+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic immigration pilot program

A.Z

Nov 8, 2018
I have been in Canada for two years. I've got a job offer in April 2017 and applied for pilot program in July 2017. After two months I got the endorsement letter from Nerwfoundland. Because my documents weren't ready I mailed my application on may 3th,2018. After two months, I did my medical exam and now it's more than 6 months since I sent my application to Halifax. But there is no news about last decision.

Full_of_positivity

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hi, just want to ask for those who got the TWP and PR through AIPP, do you have to provide a proof of funds upon applying for TWP or is it for PR application only?

Thank you so much in advance and any response will be appreciated. God bless

Full_of_positivity

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Thank you Bill. My brother is applying in the Philippines and currently gathering the required documents for TWP. Another question, if he got the TWP does it mean that he can come to Canada immediately and continue the processing of his PR in New Brunswick?

King.bill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Thank you Bill. My brother is applying in the Philippines and currently gathering the required documents for TWP. Another question, if he got the TWP does it mean that he can come to Canada immediately and continue the processing of his PR in New Brunswick?
Yes! TWP will allow him to come to Canada and start working. He will have 90 days from the date his TWP application is received at IRCC office to apply for PR. He can apply for PR from Philippines or after arriving in Canada as Work Permits are processed on priority for AIPP.

Full_of_positivity

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Bill I have a question in the application form the IMM1295e (Application For Work Permit Made Outside of Canada) in page3 question1 what type of Work Permit are you applying for? Do I have to select Open Work Permit or Exemption from LMIA? I was thinking I should select the Open Work Permit.. thank you

King.bill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Bill I have a question in the application form the IMM1295e (Application For Work Permit Made Outside of Canada) in page3 question1 what type of Work Permit are you applying for? Do I have to select Open Work Permit or Exemption from LMIA? I was thinking I should select the Open Work Permit.. thank you
Exemption from LMIA. You would need an employment number before you can complete this form.
Employment number is generated almost instantly once your employer makes a submission online. You will have to contact your employer to get this and they will have to pay $230 compliance fee.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/partners-service-providers/employer-portal.html

Reactions: Full_of_positivity

Full_of_positivity

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Thank you so much for your prompt response. Yeah, my brother got already the Employment number from his employer after paying the compliance fee. Hope the process will be smooth. Have a great day!

Full_of_positivity

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hi Bill, just wanted to ask. We are currently filling up the form for PR but was wondering cause my brother was a seafarer for a cruise ship for the last 10years. Is it necessary to specify the city of each country that he stayed although he only stayed for 6days maximum

J@rgeCabello

Dec 9, 2018
Hi, this is Jorge from Peru. I’m applying for the Atlantic Immigration Pilot, My employer submitted the endorsement application in 2018-Dec-06, so actually I’m still waiting for the endorsement in order to apply for the Work permit and then for the permanent resident. Has anybody know how long It takes the endorsement application for New Brunswick???