Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
After seeing so many getting updates in last few days, I've just checked my E-Cas now. It has a new line added when I click on "In-Process":

Your file was transferred to the London office on December 17, 2014. The London office will contact you. :D

BTW, I did not get any letter from CIC yet.

One thing is worth to mention here that my received line did not disappear. My E-Cas has 4 lines now:
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 14, 2014.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 6, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (I only received email AOR)
3. We started processing your application on December 4, 2014.
4. Your file was transferred to the London office on December 17, 2014. The London office will contact you.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Donvalley said:
Rossie,
Congrats! get ready for the test after holidays.
Thanks buddy.

I now wish I were to take the test in Feb. I will be extremely busy at work for whole Jan. I thought I would prepare in the holidays; didn't have time at all. :(

SK_NKR

Dec 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SK_NKR said:
My family has applied on 22nd August and the received paper AOR without C000XXXXX file number. I could not apply with them as I had a pesnding case in provincial court which concluded satisfactorily on 23rd December. I sent in my application today 24th December and it is expected to reach CIC on 29th December.

My family's application went into "IN PROCESS" on 6th November according to E-cas. On 9th December they received a letter from CIC Sydney that the initial review has been completed on 4th December and now it has been sent to Program Support Unit (PSU) for final review. The letter indicated that PSU will contact us if they need any further documentation from us. :(

On calling CIC we found out that this could be due to parentage issue as my 2 minor children use my surname and my wife uses her birth surname so CIC needs to verify parentage.

We decided to be proactive and sent then a letter explaining the surname as well as enclosing a copy of my passport biographical page, my PR Card as well as my landing document which lists my wife and 2 children as my dependents when we first migrated to Canada in 2011 as Permanent Residents.
An Update:

My wife called the CIC helpline and once again got a person who was willing to be very helpful. He checked my wife's file and informed her that there was no note on her file indicating that it was "non-routine".

My wife informed him that she has received a letter dated 4th December, informing her that her file has been sent to PSU for final review. The CIC person asked her if she had single application or was it con-current. My wife informed him that it was con-current with 2 minors. He put her on hold while he checked his information.

After a few minutes he came back on line and informed her that yes he could see that my youngest child had a note on her file and it was sent to PSU for "PARENTAGE". On further inquiry, he mentioned that my child was born in USA and had a different surname from my wife's, and therefore the PSU needs to verify all the details in regards to parentage before it can be sent to local office for rest of the process. He could not give her the length of time it would take for PSU to finalize the review but hinted that with the new process in place it should be fairly soon (not sure what fairly soon means in real time? :-\).

The letter with explanation and supporting documents reached PSU unit this morning so we are hoping that it would assist PSU to finalize their review and the processing continues.

My application also reached today, so my countdown begins as well.

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
Rossei said:
After seeing so many getting updates in last few days, I've just checked my E-Cas now. It has a new line added when I click on "In-Process":

Your file was transferred to the London office on December 17, 2014. The London office will contact you. :D

BTW, I did not get any letter from CIC yet.

One thing is worth to mention here that my received line did not disappear. My E-Cas has 4 lines now:
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 14, 2014.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 6, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (I only received email AOR)
3. We started processing your application on December 4, 2014.
4. Your file was transferred to the London office on December 17, 2014. The London office will contact you.
Congratulations Rossei!!

As a follow up, I have some questions:

Yours and I both have an AoR of Nov 6. Now I'm in Ottawa until tomorrow and have already changed my address on eCAS to Kingston.

1. Do you know if I need to change the address anywhere else?
2. Does Kingston have its own jurisdiction office, or does it fall under Ottawa or Toronto?
3. Anybody from Kingston have any experience of processing times?
4. Also is ANYBODY else in the same boat as me with their application still in "Received" status on ecas?

Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ottawaResident said:
Congratulations Rossei!!

As a follow up, I have some questions:

Yours and I both have an AoR of Nov 6. Now I'm in Ottawa until tomorrow and have already changed my address on eCAS to Kingston.

1. Do you know if I need to change the address anywhere else?
I don't think so. By the guide, you are to follow this link which takes you to E-cas. So, you did it right. But for further assurance, you may contact CIC call centre.
2. Does Kingston have its own jurisdiction office, or does it fall under Ottawa or Toronto?
It doesn't have. But I don't know what your location (Ottawa or Toronto) will be either.
3. Anybody from Kingston have any experience of processing times?
4. Also is ANYBODY else in the same boat as me with their application still in "Received" status on ecas?
No idea about these.

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
Thanks Rossei.

Checked my ecas today and it's now In Process as of Dec 29.

Called up ecas and they said that Kingston app will be processed in Ottawa as well. But at least this means that we now have something moving!

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just browsing today on this forum I found some Sept & even Oct 2014 email AOR files sent to local office. What is happening with June, July & Aug. 2014 email AORs???? Maybe the ECAS is not updated to show current status. Confusing!

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maali said:
Just browsing today on this forum I found some Sept & even Oct 2014 email AOR files sent to local office. What is happening with June, July & Aug. 2014 email AORs???? Maybe the ECAS is not updated to show current status. Confusing!
The reason CIC implemented new single point processing (only CIC officer and no more CJ) from Aug and for that all applications they received from Sept are processing fast as priority and for earlier month they are working in between so we are in delayed route..

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maali said:
Yup, Ecas is slow in updating current status, mine still shows in process, but call center told me it is with Vancouver office waiting on test queue.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They should stop that ecas of a thing. What's the point of having that if the updates are not done efficiently.

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The table below shows the processing time from receipt of application to finalization for 80 percent of cases processed between October 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014:

Routine citizenship applications
24 months
Non-routine citizenship applications
36 months

Hi all,
as you can see I had a little too much time on my hand toady and found the following,
instead of the usual processing time to process all applications between 24-36 months, CIC updated their website on 23/12/2014 to show that within a year they have been processing applications from start to finish in only 2- 3 years.

My guess is, instead of updating new and correct processing time , they are choosing to keep mention of old times on website to deter callers... since immediately when you look at the website it still looks like the old processing times still apply... or maybe it was just a "Huge Typographical error"

Thoughts?
see link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

patientdog

Oct 2, 2014
Gentlemen, over the holidays I received Notice to Appear for my Citizenship test on January 20, 2015. My timeline is as follows:

Citizenship:
Date Sent => 30-JUL-2014
Date Received => 05-AUG-2014
AOR via Email => 27-OCT-2014
Processing Started => 27-DEC-2014
Test Date => 20-JAN-2015
Oath Date => TBD