+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** - AUG 2023 AOR ******

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
FSW - Outland AOR Aug 11, Waiting for BIL. Dont know why it is taking so long.
Some people get very delayed BIL for sure. There are members who had to wait more than 3-4 months to get their BIL too. There's no reason behind it from what we know, just sharing that it can happen very randomly.

Reactions: ndoan95

Olivia7

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
I don't understand why they perform the background check multiple times, especially for inland applicants. I understand that an outland applicant needs to undergo a background check the first time, but for inland applicants like myself, who have visited Canada multiple times, it seems unnecessary. For instance, this is my third visit to Canada (Now PR applicant), and they have conducted a background check each time.
PS: My last background check was 5 months ago o_Oo_O

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I don't understand why they perform the background check multiple times, especially for inland applicants. I understand that an outland applicant needs to undergo a background check the first time, but for inland applicants like myself, who have visited Canada multiple times, it seems unnecessary. For instance, this is my third visit to Canada (Now PR applicant), and they have conducted a background check each time.
PS: My last background check was 5 months ago o_Oo_O
You will have another background check coming your way when you apply for citizenship :D

• Haha
Reactions: RoN1DoN and shawn.s

Ziaul Islam

Jul 23, 2023
Category........
PNP
Hi There,
Please suggest to me the size of the picture to be submitted along with the passport, According to the VFS website picture should be 35 mm X 45 mm whereas according to 5445eb-e picture should be 50mm X 70 mm which is a Bit confusing. looking for your input.

TIA

@iSaidGoodDay

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi There,
Please suggest to me the size of the picture to be submitted along with the passport, According to the VFS website picture should be 35 mm X 45 mm whereas according to 5445eb-e picture should be 50mm X 70 mm which is a Bit confusing. looking for your input.

TIA

@iSaidGoodDay
I'm assuming you are asking in context of PPR/RFV. Use what the RFV email/PPR letter says so.

Mine said:
  • 50 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head)

And, hence I used 50 mm x 70 mm.

Olivia7

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
AOR July 14
July 26 Medical completed
July 27 Eligibility completed
Background & Biometrics In Progress
No biometrics letter since July 27. Does the background check wait for biometrics to be completed?

shawn.s

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
AOR July 14
No biometrics letter since July 27. Does the background check wait for biometrics to be completed?
Yes. There are three parts to BGC and as other senior members have posted on this forum, at least one - if not all - of them needs your Biometrics data to clear.

Olivia7

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Yes. There are three parts to BGC and as other senior members have posted on this forum, at least one - if not all - of them needs your Biometrics data to clear.
Indeed, that's what I thought. I'm currently stuck in the biometrics process. I submitted a webform a month ago, and their response was, "We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office." However, my tracker now only shows: "Aug 31, 2023: We received your inquiry," with no further updates since then.

Mann Sandhu

Star Member
May 27, 2018
AOR July 14
atleast you got some updates my uci still starts with can****