+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic Immigration Pilot Programme (AIPP)

Connectuae

Sep 20, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai
Hello everyone.
So I have received my NB endorsement last month and I will be applying for PR under
Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program.
I am already in Canada and been working two jobs. I will meet the 1560 hours required next month.
I am 29 weeks pregnant and will be on maternity leave with my employers starting August 23rd. My question is, Can I still apply for the PR even on leave from my work?
Please if anyone has been in this situation let me know.
Thank you
You should have 1560 hours(12months) experience gained during last 3 years before IRCC receives your application. In your application don’t forget to declare that your application as a refugee was refused. As this is the golden chance for you too. Once you have 1560 hrs of qualifying work exp then you may take leave as long as you are able to prove your work exp to IRCC via paystubs,job letter etc

Frankrobben1

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
My timeline is in my signature. Just the PPR is not there which is July 2nd 2019. I got my Pre-Arrival along with the medical request on 21st March.
Thanks for sharing. Please does Pre-arrival letter indicate a positive sign? I received my AOR on June 26th, BIL and Medical pass on June 27th, uptill now I haven't received my pre-arrival letter.

Connectuae

Sep 20, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai
Hi, I got my PPR on July 2nd. Sent them the passport but did not receive the CoPR yet.
Congratulations...best wishes...
Which is your destination province?
I think yours is the most recent PR.
Now i am sure that when IRCC sends third ghost update it means decision made in the application. After that whatever delay their is by the visa office sending PPR.

Connectuae

Sep 20, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai
Thanks for sharing. Please does Pre-arrival letter indicate a positive sign? I received my AOR on June 26th, BIL and Medical pass on June 27th, uptill now I haven't received my pre-arrival letter.
In most cases pre arrival letter means your eligibility has been met. I have confirmed this thing with GCMS notes and timelines of several PR applications.

Reactions: Frankrobben1

Frankrobben1

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Congratulations...best wishes...
Which is your destination province?
I think yours is the most recent PR.
Now i am sure that when IRCC sends third ghost update it means decision made in the application. After that whatever delay their is by the visa office sending PPR.
Please how do one catch this ghost update? Is it by daily checking of our MyCIC account? Also, do we get an update via email when this happens. I need clarification on this matter.

Thanks

Connectuae

Sep 20, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai
Please how do one catch this ghost update? Is it by daily checking of our MyCIC account? Also, do we get an update via email when this happens. I need clarification on this matter.

Thanks
I always check mycic daily. Ghost updates are not notified by email. In my theory now AIPP eligibility, criminality and security is done at CIO-Sydney. I read somewhere that minister hussein said he will increase AIPP officers from 5 to 13. After CIO is done completing eligibility,criminality,security CIO transfer the file to the visa office responsible for sending PPR.
Most time consuming is ‘security’ as it is done by CSIS and CBSA. As they are independent from IRCC they work on their own schedule. One of my friend in the recent express entry draw got ITA-PPR in 10 days, it felt surreal.

Reactions: Frankrobben1

Frankrobben1

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
I always check mycic daily. Ghost updates are not notified by email. In my theory now AIPP eligibility, criminality and security is done at CIO-Sydney. I read somewhere that minister hussein said he will increase AIPP officers from 5 to 13. After CIO is done completing eligibility,criminality,security CIO transfer the file to the visa office responsible for sending PPR.
Most time consuming is ‘security’ as it is done by CSIS and CBSA. As they are independent from IRCC they work on their own schedule. One of my friend in the recent express entry draw got ITA-PPR in 10 days, it felt surreal.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Again, I heard there are preferential treatments in handling high skilled and intermediate level applications. Is it true that high skilled are processed faster than high skilled Applicants.? I need your input here. Thanks

Last edited:

Connectuae

Sep 20, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Again, I heard there are preferential treatments in handling high skilled and intermediate level applications. Is it true that high skilled are processed faster than high skilled Applicants.? I need your input here. Thanks
Maybe on endorsement level there can be some special treatment but on federal level i don’t think any such treatment is given to applications. And yes employee retention rate of employers who are taking part in this program since 2017 plays a good role in swift processing,as it opts out the fraud-fake employers/employee thing.