+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATLANTIC IMMIGRATION PROGRAM

Vision-Air

Star Member
May 27, 2023
A friend of mine who has applied for AIP was arrested for possession of magic mashroom and under cannabis influence. How much does it effect the immigration process?
If he was arrested then he committed a crime therefore he can’t abide to the law. I hope he doesn’t make it. He is not a good asset for Canada.

Under Canada’s immigration law, if you have committed or been convicted of a crime, you may not be allowed into Canada. In other words, you may be “criminally inadmissible.”

This includes both minor and serious crimes, such as:

theft,
assault,
manslaughter,
dangerous driving,
driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and
possession of or trafficking in drugs or controlled substances.

• Wow
Reactions: CampbellR

x2021gui

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
I lived in PEI. I am quite lucky to share.
My employer submitted my application for endorsement on Nov 9, 2023. She forwarded what she received from the province, so I'm pretty sure she submitted without bluffing or lying. I got my endorsement on December 27, 2023, but due to the public holidays, my HR is on leave. I received it in the first week of Jan 2024.
I already gathered all the documents (the clearance report) when my employer submitted for endorsement. So, I have everything with me before the endorsement.
Therefore, after I reviewed, I submitted my PR application on January 10, 2024, and just got my AOR and biometrics letter yesterday (February 21, 2024).
can we all make a group ?? from jan files.

Bisukusu

Feb 18, 2024
Anyone in this group you had recently applied for AIP provincial endorsement on INB portal. If so could you let me know after how many you days you received endorsement certificate (decision) after submitting application? It’s been a month I submitted application and there are no updates yet.
Please reply

Bisukusu

Feb 18, 2024
I got invitation to apply on October 23,2023, and I submitted the application same day and got endorsement on November 8,2023.