+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2013 Citizenship Applications - Start to Finish

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Criminal Record Checks are valid as of the date they were conducted. Results are stamped with the date of completion rather than an expiration date. It is up to the requesting organization to determine their own thresholds for how long a check will be considered "valid". If it is determined that it has been too long since the completion of your check, the organization may request a renewal.

cic may renew some unclear cases provided by rcmp within next 60 days and/or shorter duration ..so if your are a criminal or questioned applicant get ready to face may be two or more background check before your application could finish .

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey All,

Any news so far on test? Or shall I take no news is good news ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Its been over 9 months since i sent in my application....9 months and still no trace....

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
dear_pnp said:
Hey All,

Its been over 9 months since i sent in my application....9 months and still no trace....
No news from my side , dear_pnp usually we will get the letter of the test before the e-case update or visa versa ?

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saloo said:
No news from my side , dear_pnp usually we will get the letter of the test before the e-case update or visa versa ?
Observing the pattern, it's safe to say that you might receive the letter first before e-case update. However, if the letter was sent on friday for example, i know e-case gets updated on saturday as well, so it might be different in that case.

Do you know whats your local office?

Thanks Saloo

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
dear_pnp said:
Observing the pattern, it's safe to say that you might receive the letter first before e-case update. However, if the letter was sent on friday for example, i know e-case gets updated on saturday as well, so it might be different in that case.

Do you know whats your local office?

Thanks Saloo
Kitchener,Ontario

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
dear_pnp said:
Hey All,

No news from CIC as of today. However, a sad news from my family. Lost my dad. Leaving for India today, called and informed CIC the dates I won't be here in Canada. That's the best I could do.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May he rest in peace !

joy4u said:
No news from CIC as of today. However, a sad news from my family. Lost my dad. Leaving for India today, called and informed CIC the dates I won't be here in Canada. That's the best I could do.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
updating August applicant

I was sent an invitation for Oath April 28, and the date is May 21st.

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:(
look like ottawa fall asleep again . been almost a month and a week after my test , no news from my side yet .
i am not sure what they are trying to do..like come on ...seriously!!!!

cant wait to go give a vote this year and actually travel places without being ask zillions of questions :(

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joy4u said:
Any update for August applicants? Especially from Scarborough...

How about you joy4u?

Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Augusters,

Nothing from my side other than my received line disappeared last week, hopefully means moving forward with the application. Will see...

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
dear_pnp said:
Any update for August applicants? Especially from Scarborough...

How about you joy4u?
Came back from India this week and found nothing from CIC in the mail box. No change in online status either. Called up CIC to inform that we're back and asked about the application status, the agent sang the same old song so now news yet.