+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2013 Citizenship Applications - Start to Finish

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
hehe. Pretty busy but not with dating. lool. My wife and I are pregnant (don't know if it's a boy or girl) so will be busy for a long time 8). But guess what? Our child will get his/her citizenship before we do. ;)

Hey man, congratulations. Good to know that someone soon will be joining your family, always a good news ;D ;D ;D

"My wife and I are pregnant" ----- Although I highly doubt you are pregnant, only your wife must be pregnant :) :) :)....Kidding bro

yeah you will be good busy for a long time, long enough to keep you distracted from the waiting game of citizenship....when you get the oath, you won't even notice, because you will be too busy looking good... :p :p :p

Yeah true, your child will be like, " dad...you still a PR" lol....

Congrats again man.

confused1234

May 6, 2013
I sent my application in the third week of August. Two weeks back cic had updated stating they have sent an acknowledgement letter. Yesterday they updated stating they started processing last week. Also they seem to be updating their system on thursday/friday (as opposed to the usual Tuesdays).

irfan.khyam

Sep 5, 2013
I know the AOR will come now in a few days but after that what is the time we just have to wait. 12 months before we see something?

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
I received the confirmation letter last week November 18

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 26, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 26, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on October 30, 2013.

Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application has been in process since October 17 (6 weeks ago) and did not yet receive the acknowledgement letter. Anyone with same issue?
I'm thinking to contact them by next week in case I do not receive it this week.
Cheers!

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fromMontrealWithLove said:
My application has been in process since October 17 (6 weeks ago) and did not yet receive the acknowledgement letter. Anyone with same issue?
I'm thinking to contact them by next week in case I do not receive it this week.
Cheers!
If you are in Montreal as it seems from your user name, you should have had it by now. My application went into process same time as yours and i got my AOR almost a month ago.

Anyways, I will advise you not to contact them if you can see your status on e-cas. All you get is the booklet and a paper with the standard text with your name on it.

Download the booklet (latest) online. Having repeated inquires about your application might end up being detrimental.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Augusters,

Any updates on your application so far? Its been a while.

I guess within next two to three weeks either could or will happen

1. Pre-Test RQ request

2. Fingerprinting request

3. Transfer to Local office.....

When i called them last month, was told my file is in background check and will be transferred to local office...

Dont know, we will see ..and holiday season will only slow things down.

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
hey, saloo, have you finally got an ecas update?

Saloo said:
they receive my application on 16th of August but no ecase till now I don't know if I should be worried I call them (cic) on friday and they told me they told me that they are opening August 13th now , but some report here had contrary statement from forum members

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
jujuberanch said:
hey, saloo, have you finally got an ecas update?
Oh yeah they started the processing on Nov 6th but still I didn't got the acknowledge letter which I am not worry about as I can see my ecas.
Thanks for asking jujuberanch.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Augusters,

Any updates on your end??

Did anyone call CIC and ask about their status? Should we be seeing file transfers to local CIC office now??

by the way, my "received" line disappeared few weeks ago?

Should I be celebrating, meaning, does it mean my file has been transferred and i should be expecting my test date soon???

Thanks

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
Even my "received" line is no more there in my status. My file was still not transferred to local office two weeks back when I called them up. They started processing my application on 22nd Oct.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you know when did your received line disappear?

Was it there two weeks ago when you called them?