+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATLANTIC IMMIGRATION PROGRAM

wings149

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022
Can you please explain what does it mean linking GC key to the application ?

Thanks
When you’ve submitted your PR application and are given your AOR, to get regular updates on the progress of your application, you should open up a CIC account by GCKey. This is very quick and easy to do. Once this is set up, you can then link your application to this account (you tube how) by using the details on your AOR. You will then get regular updates on your application.
unfortunately it seems that those who have applied for AIP have not yet been able to link (add) their application to the CIC GCKey account I mentioned earlier.
hope this helps.

Reactions: Ennoo

pkjoshi

Star Member
Feb 26, 2012
Dear all, a quick question. How many days IRCC is taking for AOR? Last month they returned my application due to the lack of a birth certificate. Now I am planning to re-submit but my language score is expiring in the next 2 months. I am a bit confused if they acknowledge the application within 2 months or should I retake the exam and then apply? what if it expires before AOR? do they return the entire application or ask for a new score?

wings149

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022
Dear all, a quick question. How many days IRCC is taking for AOR? Last month they returned my application due to the lack of a birth certificate. Now I am planning to re-submit but my language score is expiring in the next 2 months. I am a bit confused if they acknowledge the application within 2 months or should I retake the exam and then apply? what if it expires before AOR? do they return the entire application or ask for a new score?
My AOR took about 65 days. When you get your AOR they take it from the time you submitted you application. So as long as your documents are valid at the point of submission they should be fine with it. I would suggest you re-submit your application ASAP but make sure it’s 100% correct. If it’s not and they take 2 months to send it back to you, then it will have expired if you need to re-submit after that.

pkjoshi

Star Member
Feb 26, 2012
My AOR took about 65 days. When you get your AOR they take it from the time you submitted you application. So as long as your documents are valid at the point of submission they should be fine with it. I would suggest you re-submit your application ASAP but make sure it’s 100% correct. If it’s not and they take 2 months to send it back to you, then it will have expired if you need to re-submit after that.
I was preparing the application again. Do we need to create new application or can we re-submit the same what they have returned. Another thing, I see some of the documents are of new version. Also, signature on the IMM0157(offer of employment) are old. For IMM0157 we cannot re sign as this form is already with province for securing the nomination and any change may take many months to go through the cycle again. Processes are meant for ease but IRCC's process are pathetic. Any thought on this?

wings149

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022
I was preparing the application again. Do we need to create new application or can we re-submit the same what they have returned. Another thing, I see some of the documents are of new version. Also, signature on the IMM0157(offer of employment) are old. For IMM0157 we cannot re sign as this form is already with province for securing the nomination and any change may take many months to go through the cycle again. Processes are meant for ease but IRCC's process are pathetic. Any thought on this?
Sorry I wouldn’t like to comment as I didn’t need to re-submit my application so I don’t know the process. Regarding the forms, I completed them in June along with sooooo many other forms I cannot remember. Hopefully someone else may come along who can advise more.

Five555

Jun 13, 2022
You can just upload the missing file to your returned application and submit it again. Check if you have everything uploaded before you do that. I'm not sure about the form though.

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Hi guys, just wanted to give an update and also share my opinion. Last week I got the medical request and also the Request to Resubmit a form. I wrote NA on military services but should have written NONE. Anyway. I did the medical and submitted the form. On the instructions, it says:
1. Submit your documents via your IRCC secure account at:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
Note: if you applied via the IRCC Portal, you cannot use this option.

So, my understanding is that we will not have the option to link the application to an online account anytime soon. To check the status and double check they got my form (which I sent by replying to the email), I must call and use the auto status system. So, we should not be worried about linking or tracking online.

wings149

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022
Hi guys, just wanted to give an update and also share my opinion. Last week I got the medical request and also the Request to Resubmit a form. I wrote NA on military services but should have written NONE. Anyway. I did the medical and submitted the form. On the instructions, it says:
1. Submit your documents via your IRCC secure account at:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
Note: if you applied via the IRCC Portal, you cannot use this option.

So, my understanding is that we will not have the option to link the application to an online account anytime soon. To check the status and double check they got my form (which I sent by replying to the email), I must call and use the auto status system. So, we should not be worried about linking or tracking online.
Hi, Thank you so much for the update. That’s amazing. So pleased your got your medical request through. Not ideal the way they’re not linking the application but at least it now seems to be moving. Please can I ask when you applied and got your AOR? I applied at the end of June and AOR early August. Just wondering how far behind you I am.
Thanks again for sharing appreciate that.

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Hi, Thank you so much for the update. That’s amazing. So pleased your got your medical request through. Not ideal the way they’re not linking the application but at least it now seems to be moving. Please can I ask when you applied and got your AOR? I applied at the end of June and AOR early August. Just wondering how far behind you I am.
Thanks again for sharing appreciate that.
I applied on June 19 online, got AOR on Sep 02, and Medical on Nov 02. If you have done medical on the past 5 years, IRCC is given an exemption for medical. I got a request for myself, spouse and child at the same time.

Reactions: Ennoo and wings149

wings149

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022
I applied on June 19 online, got AOR on Sep 02, and Medical on Nov 02. If you have done medical on the past 5 years, IRCC is given an exemption for medical. I got a request for myself, spouse and child at the same time.
Thank you that’s actually really helpful. So we should receive ours anytime now then hopefully. My wife had to do an upfront medical as part of her work visa which will also be fine for her AIP application as she is a Nurse but the rest of us are still waiting to be called. Thanks so much for sharing.

Reactions: AnaCamp

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Thank you that’s actually really helpful. So we should receive ours anytime now then hopefully. My wife had to do an upfront medical as part of her work visa which will also be fine for her AIP application as she is a Nurse but the rest of us are still waiting to be called. Thanks so much for sharing.
Yes, you should hear an update soon. Keep an eye on your junk folder. Has the review of your or your wife's background check started yet?

Reactions: wings149

wings149

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022
Yes, you should hear an update soon. Keep an eye on your junk folder. Has the review of your or your wife's background check started yet?
Hopefully. No, apart from the AOR, I’ve heard nothing since. Good idea. I will keep an eye out in junk too, just in case. We are still in the UK.

Reactions: AnaCamp