Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
my e-cas still "Received" not yet "In Process" but keep checking mailbox everyday.

(Calgary office)

Anyone from Alberta got test invitation recently?

Cheers,

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
As far as we know there is not a lot of backlog in Mississauga or GTA in general. Infact i wonder if there indeed any? Most pre-July GTA applications are pending post test RQ stage. So the processing speed is real time in Ontario.
However in the west there a lot of Jan 2014 applicants yet to receive their test invitations. I don't think the Calgary or Edmonton offices will be skipping them to call later applicants. West still processes at 18 months speed for routine apps. Most i know from west are approaching the 14 month mark before expectations for test invite.

steven77

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems that almost all GTA August applicants got their invest invitation.congratulations. But how about vancouver and west coast, anybody got invitation? The Vancouver is slow compared to his east counterpart.
My file received on Aug 21, in process since oct 11. almost 3 months passed, still no invitation. :(

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
steven77 said:
It seems that almost all GTA August applicants got their invest invitation.congratulations. But how about vancouver and west coast, anybody got invitation? The Vancouver is slow compared to his east counterpart.
My file received on Aug 21, in process since oct 11. almost 3 months passed, still no invitation. :(
what else we could do as long as its normal processing time is 24 months.

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is not true. I applied Aug. 7th(Scarborough), ECAS shows received, no update yet!

steven77 said:

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
maali said:
This is not true. I applied Aug. 7th(Scarborough), ECAS shows received, no update yet!
Hence, he wrote "almost all GTA August applicants".:D Hope yours come soon.

But many are writing tests today, Jan 8 and Jan 9 in Scarborough. I hope they will share their experience duly.

immigrant2008

Jun 4, 2014
slm.tbt said:
Same exact thing here! Go Montreal go ...
I am in the same boat as you guys! My file was transferred to Guy-Favreau office on Dec 30st. Let me know if you hear anything regarding test date. Do you have any estimation for that?

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
immigrant2008 said:
I am in the same boat as you guys! My file was transferred to Guy-Favreau office on Dec 30st. Let me know if you hear anything regarding test date. Do you have any estimation for that?
Hi
My online status said that, my fule was transfered on Dec17, then when I checked it a week later, the name of
The office has disappeared and it just say the montreal office now. Does any one know ehat does that mean. I'm a bit worried.

immigrant2008

Jun 4, 2014
noor-blue83 said:
Hi
My online status said that, my fule was transfered on Dec17, then when I checked it a week later, the name of
The office has disappeared and it just say the montreal office now. Does any one know ehat does that mean. I'm a bit worried.
Exact opposite happened to me! At first my status was "Your file was transferred to local office on Dec 30". Today the same status is there however "local office" was changed to "Guy-Favreau".

slm.tbt

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noor-blue83 said:
Hi
Same thing here. Mine also changed to Montreal after few days. I don't see why we should worry as they are both in Montreal :)

sweetdreama

Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I had my test today at Scarborough and it went well! I also got my Oath invitation for January 16th right after the test! I was very nervous about the interview but the officer was really nice. He reviewed my documents to make sure they were authentic and of course had a look at my stamps. Most of the interview we were just chatting so I was finally at ease. He then pulled out the pink form and asked me how I felt about coming in for the oath on the 16th of January. :D

All in all, I think it probably took an hour tops.

The test wasn't hard but definitely go over your book. All of it! Below are some of the resources I used and they helped make me comfortable about today. I did all these tests twice after I had read the book once over:

http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
http://www.toptipsclub.com/citizenship_test.asp
http://www.v-soul.com/

Good luck to the other August applicants!