+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

canappli

Nov 19, 2014
Did any1 from Edmonton get test invites?

I have been hearing that this office is super slow with very limited officers and judges

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canappli said:

I have been hearing that this office is super slow with very limited officers and judges
I know.. Calgary and Edmonton are one of the slowest... I am in Calgary and hope to hear any news soon.

citizenshipapplicant

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
OP_POP said:
I just called CIC to get an update on my case, the agent was again super helpful. He verified my information and checked my application status. He told me "Great news! Your test is on Feb 10th!!" However, he mentioned I should wait to get the official letter which is usually received 2 weeks prior to the test. Finally someone from West of Canada got a test invite (not official yet). My local office is Vancouver.

Hopefully rest of you guys will receive some good news soon.
Hey Congratulations.

Which province and city you are in, in Western Canada. And what is your timeline. Thanks

I applied in September, I am in Edmonton, it is still in process.

citizenshipapplicant

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
canappli said:

I am waiting too, applied in September and in process so far. Couple of my friends applied in April and July and they are also in process.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
citizenshipapplicant said:
Hey Congratulations.

Which province and city you are in, in Western Canada. And what is your timeline. Thanks

I applied in September, I am in Edmonton, it is still in process.
From Vancouver. Time line is in my signature.

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
citizenshipapplicant said:
Kindly update when you get some news, as we all are waiting anxiously in Calgary and Edmonton :)

For sure. I am not expecting it soon though. One of my friends applied for it in 2011 had the test in the middle of December, 2014. No RQ requested and no outstanding issues..

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Goodness, CIC made a mistake in spelling my name. Back to the phone to notify them!!! Thank heavens I spotted this.

sweetdreama

Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

So I had my oath ceremony today at 8:30am. I got to Scarborough Town Centre at 8:15am and then stood in line for about ten minutes as the people that had come before me were being checked in. I was hoping to be early so that I could get a seat in the front of the room but you get numbers so your seat is already determined by the time you get there. They were most intrested in seeing your PR card and the landing document, but we had to have all the other requested documents with us (basically what you are told to brign to the test).

The judge was very nice and moved the ceremony along very fast. The appointment was at 8:30 and I was a citizen by 9:30. I think we were done with everying sometime after 10am.

There are two things I wish I had known:
1) That I would get emotional. This is pretty big. Getting citizenship after so many years, after worrying about immigration changes and whether I'd make the cut off... It was impossible for me to sit in my seat and not feel moved by what was going on. So, just in case, I recommend having some tissue/Kleenex available, just in case!
2) They will allow you to take photos with the judge and the flags/stage, so if you are like me and you come alone, don't worry about pictures. There is a great opportunity at the end of the ceremony - it's the last part of the procedure and those that want to can participate.

My caution to people with young children: make sure you bring someone that can help you with the child when they get fussy. You will be asked to leave the room if they get really aggitated so it's best to bring someone that can help you with them so that you can stay in the room.

Other than that, it was a great ceremony. I can't believe the journey to citizenship has finally come to an end. I am SO grateful to this site and the August thread especially. Thank you for answering my questions; the support has been great. Also, I am thankful to CIC for their hard work to make us citizens of this wonderful country.

Good luck to all my fellow Augustians! May your letters/tests and ceremonies be in the very near future! The VERY best of luck to you all!

sweetdreama ;)

dazissimo

Aug 9, 2014
Montréal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
20-04-2011
Many congrats sweetdreama! And thank you for sharing your experience too!

My husband got a letter stating that his test will be 3rd February in Montreal. Not yet received mine and called call centre - they say that I am still in process and no letter has been sent out! Any others who have had the same experience? Did any of you take your test on a different date from others in your family?

I have a gut feeling that my letter will come sometime next week and that the agent at a call centre do not have all information that is in local office, Montreal in my case. We'll see! :)

Daz

kefche1

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Does anyone know what are the stages the application goes through while "In Process"?
I know that the first stage is the "Background Check" but what's next?

citizenshipapplicant

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
sweetdreama said:
Hello Everyone,

So I had my oath ceremony today at 8:30am. I got to Scarborough Town Centre at 8:15am and then stood in line for about ten minutes as the people that had come before me were being checked in. I was hoping to be early so that I could get a seat in the front of the room but you get numbers so your seat is already determined by the time you get there. They were most intrested in seeing your PR card and the landing document, but we had to have all the other requested documents with us (basically what you are told to brign to the test).

The judge was very nice and moved the ceremony along very fast. The appointment was at 8:30 and I was a citizen by 9:30. I think we were done with everying sometime after 10am.

There are two things I wish I had known:
1) That I would get emotional. This is pretty big. Getting citizenship after so many years, after worrying about immigration changes and whether I'd make the cut off... It was impossible for me to sit in my seat and not feel moved by what was going on. So, just in case, I recommend having some tissue/Kleenex available, just in case!
2) They will allow you to take photos with the judge and the flags/stage, so if you are like me and you come alone, don't worry about pictures. There is a great opportunity at the end of the ceremony - it's the last part of the procedure and those that want to can participate.

My caution to people with young children: make sure you bring someone that can help you with the child when they get fussy. You will be asked to leave the room if they get really aggitated so it's best to bring someone that can help you with them so that you can stay in the room.

Other than that, it was a great ceremony. I can't believe the journey to citizenship has finally come to an end. I am SO grateful to this site and the August thread especially. Thank you for answering my questions; the support has been great. Also, I am thankful to CIC for their hard work to make us citizens of this wonderful country.

Good luck to all my fellow Augustians! May your letters/tests and ceremonies be in the very near future! The VERY best of luck to you all!

sweetdreama ;)
Congrats, if end is well, all is well

gunterinella

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sidney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
07-04-2012
us2yow said:
gunterinella,

Doesn't your e-CAS also say ....file transferrered to local office on .... x date ? I don't see that in your status bar.

Also, what is your Local Office ? Looks like surely something in Ontario around GTA etc ?
Sorry, I did not answer earlier.

My e-cas has still not been updated since October 27th.
I am having the test in Mississauga.

grepis

Jun 9, 2011
sweetdreama said:
Hello Everyone,

So I had my oath ceremony today at 8:30am.
I join to congratulations and would like to say that I had the same experienced.
I have decided to take a photo with judge, so just asked men from line to take a photo (I was alone on ceremony as well).

I wish everyone to get their citizenship!

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Hey Guys,

Just an update, my application has been transferred to local office Jan 15,2015 -

I am in Windsor - Application Received August 28, 2014, book sent Dec 05, 2014, started processing Dec 31st and file transferred Jan 15, 2015. Iwonder whats next?