+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

yano4ka

Jan 1, 2014
HiCanadiano said:
Did you send another application? Oh my god. Should I do the same? I haven't heard anything from them. However, I have ordered the ATIP report and it shows they have entered my information into their system and that is it. It appeared that they haven't started anything on my file. A file number has been generated starting with C0000 and nothing afterwards. Should I send a Case specific inquiry? I am pretty sure they will send the same answer as yano4ka's. I was told from the call centre like “you don't have to worry about it as the processing time for Citizenship application takes up to 24-36 months blah blah. I don't want to refer any of your experience and say this is unfair or something. Every one of you must have different scenarios, which make the processing time different. I totally understand that. Probably my application is sitting somewhere in their file storage room after an agent entered the data.
HiCanadiano, we decided that sending another application wouldn't do us any harm. I don't want to find out in a few months that they lost my application and the new bill is in action and settlement calculation changes.
Just notice that the fees have increased.

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My ECAS still shows "Received". Either they are not updating ECAS or the agent working on it never returned from vacation as of yet. This organization is a BIG JOKE. There is no logic to their operations.

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maali said:
My ECAS still shows "Received". Either they are not updating ECAS or the agent working on it never returned from vacation as of yet. This organization is a BIG JOKE. There is no logic to their operations.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HiCanadiano said:
Did you send another application? Oh my god. Should I do the same? I haven't heard anything from them. However, I have ordered the ATIP report and it shows they have entered my information into their system and that is it. It appeared that they haven't started anything on my file. A file number has been generated starting with C0000 and nothing afterwards. Should I send a Case specific inquiry? I am pretty sure they will send the same answer as yano4ka's. I was told from the call centre like “you don't have to worry about it as the processing time for Citizenship application takes up to 24-36 months blah blah. I don't want to refer any of your experience and say this is unfair or something. Every one of you must have different scenarios, which make the processing time different. I totally understand that. Probably my application is sitting somewhere in their file storage room after an agent entered the data.
You do not have to send another application.

steven77

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any vancouver august applicants got their test invite? Please provide your info here, so we could track it together.
The process speed in GVA is slower compare to GTA, where at lease 10 more august applicants already finished their test and got their oath invitation. Vancouver have none until now. It is so unfair for us ,hehe :D
cic recieved my files on Aug 22, my application is in process since oct 11, 2014.
thanks.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patientdog said:
Gentlemen, over the holidays I received Notice to Appear for my Citizenship test on January 20, 2015. My timeline is as follows:

Citizenship:
Date Sent => 30-JUL-2014
Date Received => 05-AUG-2014
AOR via Email => 27-OCT-2014
Processing Started => 27-DEC-2014
Test Date => 20-JAN-2015
Oath Date => TBD
Congrats. Looks like you are the first email-AOR recipient who got test invite. Is your local office Mississauga or Scarborough ?

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally my app goes into process on Jan 12th 2015. Updated today on ECAS. WOW, that ECAS thing does get updated.

gtareddy

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maali said:
Finally my app goes into process on Jan 12th 2015. Updated today on ECAS. WOW, that ECAS thing does get updated.
Hi Maali,
Both of us have exactly same timeline and from same location. Today I could see ecas updated with "InProcess" on Jan 12.

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gtareddy said:
Hi Maali,
Both of us have exactly same timeline and from same location. Today I could see ecas updated with "InProcess" on Jan 12.
What a co-incidence. Lets see how this proceeds. We should expect test date some time in Feb or early March. I have just one trip (1 entry /exit), maybe it is processed faster.

CAPR

Sep 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

I have an update on ECAS today and yes it went into process. It says processing started on Jan 13, 2015. Hopefully test date within the next 2-4 weeks

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
bouyaka said:
hi all,

anybody's got a test date from the ottawa office?
Nope not yet.
Still waiting here.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
patientdog said:
Gentlemen, over the holidays I received Notice to Appear for my Citizenship test on January 20, 2015. My timeline is as follows:

Citizenship:
Date Sent => 30-JUL-2014
Date Received => 05-AUG-2014
AOR via Email => 27-OCT-2014
Processing Started => 27-DEC-2014
Test Date => 20-JAN-2015
Oath Date => TBD
catchvb said:
Congrats. Looks like you are the first email-AOR recipient who got test invite. Is your local office Mississauga or Scarborough ?
I don't think he is email AOR. Check his previous post. He received the book by mail.
Post #830

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called CIC to get an update on my case, the agent was again super helpful. He verified my information and checked my application status. He told me "Great news! Your test is on Feb 10th!!" However, he mentioned I should wait to get the official letter which is usually received 2 weeks prior to the test. Finally someone from West of Canada got a test invite (not official yet). My local office is Vancouver.

Hopefully rest of you guys will receive some good news soon.