+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic immigration program

KENGAM

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
My self completed Master degree in IT field as a International Student @ Newfoundland and presently staying in this province ( around12 months) , after my two years master degree completion. overall I stayed this province is around 3 years.

And I got a job offer from Halifax company related to IT field. Based on job offer ( work from home) I have been working from Newfoundland only.

From my friends, I heard that I am eligible to raise PR w.r.t Atlantic immigration program.

Kindly suggest any one from this group, whether I am eligible or not ? how to process my PR.

Advance thanks for your valuable response.

regards
Kengam

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My self completed Master degree in IT field as a International Student @ Newfoundland and presently staying in this province ( around12 months) , after my two years master degree completion. overall I stayed this province is around 3 years.

And I got a job offer from Halifax company related to IT field. Based on job offer ( work from home) I have been working from Newfoundland only.

From my friends, I heard that I am eligible to raise PR w.r.t Atlantic immigration program.

Kindly suggest any one from this group, whether I am eligible or not ? how to process my PR.

regards
Kengam
Job offer must be with designated employer. If the company has been approved as a designated employer (can’t find any employees in the region) then you may be eligible. Not sure a remote position would be eligible. Read AIPP requirements.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

regards
Kengam
Check your eligibility(designated employer) and next steps here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration/how-to-immigrate/eligibility.html

KENGAM

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Job offer must be with designated employer. If the company has been approved as a designated employer (can’t find any employees in the region) then you may be eligible. Not sure a remote position would be eligible. Read AIPP requirements.
thanks for your response,
I have gone through the AIPP requirements, there it indicated that " post-secondary Studies ( 2yr) @ Atlantic provinces are eligible to raise PR through AIP, and they don't need work experience" . Can you please conform my understand is correct or not?

KENGAM

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
I have checked the eligibility criteria, same has been attached below, it clearly shows that no need of work experience, is it my understand is correct?
My institute is recognizes and listed in Atlantic provinces.
International graduates
You do not need to meet the work experience requirements if you’re an international graduate who

• has a degree, diploma, certificate, or trade or apprenticeship certification that
  • was a full-time student for the entire time you were studying
  • lived in one of the following provinces for at least 16 months during the last 2 years before you graduated
    • New Brunswick
    • Nova Scotia
    • Newfoundland and Labrador or
    • Prince Edward Island
  • had the visa or permit you needed to work, study or get training while you were in Canada

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thanks for your response,
I have gone through the AIPP requirements, there it indicated that " post-secondary Studies ( 2yr) @ Atlantic provinces are eligible to raise PR through AIP, and they don't need work experience" . Can you please conform my understand is correct or not?
Not talking about you, but the employer. Your employer must be designated and the job offer must meet certain requirements. Is your employer designated? If not, you are not eligible for AIPP. Also, your employer must be designated in the province where you are working remotely. If you are working in NFLD and NS, the employer must be designated in those provinces.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration/hire-immigrant/get-designated.html