+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aug 2021 SDS applicants please gather

miamitiger

Aug 18, 2021
Nonsense. This news is from a content creator. Do not bother.
Check the latest webform reply from IRCC, they said they are pulling resources to deal with the Afghanistan crisis and will be delayed answering most of the enquiries(non-emergency), it is their official replay. So i guess it will take much longer for my visa to get approved (I submit on Aug 12th)

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Yes, elections could be a trigger but I read that it will not change the immigration program. Canada needs lot of immigrants to keep it running. Who knows, its crazy time, so always expect the worst.
If democrats win then expect a overhaul to the immigration system. They obviously wont shut it down considering they were the ones to start the express entry program but there will be changes. Right now the process is very vulnerable and anyone with a masters and under 30 and a good IELTS score can get invited to apply for PR. What I read was they will start focusing on the NOC requirement and not just overall scores as many people end up doing menial jobs, get the passport and move to lets say middle east to make much more money. This defeats the whole purpose of immigration.

Reactions: alfakido

FahadSINP

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Hmm...I thought all SDS are processed in Ottawa, CN. That is what I read. Someone else please confirm.
I am an Indian SDS applicant and my file is in Edmonton.

I called IRCC last Friday and had to beg on my knees to get this very basic information from them. However, my other questions to them such as eligibility pass were not answered. They told me they are taking only high priority Afghanistan related calls.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
If democrats win then expect a overhaul to the immigration system. They obviously wont shut it down considering they were the ones to start the express entry program but there will be changes. Right now the process is very vulnerable and anyone with a masters and under 30 and a good IELTS score can get invited to apply for PR. What I read was they will start focusing on the NOC requirement and not just overall scores as many people end up doing menial jobs, get the passport and move to lets say middle east to make much more money. This defeats the whole purpose of immigration.
Actually, I heard in one of the youtube videos that it was started by conservatives before JT won. About the immigrants not getting job, that is not what I hear and read. I dont think that majority of them end up working menial jobs. Thats highly questionable. I have personally talked to people who are there and they have told me to come to Canada for a better life and you will get it. Some of them may not get what they want and it happens everywhere. And Canada needs immigrants to pay taxes and create businesses. They cannot stop it, there are only 37 million people there. Look at the land and the potential it has. They are already looking for NOCs while you apply for express entry its just based on points and its pretty decent if you ask me. Any immigration policy is not perfect but I find this one to be decent. I am confident that they wont make a mess out of it after the elections.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Actually, I heard in one of the youtube videos that it was started by conservatives before JT won. About the immigrants not getting job, that is not what I hear and read. I dont think that majority of them end up working menial jobs. Thats highly questionable. I have personally talked to people who are there and they have told me to come to Canada for a better life and you will get it. Some of them may not get what they want and it happens everywhere. And Canada needs immigrants to pay taxes and create businesses. They cannot stop it, there are only 37 million people there. Look at the land and the potential it has. They are already looking for NOCs while you apply for express entry its just based on points and its pretty decent if you ask me. Any immigration policy is not perfect but I find this one to be decent. I am confident that they wont make a mess out of it after the elections.
''Better life'' I believe is very subjective and depends from person to person. Lot of people right now are in high income bracket & live in very affluent areas where they can get whatever they want. Especially nannies, house help, access to clean water and electricity 24/7, etc. Now for this person, moving to Canada may not exactly translate to better life if he/she chooses to live the same life they had back home. The cost of house help, nannies is a lot when compared to 3rd world countries. Taxes are heavy. Housing is expensive and way more. So even if the person makes exactly same salary in Canada, he would be expected to cut down on a lot of things.

Now for a person who falls in middle class and lower bracket, this will definitely be life changing in terms of overall quality of life, access to better products, services, quality education, decent housing, etc.

Now for me, I have lived abroad in developed countries most of my life but unfortunately most countries don't have a PR program especially for people coming from certain countries so you end up renewing your work permit forever. I wish to move to Canada to eliminate that instability and I really look forward to inculcate the Canadian culture, invest in that country and at some point even look to start my own business. I truly believe if the country is giving me this opportunity, I should give it back as much as I can as well.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
''Better life'' I believe is very subjective and depends from person to person. Lot of people right now are in high income bracket & live in very affluent areas where they can get whatever they want. Especially nannies, house help, access to clean water and electricity 24/7, etc. Now for this person, moving to Canada may not exactly translate to better life if he/she chooses to live the same life they had back home. The cost of house help, nannies is a lot when compared to 3rd world countries. Taxes are heavy. Housing is expensive and way more. So even if the person makes exactly same salary in Canada, he would be expected to cut down on a lot of things.

Now for a person who falls in middle class and lower bracket, this will definitely be life changing in terms of overall quality of life, access to better products, services, quality education, decent housing, etc.

Now for me, I have lived abroad in developed countries most of my life but unfortunately most countries don't have a PR program especially for people coming from certain countries so you end up renewing your work permit forever. I wish to move to Canada to eliminate that instability and I really look forward to inculcate the Canadian culture, invest in that country and at some point even look to start my own business. I truly believe if the country is giving me this opportunity, I should give it back as much as I can as well.
Totally agree about the nannies and house help. Those are high end in developed countries and in my opinion we can live a decent life without them. The other supporting systems help you there. In my opinion its not just about making more money, for me its comfortable living with better standard of living. And I dont think the salary will be same, it cant be. You have to grow and it will also grow, we need to earn more, then there is no point in being in Canada. Initial struggles will be there but it will get better I believe. But who knows, it could go south anytime. In India we can have a decent life but its not upto the mark for the taxes we pay. There are too many opportunity costs, I am hoping to remove those costs. Lets see where it goes.
I have friends in US and they tell me about the visa issues. Its so absurd, anytime you could become illegal immigrant there. Canada PR system solves that problem. Thats where I think Canada will take advantage in coming years if they are smart otherwise Canada cannot grow to be like US in terms of economy.
I am also thinking about business in Canada! But first need to get this SP :)

Reactions: alfakido