+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Just got off a phone call to CIC, the agent was an idiot to say the least. I asked a simple question was my file accepted by Montreal office. His answered was if the online status said it was transferred it mean it was accepted. so I told him thats not correct transfer does not mean accepted as you could be waiting for them to have a place for you in order to schedule your test. OMG his answer was no if it is sent to the local office it is because they need to finish your back ground check. I was told by another agent that all my checks were completed in Sydney and transferred to montreal to schedule the test but that the montreal office did not accepted it yet because the have a wait time to send test invite. which one should I believe.
why cannot they give the same information. so frustrating

Received on: AUG 1st
AOR: email Oct 28th( never got the email)
In Process: Dec 15
Transferred Local Office: Montreal Dec 17
Test Invite : ----
Oath Invite:-----

patientdog

Oct 2, 2014
Hello Guys, I have an oath date in March and my application is for Family. My son is only 4 years old, do I bring him along to take the oath. Is he required to attend the ceremony?

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noor-blue83 said:
Just got off a phone call to CIC, the agent was an idiot to say the least. I asked a simple question was my file accepted by Montreal office. His answered was if the online status said it was transferred it mean it was accepted. so I told him thats not correct transfer does not mean accepted as you could be waiting for them to have a place for you in order to schedule your test. OMG his answer was no if it is sent to the local office it is because they need to finish your back ground check. I was told by another agent that all my checks were completed in Sydney and transferred to montreal to schedule the test but that the montreal office did not accepted it yet because the have a wait time to send test invite. which one should I believe.
why cannot they give the same information. so frustrating

Received on: AUG 1st
AOR: email Oct 28th( never got the email)
In Process: Dec 15
Transferred Local Office: Montreal Dec 17
Test Invite : ----
Oath Invite:-----
Same boat.
Called CIC, was told if ECAS says transferred, then transferred. And he said "I do not see any specific information on your file so looks like your file is fine."
I don't think any Montreal email AOR applicant has received test yet. Keep fingers crossed.

Trex25

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
patientdog said:
Hello Guys, I have an oath date in March and my application is for Family. My son is only 4 years old, do I bring him along to take the oath. Is he required to attend the ceremony?
As per what CIC told me, that the children would not take the oath; they would get their citizenship as children of Canadians after the oath. So you do not need to take him to the oath. From what I heard also, it is extremely tiresome for young kids. My 10 cents .

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
patientdog said:
Parents will get certificates of citizenship for their children under age 14. Children under age 14 do not have to go, but if you wish to take oath with all family members or wish to have some pics with judge etc. you are allowed to take them too.
As mentioned in the notice, Parents and their children, however, may be asked to leave the ceremony room if their children disrupt the ceremony. So there is no problem for kids to be in the ceremony room, if he/she is silent.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Citizenship Friends,
Waiting for my final Oath now @ Vancouver office. This is my timeline.

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on January 19, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 19, 2015 at 1:03 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Hello Citizenship Friends,
Waiting for my final Oath now @ Vancouver office. This is my timeline.

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on January 19, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 19, 2015 at 1:03 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
Congrats Mark_Anna. The letter that was sent July 7th - was that an RQ? If so, can you share when your RQ responses were received, by which office and when your test invitation was issued?

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
No that was my legal name changed certificate they are asking my to send them

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Guys,

This doesn't fall into August applications category; but I need some help re: filling out my wife's application. I posted this in Feb Applicants topic, but still did not get any reply.

I'm confused if I need to fill out the blank fields on the CC payment receipt. I already paid online using my CC for my wife's application. When I print out the receipt, it has blanks in Payer Info boxes. It prints my name but has blanks for Client DOB, Client ID, Address & Ph No.

By 'client', does it mean my wife or the payer(me)? Should I fill them out with my wife's DOB, ID & Ph No although it contains my name in the 1st box? A reply will be highly appreciated as I'm all ready to send the app package. Thanks.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Rossei said:
Guys,

This doesn't fall into August applications category; but I need some help re: filling out my wife's application. I posted this in Feb Applicants topic, but still did not get any reply.

I'm confused if I need to fill out the blank fields on the CC payment receipt. I already paid online using my CC for my wife's application. When I print out the receipt, it has blanks in Payer Info boxes. It prints my name but has blanks for Client DOB, Client ID, Address & Ph No.

By 'client', does it mean my wife or the payer(me)? Should I fill them out with my wife's DOB, ID & Ph No although it contains my name in the 1st box? A reply will be highly appreciated as I'm all ready to send the app package. Thanks.
Fill out with applicant info... in this case your spouse

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
arambi said:
Fill out with applicant info... in this case your spouse
Thanks. I assumed same.

amy2008

Aug 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Took our Oath on February 21st, 2015 in Scarborough. It was a great experience and the ceremony took about 2 hrs. My spouse and I waited to take photos with the judge. There were about 83 of us in the ceremony. I had taken my kid who had to sit on our lap.
It was a great feeling to sing the National Anthem as a Citizen. We were told to wait for 2 business days before applying for passport.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amy2008 said:
Took our Oath on February 21st, 2015 in Scarborough. It was a great experience and the ceremony took about 2 hrs. My spouse and I waited to take photos with the judge. There were about 83 of us in the ceremony. I had taken my kid who had to sit on our lap.
It was a great feeling to sing the National Anthem as a Citizen. We were told to wait for 2 business days before applying for passport.
Congratulations!!!

Could you please share your experience about the Test and the interview afterwards?

Thanks.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Well, I got my test invitation letter yesterday ( @ London office on March 5, 2015). It gives only a week which I didn't expect although the letter was dated not so long ago on Feb 19, 2015.