauga.
I submitted my application on August 26, they started processing October 31, I got the RQ on November 18, sent in my documents on December 21, and on February 6 I got the test invite. I don't actually know which office is processing my application. :-/

The test itself was very easy: I made two mistakes, but obviously passed. The officer asked to see my PR card, health card and Record of Landing, but she didn't go through my passport or even ask me any questions. She said they'll process my RQ now, and that all I can do now is wait. Everyone who was there to take the test seems to have gotten an RQ: I overheard a few of the conversations. I think they're testing every "RQ" applicant before they begin processing the documents, just to save themselves time. So I wouldn't worry too much if you haven't gotten a test invite: you'll probably get it very soon. The thing is, they probably haven't even looked at any of our RQ documents yet. So even after the test, it'll probably take months. But at least this part is done with.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
@ Rossie and others who got test invite.

Wish you all the best in your test. Go through the book a couple of times, do some online tests and you will be good to go.

@ NigerianCanadian

Congratulations!!!

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
prettymaryk said:
I submitted my application on August 26, they started processing October 31, I got the RQ on November 18, sent in my documents on December 21, and on February 6 I got the test invite. I don't actually know which office is processing my application. :-/

The test itself was very easy: I made two mistakes, but obviously passed. The officer asked to see my PR card, health card and Record of Landing, but she didn't go through my passport or even ask me any questions. She said they'll process my RQ now, and that all I can do now is wait. Everyone who was there to take the test seems to have gotten an RQ: I overheard a few of the conversations. I think they're testing every "RQ" applicant before they begin processing the documents, just to save themselves time. So I wouldn't worry too much if you haven't gotten a test invite: you'll probably get it very soon. The thing is, they probably haven't even looked at any of our RQ documents yet. So even after the test, it'll probably take months. But at least this part is done with.
@prettymaryk where did u write your test today, maybe that is the CIC office processing your application? Also what does your ecas say?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Donvalley said:
@ Rossie and others who got test invite.

Wish you all the best in your test. Go through the book a couple of times, do some online tests and you will be good to go.
Thanks latitudeofgratitude and Donvalley.

Well, I started reading it. The 'History' part doesn't suit me. Everything else seems alright. :)

prettymaryk

Sep 7, 2014
canadavasi - Scarborough, so perhaps there? But they didn't imply they had it there. My ecas just says "In process" and that they sent me a test invitation etc. It doesn't mention where the file is or if it's been transferred.