+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aug 2020 PPR - Sending Spouse and my passport for PPR in different countries

samramandy

Aug 10, 2020
Hi All,

Need your inputs on below.

My wife and I got our PPR on Aug 10, 2020. AOR was March, 2019. Earlier both of us were living together in US, but her visa expired and she had to move back to India. I am still living in US. Does this mean that she will have to send her passport to the Visa Office back in India and I will have to send it to Canada? And also, have the Canadian Visa Offices in India started operating yet or not?
We have already written them an email, but their response might take some time, so wanted to reach out to you all.

I know this is an unprecedented situation, however, would really appreciate inputs if anyone has gone through something similar as in PPR in July or Aug of 2020 and spouses located in two separate countries one of which is not Canada.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Mandeep

samramandy

Aug 10, 2020
Also, I just wanted to mention that they have mentioned in the PPR that we have 30 days to send our passports. How will it pan out if my wife is in India and if the Canada Visa Offices in India are not operational yet?

Tayo01

Aug 21, 2019
i have an almost similar question. I am just about to submit my APR but hubby and I stay in different countries. Is it possible we get our medicals done in the countries we reside? Or it has to be done together in a country.
Please advise. I am new here. Thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi All,

Need your inputs on below.

My wife and I got our PPR on Aug 10, 2020. AOR was March, 2019. Earlier both of us were living together in US, but her visa expired and she had to move back to India. I am still living in US. Does this mean that she will have to send her passport to the Visa Office back in India and I will have to send it to Canada? And also, have the Canadian Visa Offices in India started operating yet or not?
We have already written them an email, but their response might take some time, so wanted to reach out to you all.

I know this is an unprecedented situation, however, would really appreciate inputs if anyone has gone through something similar as in PPR in July or Aug of 2020 and spouses located in two separate countries one of which is not Canada.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Mandeep
Also, I just wanted to mention that they have mentioned in the PPR that we have 30 days to send our passports. How will it pan out if my wife is in India and if the Canada Visa Offices in India are not operational yet?
@legalfalcon can you pls advise on this. Thanks

IRCC instructions clearly mention that when any individual in the application changes their country of residence, you should inform IRCC.

In the current scenario, since you have sent a webform, wait for a response. Currently wants all family members to move to Canada and land together. Given that VFS in India are closed, your wife may not be able to get a visa, and if your re willing to land, given that you are the primary applicant, you can inform IRCC and you maybe allowed to land and issued a COPR.