+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

NigerianCanadian

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Good news: I just contacted CIC, and found out that my test has been rescheduled to February 6, 2015. I am yet to receive the letter which was apparently sent on January 16th. Yay, missing your first test doesn't completely ruin your chances.

Two observations/tips:
1. They appreciated the fact that I sent a letter to my local office (Scarborough) telling them why I had to miss my first test in December. He said the letter was on my record. In that letter, I also kindly requested a date after January 15th when my exchange program abroad would be done.

2. Calling CIC earlier this year (January 13 or so) to follow-up on whether they had any news/whether they got my letter MAY have encouraged some movement on my file. I.e. letter for new test was sent 3 days later.

Good luck to all awaiting tests/oath dates.

gtareddy

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NigerianCanadian said:
Hi Guys,

Good news: I just contacted CIC, and found out that my test has been rescheduled to February 6, 2015. I am yet to receive the letter which was apparently sent on January 16th. Yay, missing your first test doesn't completely ruin your chances.

Two observations/tips:
1. They appreciated the fact that I sent a letter to my local office (Scarborough) telling them why I had to miss my first test in December. He said the letter was on my record. In that letter, I also kindly requested a date after January 15th when my exchange program abroad would be done.

2. Calling CIC earlier this year (January 13 or so) to follow-up on whether they had any news/whether they got my letter MAY have encouraged some movement on my file. I.e. letter for new test was sent 3 days later.

Good luck to all awaiting tests/oath dates.
Hi NigerianCanadian,
Did you intimate them before you receive the invitation for test or after? You sent a letter to Scarborough office along with proofs? Just intimating CIC call center is not enough?

Maple_Star

Jul 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NigerianCanadian said:
Hi Guys,
Hi, Which number did you call?
My AOR is dated 3rd October and no update since then. Want to call and check. Appreciate the assistance.

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
my application was sent to montreal office Dec 17, so far no test invite. I called last week and the Agent was nice, he looked over my file and said the montreal office has not accepted the file yet, then he said do not worry it is in que for the test and it should be in the next few days. I asked if the montreal office has not accepted it yet does that mean there is some thing wrong with my file, he said now.
what the hell does that mean, the online status said transferred to montreal office. but if they did not accept it does it mean it`s still in Sydney.
confused any one from Montreal here.

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
noor-blue83 said:
my application was sent to montreal office Dec 17, so far no test invite. I called last week and the Agent was nice, he looked over my file and said the montreal office has not accepted the file yet, then he said do not worry it is in que for the test and it should be in the next few days. I asked if the montreal office has not accepted it yet does that mean there is some thing wrong with my file, he said now.
what the hell does that mean, the online status said transferred to montreal office. but if they did not accept it does it mean it`s still in Sydney.
It seems like all applications are being scanned to the system and hard copy file is either kept at Sydney or later sent to the local office. The fact that he said Montreal has not yet accepted the file as yet sounds like the file was scanned and a link is there for Montreal to accept. Maybe there are overloaded.

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
DAN11 said:
It seems like all applications are being scanned to the system and hard copy file is either kept at Sydney or later sent to the local office. The fact that he said Montreal has not yet accepted the file as yet sounds like the file was scanned and a link is there for Montreal to accept. Maybe there are overloaded.
I really hope thats all it is and that I get my invite soon.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
noor-blue83 said:
Thanks for sharing this info . Does your ecas status show your file transfer to Montreal ?

thanks

immigrant2008

Jun 4, 2014
We are in the same boat I guess. My file was transferred to Montreal Dec 30st and nothing after that.

noor-blue83 said:

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
immigrant2008 said:
We are in the same boat I guess. My file was transferred to Montreal Dec 30st and nothing after that.
Did ur online status first say the name of the office in montrea(F-guy) then a few days later change to just Montreal office

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
Just a quick update my friends,

We took oath today at Scarborough office.

will be back with more details later...

immigrant2008

Jun 4, 2014
Exactly! My online status first changed to guy-F and then to Montreal. Same to you?!

noor-blue83 said:
Did ur online status first say the name of the office in montrea(F-guy) then a few days later change to just Montreal office

dazissimo

Aug 9, 2014
Montréal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
20-04-2011
Here is the update of my situation - it seems to me a bit strange....

My husband got a letter for test date last Friday for 3rd Feb at 1pm in Montreal. I got nothing. I called the CIC call centre and they told me that no test was scheduled for me and that we are to be processed separately.

I called again yesterday (Monday). An agent told me that it seems to be that I am processed separately because I requested a Sign Language interpreter for the interview/test. I called again an hour later to say that I forgot to specify which sign langauge (Canada has two sign langauges: American Sign Language (ASL) and langue des signes québécoise (LSQ). The agent second time around told me that I was already scheduled for 3rd Feb at 1pm.

Looks like if I didn't call, things wouldn't move so quickly. Hmmm, interesting!

Nothing on ECAS. I do not have any indication that files were received at Montreal office either.

So its two weeks today. Heads down reading Discover Canada! Good luck whoever is taking the test in the coming weeks.

patientdog

Oct 2, 2014
Please can someone help answer this question for me, I wrote my test today and the officer during the interview process told me that they will contact me after verifying my entries. That if everything matches with my dates then he will invite me to take the oath. But its funny that he did not even try to verify the stamps on my passport.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patientdog said:
Please can someone help answer this question for me, I wrote my test today and the officer during the interview process told me that they will contact me after verifying my entries. That if everything matches with my dates then he will invite me to take the oath. But its funny that he did not even try to verify the stamps on my passport.
They might be waiting for CBSA report. Do not worry. I am sure you will get oath invite in a month or two.