+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2011 applicants lets get the waiting game started :)

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
bdh said:
@ suki

But thanks for your suggestion but starting a new thread I don't think that would help us.

Cheers!!!
Oh, I wish I could help!

B

bdh

suki said:
Oh, I wish I could help!
@suki

Thanks anyway I wish you or someone else could too. I know we all need some type of support and I was just trying to find someway of easing the mental mind pressure. I wish everyone the best on all apps I am on the phone with them on hold and hope that maybe they will have some type of answer for us. i don't think anything will change but it is worth a try :)

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
bdh said:
I am so happy everyone is receiving good news!! Congrats everyone. My husband and I were wondering if anyone could tell us something. Like my husband said earlier in his comments that we sent our app on August 29 and they opened our file in November 7th. The agent told us we needed more information and a letter was sent to us we still haven't received it ::) Our question is has anyone had this experience where they say more info is needed but in fact it is our approval letter. Nothing is showing on Ecas other than our address and that the file was opened on November 7th. We sent a very strong case and not sure what other information they require, hopefully we will know something today if the letter comes but still very confused as to what is going on. Could anyone tell us something, this is so stressful and need some advise.

Thanks!!
I hope you get the letter soon... In mean time, you can go through checklist and see if you missed to fill in or submit anything? like option C? or any form?

B

bdh

@newdelhi2011

Hi thanks for your reply. I can tell you we checked that checklist so many times and the "Option C printout" was not a concern for them they said because we sent in the original "notice of assessment" with the application it was not needed. I am still on hold with them to find out why it is taking so long to receive that letter. We really hope that the letter does come today and we can finally figure out what it is they want. Well the agent just told us the letter has been sent and if we don't receive it in the next 3 weeks to call back and that they will re-issue another one ..ugh!!! But thank you again, I guess we will just sit tight, be patient and wait. :(

essex0227

Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th August 2011
File Transfer...
12th October 2011
Med's Request
Received 17th October 2011
Med's Done....
2nd August 2011
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
18th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th December 2011
LANDED..........
14th June 2012
Congrats to all the guys that have got approval, i have updated the sheet.
I hope the rest of the group get there approval letters this week.
If anything is missing on the sheet give me call lol :p

Rouge

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ---> NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Passport Req..
19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
Hey essex0227,
We were approved Nov. 4th! Please update sheet
Thanks

sanika

Oct 14, 2010
Hi guys,
@ bdh,we applied since aug3rd,we never got no response until we called the agent who said they mailed us a letter since sept6th requiring more information. We never got that letter so we never knew what was going on. I read somewhere when they ask you some infos, you must get back to them not later than 3months,but seriously,they need to consider mailing and emailing us because some of us don't get their mail and more you wait, time is just flying.and I wish they could train the agents better because most of them don't know what they are talking about.until now, we haven't received their mail. The agent said what paper they wanted but we will send it, we aren't sure if that's really what they required.

B

bdh

sanika said:
Hi guys,
@ bdh,we applied since aug3rd,we never got no response until we called the agent who said they mailed us a letter since sept6th requiring more information. We never got that letter so we never knew what was going on. I read somewhere when they ask you some infos, you must get back to them not later than 3months,but seriously,they need to consider mailing and emailing us because some of us don't get their mail and more you wait, time is just flying.and I wish they could train the agents better because most of them don't know what they are talking about.until now, we haven't received their mail. The agent said what paper they wanted but we will send it, we aren't sure if that's really what they required.
@sanika

Hi thanks for your response. we sent our app August 24th, they received it Aug 26, did not put it in the system until the 29th. They opened our file on Nov 7th and then said they sent the letter the same day. We only live an hour from Sauga and checked the mail today as expected no mail. How did you get the agent to tell you what paper they wanted because they told us they don't know what info they require from us. Still so confused as to what is they want. I just hope it is simple and we don't have to wait too much longer. Yes they should train their agents to be more direct and quit giving us misleading info and also I asked since I provided my email to the last week ( which was not on the forms at the time ) that they cannot re-issue our letter to call back in 3 weeks if we haven't received it. This is so damn frustrating and all these mind games are getting to be quite frustrating and nothing we can do!!

sanika

Oct 14, 2010
@ bdh,I have no idea how the agent ended up telling us which paper we needed to send because my husband is the one who makes the phone calls since I'm outside Canada.
its also frustrating to me,because you can't really trust what the agent is telling you...it sucks more to me that icant get to talk to them how I wish to, I'm just waiting for my husband and he's working,difficult for him to hold the line with them.I wish we could get a trv and apply from there coz many couples can't stand that distance,and I'm one of them.

B

bdh

sanika said:
@ bdh,I have no idea how the agent ended up telling us which paper we needed to send because my husband is the one who makes the phone calls since I'm outside Canada.
its also frustrating to me,because you can't really trust what the agent is telling you...it sucks more to me that icant get to talk to them how I wish to, I'm just waiting for my husband and he's working,difficult for him to hold the line with them.I wish we could get a trv and apply from there coz many couples can't stand that distance,and I'm one of them.
@ sanika

Thanks again for your response. Advice to all, DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING THEY TELL YOU!!!!! I figured I would take your advice and call them again to see if we could possibly get an answer as to what they were requesting from us. We were just told that there was NO LETTER sent to us and that some agents are not that qualified to work the system..go figure :mad: She told me that they are still verifying information on our file and there there is a note just stating that they are still verifying our information. So since we have informed them of our email it will get sent to us via: email .. like OMG please this is getting us so down now I am not sure how to respond to that, lets just say I had a rant and rage session and now calmed down.. :D

Indigo

Oct 22, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012 (COPR)
LANDED..........
22-01-2012
The news is good of course, bdh. No letter got missing and everything is still going according to plan.

But they could have saved you a lot of stress by getting it right upon your first phonecall. Apparently a less experienced/knowledgable agent thought "verifying information" meant that they sent you a letter to verify some information. It is probably supposed to be basic knowledge to know what "verifying information" means.

If all call center agents knew what they were saying/doing, people would call them less often. I think.

B

bdh

Indigo said:
The news is good of course, bdh. No letter got missing and everything is still going according to plan.

But they could have saved you a lot of stress by getting it right upon your first phonecall. Apparently a less experienced/knowledgable agent thought "verifying information" meant that they sent you a letter to verify some information. It is probably supposed to be basic knowledge to know what "verifying information" means.

If all call center agents knew what they were saying/doing, people would call them less often. I think.
@Indigo

Yes you are right, I think if they read the notes accordingly things would not get mixed up in words. What could possibly be the hold up on our app..we sent everything, all documents and fees, and some are getting approval within a couple of days after opening their file? It has been a week since we were told that they were "verifying information" on ours. I can't see how some only takes a day or so and ours is taking this long ::)

B

bdh

One question. if they say there was a letter sent and then only to find out one wasn't sent and then they say still verifying info, and it is still the same since the file was opened a week ago. Is this a good sign? ::)

familyguy33

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Passport Req..
21-12-2011
@bdh

I called again today just to confirm if an email or postal mail was sent to me, they said its email but I haven't received anything so they said they'll resend it again. Also I asked them if they could see what the email was about, they said firsts just states that first stage was approved, it was good to hear but at the same time I want to see the email to really feel relieved.

I hope we got our emails or postal mails soon!

B

bdh

familyguy33 said:
@ bdh

I called again today just to confirm if an email or postal mail was sent to me, they said its email but I haven't received anything so they said they'll resend it again. Also I asked them if they could see what the email was about, they said firsts just states that first stage was approved, it was good to hear but at the same time I want to see the email to really feel relieved.

I hope we got our emails or postal mails soon!
@familyguy33

Hey thanks, and congratulations on your approval. I am not sure either way what is happening, like I mentioned many times, my husband and I are getting really crazy, for the truth should not be hard to tell. We were told for a week a letter was coming, and to find one wasn't sent at all. The app has been opened for a week. Still verifying info. Like seriously a week to verify. my GOD this frustrating. I asked why we were told all week there was a letter coming , she told me there are less "experienced " agents that do not know how to read the system. ::) So now I just hope that is is a good sign for us and that we too will hear something soon.

Again congrats on your approval that is awesome news!!! :D