+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Attestation Letter Saga

izabeth25

Apr 17, 2024
Hellos, Please I am at the point of re-applying for student visa for the second time after being denied once. but the new policy stated that the school is to give an Attestation Letter. It is a document to be attached to one's visa application. On contacting my school, Evergreen College, Ontario, they said that because my course is a long term course, I wont be needing an attestation letter except I switch to a short term course or I seek for a refund. And if I do, $1000 dollars will be deducted from the fees I had paid. Please who else is experiencing this? And what did you do?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hellos, Please I am at the point of re-applying for student visa for the second time after being denied once. but the new policy stated that the school is to give an Attestation Letter. It is a document to be attached to one's visa application. On contacting my school, Evergreen College, Ontario, they said that because my course is a long term course, I wont be needing an attestation letter except I switch to a short term course or I seek for a refund. And if I do, $1000 dollars will be deducted from the fees I had paid. Please who else is experiencing this? And what did you do?
Check the DLI list, Evergreen College does not have PGWP qualified program:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

Reactions: izabeth25

izabeth25

Apr 17, 2024
Yes. I am so much aware of that. I am being forced to make a switch from the course to a short term course or withdraw from the school. But they want to charge me $1000 from the fees I had paid. This is where I am having issues with them.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes. I am so much aware of that. I am being forced to make a switch from the course to a short term course or withdraw from the school. But they want to charge me $1000 from the fees I had paid. This is where I am having issues with them.
So get admission to a public DLI and forget about Evergreen.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My withdrawal is not voluntary. They are requesting I switch to a short term course or I withdraw. How is withdrawing my fault?
Not saying it is your fault but you are dealing with a private, for-profit college. Most deposits are non refundable. What does their refund policy say? Does it say that you will not get $1k deposit back if you withdraw? If so, you agreed to it when you registered.

izabeth25

Apr 17, 2024
Not saying it is your fault but you are dealing with a private, for-profit college. Most deposits are non refundable. What does their refund policy say? Does it say that you will not get $1k deposit back if you withdraw? If so, you agreed to it when you registered.
I did agree to it but if there should be an exception to this case. I was offer a two year admission but I am being asked to make a switch to a short term program due to their inability to get an attestation letter. I will request for the refund. Thank you.

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
I did agree to it but if there should be an exception to this case. I was offer a two year admission but I am being asked to make a switch to a short term program due to their inability to get an attestation letter. I will request for the refund. Thank you.
You could try to escalate your case to their senior management. Not all colleges will have management that will listen to show any kind of understanding, but could present your case since you paid your tuition fee based on the situation that you would be able to apply for the program. The fact that the new rules impact them is not your fault (they can argue it is not their fault either) so try to get them to reduce it if not waive it. GIving you the option of changing to a shorter program is not what you wanted or why you had applied in the first place.

You can push this as far as you want to, but I would certainly try to take it up with their upper management directly. Sometimes institutions don't try to make any concessions when they can unless you ask.

Reactions: izabeth25

izabeth25

Apr 17, 2024
You could try to escalate your case to their senior management. Not all colleges will have management that will listen to show any kind of understanding, but could present your case since you paid your tuition fee based on the situation that you would be able to apply for the program. The fact that the new rules impact them is not your fault (they can argue it is not their fault either) so try to get them to reduce it if not waive it. GIving you the option of changing to a shorter program is not what you wanted or why you had applied in the first place.

You can push this as far as you want to, but I would certainly try to take it up with their upper management directly. Sometimes institutions don't try to make any concessions when they can unless you ask.
Thank you so much. I will escalate it. Thank you.