+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2012 PR Applications

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgel said:
I copied 5 out of 7 duties from HRDC website and i had already recieved medicals so it totally depends on the VO discreation.
Sorry ...

ahhhh....But you should have copied the duties,, not even 1...

anyways good luck ... Make sure you dont do any mistakes this time.

random123

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2014
Im zeroing in on something here, and i may be wrong. Just my opinion.

The refusal says that "...the duties listed on your confirmation of employment do not correspond to the lead statement of NOC.."

from http://www30.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/english/NOC/2006/Tutorial.aspx "....The lead statement provides a general description of the occupation and the boundaries of the unit group. It also indicates the kinds of industries, workplaces or establishments where the occupation is found.. Therefore, this is the statement you see just before the individual job responsibilities are listed. According to OB 521 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob521.asp, "...the applicant will need to demonstrate that they performed the actions in the lead statement, and performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description...".

It sounds like it is not enough just to have the duties match the ones listed on HRSDC, but your job should somehow also fit into the lead statement. So for the sake of example, lets take a lead statement from NOC 4122, :" Post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors, community college and CEGEP teachers and other faculty members in teaching and research activities at universities and colleges"...

lets say you submit a letter that matches the duties in that NOC but you claim to be a teaching assistant at an elementary school. This may create an anomaly because the lead statement states that people in this NOC are employed at Universities, Community Colleges, Cegeps etc..." . Therefore "red flags" come up, because teaching assistants are not usually employed at Elementary Schools. This may be a terrible example but i hope i am able to illustrate the point i am trying to make

It is just my opinion, and i am not saying i am correct, that perhaps something similar in your job description did not jive with the lead statement of your NOC
grilled said:
Got a refusal today...heart broken ...almost 5 years of my life wasted.....worked my ass off..paid taxes and in the end some dumb visa officer not satisfied...... Believe me all the job duties mentioned in my letter were accordance with NOC code....Worked hard at my job...got a raise.....here is copy of the letter i got .........How can he or she be so dumb....
Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx:
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:
knowledge of English or French,
Canadian skilled work experience,
Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).
Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada
I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement because the duties listed on your confirmation of employment do not correspond to the lead statement of NOC . For this reason, I am not satisfied you acquired the necessary work experience under this NOC codes to qualify under stream of the CEC.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Yours sincerely,

Case Officer
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

cgel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
19-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
05-04-2014
honeysingh said:
Sorry ...

ahhhh....But you should have copied the duties,, not even 1...

anyways good luck ... Make sure you dont do any mistakes this time.
What i meant that i did not encounter any problems by copying and pasting job duties. Because thats what i do at my job. My employer did not copy all of them but the ones which i actually do perform at work.

nicole1006

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Noc 1241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
grilled said:
Got a refusal today...heart broken ...almost 5 years of my life wasted.....worked my ass off..paid taxes and in the end some dumb visa officer not satisfied...... Believe me all the job duties mentioned in my letter were accordance with NOC code....Worked hard at my job...got a raise.....here is copy of the letter i got .........How can he or she be so dumb....
Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx:
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:
Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada
I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement because the duties listed on your confirmation of employment do not correspond to the lead statement of NOC . For this reason, I am not satisfied you acquired the necessary work experience under this NOC codes to qualify under stream of the CEC.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Yours sincerely,

Case Officer
Hey, do u mind sharing your main duties with us ? So we can give some suggestion... I am so worried now... No news u until now

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
grilled said:
They were rephrased. This is the thing with VO's. Some will not accept rephrased and some will not accept exact copy....so what we can do ....this is utter bull*censored word*......feeling disheartened....
So sorry to hear that, grilled. Can you share your timeline? At which point in the application was your case refused?

rshellym

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
grilled said:
Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx:

Yours sincerely,

Case Officer
grilled.....sorry to hear that. You can reapply but need to be careful of your reference letter this time. Like random123 pointed out, your work experience has to fit into the lead statement of your noc code. If you don't mind, could you tell us what kind of organization/institution you have worked for? Could you share the actual reference letter you used to apply for your pr under cec?

To be honest, I have never even thought about the lead statement of my noc. I was a butcher who worked for a butcher shop. Once random123's post came out, I got a bit scared of my situation and looked up the lead statement of my noc, which is 6331.
I now know I am safe, but I have to wonder how many potential applicants pay attention to the lead statements of their noc codes?

shah0076

Jun 7, 2012
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12,2014
AOR Received.
Aug 11,2014
File Transfer...
Aug 18,2014 turn to " in process" oct 14, 2014
Med's Request
upfront May 01,2014
Med's Done....
Apri 25, 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
Oct 14,2014
ramcm31 said:
Hi,

You received MR on June 11? or July 11th?
Dear,
June 11 i did my medical on july 09

rpslva

Aug 18, 2012
TORONTO, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
05-09-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
13-08-2012
Med's Request
11-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2013
LANDED..........
Waiting....
I got my passports back with VISA yesterday...I wish everyone here to reach this stage very soon...all the best!

ahm2307

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
rpslva said:
I got my passports back with VISA yesterday...I wish everyone here to reach this stage very soon...all the best!
We all hate you so much :p

I kid...congrats!

ahm2307

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
grilled said:
Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx:

Yours sincerely,

Case Officer
Ok, no time to get angry. Gather your documents, go to a lawyer, get your papers reviewed, and reapply.

What happened sucks and is grossly unfair (and might happen to all of us still waiting), but it happened, and now is the time to act. You did NOT waste 5 years of your life...you've gained valuable experience, and now you've hit a setback; nothing more. There is nothing to get angry over here...it will not help.

Look into how to bridge your work permit as well. The sooner you get on top of things, the more calm you will get.

All the best.

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Another August app got MR today on trackitt

Usver

Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 26 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 29 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 25 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
July 11 2013
Med's Done....
july 12 2013
Passport Req..
August 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 12 2013
LANDED..........
September 24 2013
hello forum members! Good news for me and my family today I received my MR after 10 months of long waiting.
its been really stressful to wait for so long but finally my MR were sent.
Don't be discourage and keep the faith that everything will work out OK.

pari_p

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usver said:
hello forum members! Good news for me and my family today I received my MR after 10 months of long waiting.
its been really stressful to wait for so long but finally my MR were sent.
Don't be discourage and keep the faith that everything will work out OK.
Congrats!!!
When did you send in the application, i mean the date?

Dilli

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
05-09-2012
Med's Request
Didnt come since advance Medicals
Med's Done....
Sep' 2012 (Advanced)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2013
LANDED..........
24-09-2013
pari_p said:
Congrats!!!
When did you send in the application, i mean the date?
As per his last posts, CIC received on Aug 29.

Usver

Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 26 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 29 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 25 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
July 11 2013
Med's Done....
july 12 2013
Passport Req..
August 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 12 2013
LANDED..........
September 24 2013
yes indeed my application was received in August 29 2012.
now we need to do medical Exams as soon as possible.