+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2013 Citizenship Applications - Start to Finish

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sazamizi said:
at least we could have a plan for our lives how long we have to stay in the same city and address. At least we wouldn't need to worry too much of changing our jobs and address and checking forums and our ecases each single day or hour!!!
No one is preventing you or your family from leaving to other provinces or changing jobs or addresses within Canada. I don't agree with your argument at all. I do agree with the policies of the CIC but not with the way applicants are being treated and misinformed.

The downside of the delay could range from not being able to exploit jobs overseas or within the government of Canada to restricted mobility (having to apply to visas to visit other countries).

But don't let the application prevent you from living your life to the fullest. You have all the rights that are available to a Canadian citizen except for the right to vote.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I was reading your comment , I had a feeling that you were sitting down in your balcony and drinking your beer and advising me.

farrous13 said:
No one is preventing you or your family from leaving to other provinces or changing jobs or addresses within Canada. I don't agree with your argument at all. I do agree with the policies of the CIC but not with the way applicants are being treated and misinformed.

The downside of the delay could range from not being able to exploit jobs overseas or within the government of Canada to restricted mobility (having to apply to visas to visit other countries).

But don't let the application prevent you from living your life to the fullest. You have all the rights that are available to a Canadian citizen except for the right to vote.

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Hi sazamizi
I understand your feeling some how , since I think that I have the same problem. I, personally can't explain that why making decision about some changes in my life is depend on how my file is going to process and I almost stuck for awhile and when I read farrous's comment at first I did n't like it but when I read it again I believe he/she wants to send us this message that whether we like it or not this is how it goes so lets take it easy.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sazamizi said:
When I was reading your comment , I had a feeling that you were sitting down in your balcony and drinking your beer and advising me.
haha! It's still cold outside though. ;)

Flyeur75

Feb 1, 2014
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG-2013
AOR Received.
OCT-2013
File Transfer...
JUN-2014
Interview........
SEP-2014
Hi Everyone -

I called CIC yesterday, and was told that they have sent me a letter on April 8th with a fingerprint request. I haven't received it yet, nor has the ECAS been updated.

Here is my timeline so far:

Application sent to CIC via FedEx: August 27, 2013
Application received by CIC: August 28, 2013
Acknolwegement letter sent by CIC: October 30, 2013
Fingerprint request letter sent by CIC: April 8, 2013.

Local office: Missisauga, ON

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Flyeur75 said:
Hi Everyone -

I called CIC yesterday, and was told that they have sent me a letter on April 8th with a fingerprint request. I haven't received it yet, nor has the ECAS been updated.

Here is my timeline so far:

Application sent to CIC via FedEx: August 27, 2013
Application received by CIC: August 28, 2013
Acknolwegement letter sent by CIC: October 30, 2013
Fingerprint request letter sent by CIC: April 8, 2013.

Local office: Missisauga, ON
Hi,
do you know the reason why they would request you to submit the fingerprint? was your file already transferred to the local office?
thanks,

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
Called CIC again on 11th April. As per the agent back ground check completed, no additional information required as this point of time but no test date fixed yet. so frustrating.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jabuela said:
any news anyone, oath or even a test date..

Nope nothing so far. No sign of test date let alone Oath..... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
Is there any step after background check and before test? Am I missing any info here? I don't understand why they won't schedule test for applicants whose background checks are complete.

druid2010

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joy4u said:
Is there any step after background check and before test? Am I missing any info here? I don't understand why they won't schedule test for applicants whose background checks are complete.
from my call with cic earlier today, my background check is complete but my application is waiting to be transferred to the local office so your test will only be scheduled after the transfer is complete

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
druid2010 said:
from my call with cic earlier today, my background check is complete but my application is waiting to be transferred to the local office so your test will only be scheduled after the transfer is complete
My application was transferred to the local office in Dec 2013. It's Scarborough Town Center. And as per the agent even the local office is done with my back ground check. so I was thinking if there's a step in between test and back ground check by the local office.

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
joy4u said:
My application was transferred to the local office in Dec 2013. It's Scarborough Town Center. And as per the agent even the local office is done with my back ground check. so I was thinking if there's a step in between test and back ground check by the local office.
Is the background check done by local office or Sydney office?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsm_al said:
Is the background check done by local office or Sydney office?

Initialy done at the Sydney office before being forwarded to the local office...
Once it reaches the local office, and expired...then the local office has the authority to renew them.