+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

immigrant2008

Jun 4, 2014
maali said:
Atleast they are doing some activity which you can see on ECAS. For others like me, cannot see anything but "Received" since ages.

Soon you will get test invitation. It seems the CIC officers are still learning to use ECAS, some of them are junk heads who do not even use it!
I know! You are right :( Hope you get good news veryyy soon

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hi grepis, congrats!
One quick question, did CIC also ask you to bring translation of passport stamps to the interview?
Thanks!

grepis said:
I took only
+ original documents (T4 slips and CELPIP results) that was submitted with application (yellow paper mentioned this)
+ passport
+ PR
+ Landing Paper
+ all ID documents that I have in pocession (DL, Healt Card).
In general everything what they requested in invitation for test.

As I recall they verified ID's, inspect passport carefully, asked few questions about my travel history and that is all.
Probably my case is routine - I was out of Canada couple of times only for vacation, same job all the time.

immigrant2008

Jun 4, 2014
chelavnzuo said:
Hi grepis, congrats!
One quick question, did CIC also ask you to bring translation of passport stamps to the interview?
Thanks!
I know that it is very crucial to have it with you, if you have any non-english stamps. I have seen many of my friends who received RQ just because of that, either in their interview or afterwards.

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Thanks, another question, can I prepare for the translation now or should I wait until the test notice (i.e. is the official translation only vaild for a certain period of time and will expire then)? My application is in process since last December.

immigrant2008 said:
I know that it is very crucial to have it with you, if you have any non-english stamps. I have seen many of my friends who received RQ just because of that, either in their interview or afterwards.

immigrant2008

Jun 4, 2014
chelavnzuo said:
Thanks, another question, can I prepare for the translation now or should I wait until the test notice (i.e. is the official translation only vaild for a certain period of time and will expire then)? My application is in process since last December.
How long does it take for a translator to do that? Normally they give you notice at least 2 weeks before test. This gives you enough time.

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
immigrant2008 said:
How long does it take for a translator to do that? Normally they give you notice at least 2 weeks before test. This gives you enough time.
I'm not sure, I have not heard any thing from the montreal office, but I will go tomorrow and get it done in case tgey ask for it. Better safe then sorry

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
It’s probably okay to do that as long as you are certain that no foreign stamps will be added in your passport between now and your expected test date.

noor-blue83 said:
I'm not sure, I have not heard any thing from the montreal office, but I will go tomorrow and get it done in case tgey ask for it. Better safe then sorry

grepis

Jun 9, 2011
chelavnzuo said:
Hi grepis, congrats!
Thanks!
No, they never asked me about stamp translation. I have few of non-English, but all of them dated prior my arrival to Canada (7 years ago).

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Test went well 20/20 at Scarborough Centre.

But no oath letter she wants to verify my entries to Canada since CBSA does not always stamp your passport when you enter Canada.
It is ridiculous system. Either CBSA should start stamping passports all the times or CIC should not adopt this criteria.

I suggest it is good idea to carry CBSA report if you do not have all the stamps (Canada entry and exit) on your passport.

She told me that she would order ICSE report (something like this...) for my entries to Canada. She suggested that it would take around 2-3 days and she would call me to inform if everything was okay. I don't blv her. Nothing happens in 2-3 days and they seldom call you over phone.

She also told me that if report does not come good, I will receive a RQ.

Unnecessary delay.............. :(

Lucky people were getting oath letters for Jan.19/2015.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Well, I hope others on this forum will follow your advise (i.e: "I suggest it is good idea to carry CBSA report if you do not have all the stamps (Canada entry and exit) on your passport").

There is a huge gap between what should be done by CIC agents and what is actually done. Why in the world will the CIC agent not have your ICES travel report (Canada Exit / Entry) at time of interview when you already gave them permission to get that? This defies any logic... so you need to take that into account and adapt...

Anyway, I wish you read my previous post and took my advice. See below link

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t262588.0.html

Good luck to you with the rest of the process

def_col_male said:
Test went well 20/20 at Scarborough Centre.

But no oath letter she wants to verify my entries to Canada since CBSA does not always stamp your passport when you enter Canada.
It is ridiculous system. Either CBSA should start stamping passports all the times or CIC should not adopt this criteria.

I suggest it is good idea to carry CBSA report if you do not have all the stamps (Canada entry and exit) on your passport.

She told me that she would order ICSE report (something like this...) for my entries to Canada. She suggested that it would take around 2-3 days and she would call me to inform if everything was okay. I don't blv her. Nothing happens in 2-3 days and they seldom call you over phone.

She also told me that if report does not come good, I will receive a RQ.

Unnecessary delay.............. :(

Lucky people were getting oath letters for Jan.19/2015.
Well I rea

torontormcf

Dec 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2015
AOR Received.
27-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-04-2015
Med's Done....
17-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
Office – Scarborough
I got there 30 minutes before the schedule test time. It turns out it wasn’t necessary. You could easily arrive 10 minute before the test.
The test itself is quite easy. I scored 20/20 and it took me 5 minutes at most to finish. Once the test is completed, I handed over to the officer/agent. I proceeded to another room for the interview.
I waited for 5 minutes and was called up by the officer/agent. Pleasant man I must say. No need to be nervous, as I think most of the legwork has already been completed.
I just laid out all my passports and ID in front of him. He took a glance and was mostly interested in the passports.
Went through the passport, rather he just scanned. I don’t think he was reconciling the stamps with the dates I had submitted. He was just looking for colorful stamps, I assume.
I had some non-english stamps. I didn’t translate them nor did he ask. I think it’s at the discretion of the officer.
Small talk about travels and work. Pulled out a pink document and said “What do you feel like about having your oath on the 19th”.
From the start of the test to me getting back to my car. 15 minutes.
It will take 5 months (Aug 28 – Jan 19) for the complete process. I think the reason why my case as swift is because I have completed all my post secondary education in Canada as well as been with the same employer for the past 6 years.
I hope this helps.

amy2008

Aug 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontormcf said:
Office – Scarborough
I got there 30 minutes before the schedule test time. It turns out it wasn't necessary. You could easily arrive 10 minute before the test.
The test itself is quite easy. I scored 20/20 and it took me 5 minutes at most to finish. Once the test is completed, I handed over to the officer/agent. I proceeded to another room for the interview.
I waited for 5 minutes and was called up by the officer/agent. Pleasant man I must say. No need to be nervous, as I think most of the legwork has already been completed.
I just laid out all my passports and ID in front of him. He took a glance and was mostly interested in the passports.
Went through the passport, rather he just scanned. I don't think he was reconciling the stamps with the dates I had submitted. He was just looking for colorful stamps, I assume.
I had some non-english stamps. I didn't translate them nor did he ask. I think it's at the discretion of the officer.
Small talk about travels and work. Pulled out a pink document and said “What do you feel like about having your oath on the 19th”.
From the start of the test to me getting back to my car. 15 minutes.
It will take 5 months (Aug 28 – Jan 19) for the complete process. I think the reason why my case as swift is because I have completed all my post secondary education in Canada as well as been with the same employer for the past 6 years.
I hope this helps.
I have seen posts on other forums about the colour of test invite received. Purle, yellow. Does this have any relevance to getting oath letter immediately.