+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic Immigration Pilot Programme (AIPP)

GoDz85

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I also worry about my husband PR application status. Please see the details as follows:

Sent PR file: 19 July 19
AOR: 21 Aug 19
Passed medical: 21 Aug 19
Done Biometric: 27 Aug 19
Pre-Arrival Letter: 05 Sep 19
100% completed 19 Jan 20
Until now, we don"t receive any more information from IRCC & Application status is only:
" Your application is taking us longer than
usual to process. About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer to things like how easily we can verify
information, how well and how quickly you
answer our requests and whether the
application is complete". It's stressful with waiting. Anyone same time with me?
Wow that is taking a long time. Im still waiting for Pre-Arrival and my application in 80% with 35 days remaining.
Guessing they are all so busy with all the new immigration streams being used now.

ADANAC89

Feb 14, 2020
Sorry if this questions been asked before. Has anyone successfully immigrated through AIPP between 2018 and 2020 without applying for a work permit first.(Outland applicant) If so could you please share your timeline from AOR to PPR. From what I can gather most people are waiting longer then their estimated time of completion through this program. About 8-9months. Please correct me if I’m mistaken. Thanks

GoDz85

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Sorry if this questions been asked before. Has anyone successfully immigrated through AIPP between 2018 and 2020 without applying for a work permit first.(Outland applicant) If so could you please share your timeline from AOR to PPR. From what I can gather most people are waiting longer then their estimated time of completion through this program. About 8-9months. Please correct me if I’m mistaken. Thanks
I feel the same but I know of someone who got PPR at 94% completion and that was at the end of Feb 2020. She is an outland applicant.
Think it also depends on the work load at the visa office. You might find that the review officer who is in charge of your application is just plain lazy. Unfortunately we have to sit, wait and be patient. All in Gods hands

Ceciliange

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Hi everyone,
Is a return flight ticket necessary when going to Canada on a AIPP work permit?
I have finally received on (now I'll apply for permanent residency)
When my sister left to Canada (18years ago) she was requested to have a return ticket. She went as post secondary student (Masters Degree)
Hope you can help me with an answer.
Thanks!

Jsnep

Mar 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I've been reading all your posts and thank you all who contribute their experiences to guide others as well. Now it's my turn to share my timeline from start to finish. It took a total of exactly 3 months waiting.

Aipp High skilled-NL inland
PR-Complete Application sent - December 5, 2019
CIC NS office Received application - December 9, 2019
AOR - January 8, 2020
Medical (up-front) passed- Jan 24, 2020
Biometric letter request - January January 24, 2020
Biometric done - January 28, 2020
Linked application online - Jan 31, 2020
Pre Arrival letter - Feb. 27, 2020
Received email for Interview- Feb. 28, 2020
Interview/ signed COPR - today March 5, 2020. Officer said, Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident, yey!

Just to let everyone know, my online application estimated processing bar still shows 48% complete.

Hope this gives you an idea. Thank you all.

User-can

Mar 4, 2020
Here is my experience
Inland AIPP high skills category. Province NS

File recieved at Sydney- SEP 18
AOR-OCT 17
Application linked to online account-OCT 17
Medical request -OCT 21
Medical Done-OCT 29
Biometeic fee refunded by CIC-NOV 1( I did my biometrics for my OWP and are still valid till 2027)
Medical submitted to cic by the panel physician-NOV 15
Medical passed NOV-19

I called cic in January but didn't get anything positive.
Ghost Update FEB-12
Pre-arrival FEB-13
Landing interview invitation FEB-26
COPR right after the interview MAR-3

If you are wondering about the application taking too long, these factors might help you to understand the reason.
1. Amount of applications- Sydney is dealing with a large number of applications than ever before.
2. New year and Christmas fell on Wednesdays this time. So Christmas eve, new year's eve, boxing day and January 1st are official holidays. Most probably these 2 weeks went pass without much done.
3. Weather. There were major snow storms in almost every week during this winter in Atlantic region which results in definite closure of government offices.
These factors could lead to processing times dragging from 2 to 3 weeks.
This is just a thought I could be wrong anyways
Good luck for those who are waiting for endorsements and PRs:):)

Reactions: ADANAC89

ADANAC89

Feb 14, 2020
I feel the same but I know of someone who got PPR at 94% completion and that was at the end of Feb 2020. She is an outland applicant.
Think it also depends on the work load at the visa office. You might find that the review officer who is in charge of your application is just plain lazy. Unfortunately we have to sit, wait and be patient. All in Gods hands
Yip I agree. Have patients and pray is all we can do. Hopefully we get some answers soon.

Reactions: Aulakh1313

mari.kmedeiros

May 5, 2019
I didn't have one when I came with my WP and they didn't ask for it at any point.

I believe they understand you'll be applying for PR soon (I actually told the immigration officer that I would be applying and he told me that I could even extend my WP if it took longer than usual), so they don't see the need for a return ticket.

Hi everyone,
Is a return flight ticket necessary when going to Canada on a AIPP work permit?
I have finally received on (now I'll apply for permanent residency)
When my sister left to Canada (18years ago) she was requested to have a return ticket. She went as post secondary student (Masters Degree)
Hope you can help me with an answer.
Thanks!

rodrigoprotta

Feb 28, 2020
Hello folks. I just linked my application with my online IRCC account and would like to share my timeline.

I am in Nova Scotia

Job offer Sep 30th 2019
Endorsement delivered Oct 3rd 2019
Endorsement approved Jan 7th 2020
PR delivered at CIO Sydney Jan 14th 2020
Work permit delivered at NYC VAC Jan 28th 2020
Work permit start processing at IRCC Jan 29th 2020
Work permit linked Feb 26th 2020 (no updates so far)
PR AOR Mar 5th 2020 (linked to my account today) 51 days from delivery

When I checked processing time for WP it said 3 weeks in New York, but it's been already 5 weeks and no answer. Everything is a bit slower this year, don't loose your faith! The Lord bless you all!

Reactions: GoDz85

Mak_cwb

Jun 9, 2014
Hello folks. I just linked my application with my online IRCC account and would like to share my timeline.

I am in Nova Scotia

Job offer Sep 30th 2019
Endorsement delivered Oct 3rd 2019
Endorsement approved Jan 7th 2020
PR delivered at CIO Sydney Jan 14th 2020
Work permit delivered at NYC VAC Jan 28th 2020
Work permit start processing at IRCC Jan 29th 2020
Work permit linked Feb 26th 2020 (no updates so far)
PR AOR Mar 5th 2020 (linked to my account today) 51 days from delivery

When I checked processing time for WP it said 3 weeks in New York, but it's been already 5 weeks and no answer. Everything is a bit slower this year, don't loose your faith! The Lord bless you all!
Hi bro, have you applied inside or outside, I"ve applied for endorsement last February , inland applicant for Nova Scotia, currently living in British Columbia on a worker permit, hoping to get it soon

Mak_cwb

Jun 9, 2014
Hi guys, just sharing my timeline to all...

Nova Scotia applicant from British Columbia

Job offer Jan,30
Settlement plan done Feb, 5
Employer registration certificate February, 12
Endorsement application February, 24

Currently waiting for AOR...

any update I'll posting here

Cheers folks...

rodrigoprotta

Feb 28, 2020
Hi bro, have you applied inside or outside, I"ve applied for endorsement last February , inland applicant for Nova Scotia, currently living in British Columbia on a worker permit, hoping to get it soon
Hey buddy, I am living in NS at the moment, applied from inside Canada. Hope you get your AOR soon.

Reactions: Mak_cwb

rodrigoprotta

Feb 28, 2020
Have any of you done the medical exam and biometrics by PR application and just attached to the application? I am wondering if they will really use my medical exam which expires April 30 this year. I gave biometrics December 9th 2019 and after I got AOR Mar 5th I received an email asking to pay fees for biometrics on Mar 6th. I wanna believe it's an automated system that have generated this email. I sent my proof of payment, confirmation and number of my biometrics.

Inderjeet waraich

Dec 26, 2018
Hi everyone I sent my pr application received in nov 6 , they sent back because I didn’t send my original ielts . I send again and it received on jan 16 . Till now no any update.
Hi everyone I got my AOR yesterday March 6 and today I got my biometric letter . Does anyone get medical , who apply in jan 2020 . I wonder when ll they send medical