+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATIP Short by 5days on residency

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Politren said:
I for example would never order ATIP and I would never consider it as a serious and reliable source of information. And to be honest I am still wondering why so many people order this ATIP notes. For me these notes are worthless. The ATIP notes can only create confusion. Which is most probably the case here.
Politren, this is another blanket statement that is not true for everyone. If you know how to read the GCMS notes and order them often enough, they can be very useful in figuring out the state of your file. For example, does the OP know if any of his clearances have expired? That would be one important piece of information in ascertaining when they might hear something. Moreover, if a clearance has expired--but IRCC/CIC has requested they be rerun AND there has been no further request for information or documents--this very well might indicate an intention to approve.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
links18 said:
Politren, this is another blanket statement that is not true for everyone. If you know how to read the GCMS notes and order them often enough, they can be very useful in figuring out the state of your file. For example, does the OP know if any of his clearances have expired? That would be one important piece of information in ascertaining when they might hear something. Moreover, if a clearance has expired--but IRCC/CIC has requested they be rerun AND there has been no further request for information or documents--this very well might indicate an intention to approve.
My point is that even assuming the notes are right this time, there is still nothing the applicant can do. All the control is in the agent hands.
If that application was under the new rules the chances are that IRCC would have contacted the OP already, letting him know what the problem is.

Here we have application under the Old rules which is enough indication for problematic waiting for the UNKNOWN. And all that because of the basic residence BULLS^%$T and the following subjectivity whether the Koo test will be used or not. We will see what will happen in the following years most probably.

Remember, the Old rules were very likely to create truly LONG AND EPIC STORIES. Lets see how many months or years this story will go until the final decision. I hope that the OP is young enough to wait for all that.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Politren said:
Remember, the Old rules were very likely to create truly LONG AND EPIC STORIES. Lets see how many months or years this story will go until the final decision. I hope that the OP is young enough to wait for all that.
Processing times under the old rules were reasonable until sometime after the Conservatives came to power. There is no direct connection between the particular rules and processing times. You could have the old rules and reasonable processing times with adequate staffing. That's all it would take.....

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
links18 said:
Processing times under the old rules were reasonable until sometime after the Conservatives came to power. There is no direct connection between the particular rules and processing times. You could have the old rules and reasonable processing times with adequate staffing. That's all it would take.....
Yes I agree that all that was a nasty political game to intentionally break down the whole system and to magically fix it with the new rules right before the elections.

The fixing was intentionally procrastinated to use it like a fresh benefit for the election campaign.

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
I still have no clue as to whats happening with my file, neither they have refused nor have I got OATH letter, even online it says "In Process". Am stuck in the mid air having no clue what to do or where to go ??? :(

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
YNSAFDARI said:
I still have no clue as to whats happening with my file, neither they have refused nor have I got OATH letter, even online it says "In Process". Am stuck in the mid air having no clue what to do or where to go ??? :(
Have you contacted you MP's office? Sometimes they can get answers. Did you make an ATIP request to CIC for your case notes?

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Yes I did make ATIP request which I got and which shows a note by an officer that I am down by 1095days (1091 days of physical presence), my 2nd test was on 19th Nov 2015 and the note is of dec 5th, after which I don't have any correspondence from CIC, neither OATH nor refusal nor request for any additional documents.
And no I have not contacted my MP's office.

Dec 9, 2009
what is ATIP and in how many days we will get the report on ATIP.

How to make a request for ATIP.

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Here is the link to request for ATIP = Access to information and Privacy

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
YNSAFDARI said:
Yes I did make ATIP request which I got and which shows a note by an officer that I am down by 1095days (1091 days of physical presence), my 2nd test was on 19th Nov 2015 and the note is of dec 5th, after which I don't have any correspondence from CIC, neither OATH nor refusal nor request for any additional documents.
And no I have not contacted my MP's office.
In your case, I would order ATIP continuously. Once you get one report, order it again. Its free. More information is better, even if it just shows there hasn't been any movement on your case. First, I would reach out to you MP's office and see if they can get anymore specific information. They can make an inquiry on CIC's MP line.

FutureCanadian

Star Member
Jul 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
In your case, I would order ATIP continuously. Once you get one report, order it again. Its free. More information is better, even if it just shows there hasn't been any movement on your case. First, I would reach out to you MP's office and see if they can get anymore specific information. They can make an inquiry on CIC's MP line.
Does not ordering continuously have negative impact on the case ??

robw

Mar 10, 2014
FutureCanadian said:
Does not ordering continuously have negative impact on the case ??
Absolutely not. It's your legal right to order it!

The officer handling your file probably doesn't even know that you requested ATIP. They probably get some low-level file clerk or intern to fill these requests.