Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
I’m sure this has been asked many times before and I tried searching but don’t seem to be able to get the search feature to work. Where do I apply for an ATIP request with CBSA? Anything I should be aware of when applying? How long does an ATIP request with CBSA take?

Thank you!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, again.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

Now...you WILL see this on the page:
If you are renewing or applying for a Permanent Resident Card you do not need to request your Traveller History Report from the CBSA. Checking "Yes" on page 3, Question 23 (section E) of the application form allows IRCC to collect the report on your behalf.

Again, this is for a person that already has accurate travel history. Since you do not...you need a copy of whatever CBSA has before you can even complete the Travel History section in the PR card renewal application. Seems redundant, right? If only that consent was in the Travel History section of the application; IRCC would do the work for you and complete the travel history based on what they get from CBSA, but...it will never be that way, I'm sure. The onus is on the PR to keep records.

More info:
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/menu-eng.html

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Hello, again.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

Now...you WILL see this on the page:
If you are renewing or applying for a Permanent Resident Card you do not need to request your Traveller History Report from the CBSA. Checking "Yes" on page 3, Question 23 (section E) of the application form allows IRCC to collect the report on your behalf.

Again, this is for a person that already has accurate travel history. Since you do not...you need a copy of whatever CBSA has before you can even complete the Travel History section in the PR card renewal application. Seems redundant, right? If only that consent was in the Travel History section of the application; IRCC would do the work for you and complete the travel history based on what they get from CBSA, but...it will never be that way, I'm sure. The onus is on the PR to keep records.

More info:
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/menu-eng.html
Thanks again! We always travel together so I looked up my passport data with CBS and was able to put together an accurate travel history between that and our pictures(we always take pictures when crossing the border, not sure why, lol) There is only 1 date we may be off by 1 day on.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks again! We always travel together so I looked up my passport data with CBS and was able to put together an accurate travel history between that and our pictures(we always take pictures when crossing the border, not sure why, lol) There is only 1 date we may be off by 1 day on.
Here's the absurd part, IMHO. Even if your wife crosses the border for a weekend, with or without you (i.e. leave Canada Sat morning and return Sunday night...those two days count as days in Canada, so...why do they even need trips like that in the application? Oh I know why...because they do, LOL!

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Here's the absurd part, IMHO. Even if your wife crosses the border for a weekend, with or without you (i.e. leave Canada Sat morning and return Sunday night...those two days count as days in Canada, so...why do they even need trips like that in the application? Oh I know why...because they do, LOL!
Could they make it any more confusing?lol!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just curious: Did you see travel history from when you had your previous passport? We all assume that CBP and CBSA `connect the dots' when tracking entries, but unlike a PR card, passports do not keep the same document number when it is renewed. They must know that it's the same traveler, just with a different/new passport.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Just curious: Did you see travel history from when you had your previous passport? We all assume that CBP and CBSA `connect the dots' when tracking entries, but unlike a PR card, passports do not keep the same document number when it is renewed. They must know that it's the same traveler, just with a different/new passport.
Yes, I got my current passport in 2015 and it is showing all the way back to 2013

Reactions: Ponga

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
I am applying for the CBSA records now. Do i apply under the Privacy Act or Access to Information Act?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am applying for the CBSA records now. Do i apply under the Privacy Act or Access to Information Act?
ATIP
https://atip-aiprp.tbs-sct.gc.ca/

You could start by emailing:
Canada Border Services Agency Dan Proulx
Executive Director and Chief Privacy Officer
333 North River Road
14th Floor Tower A
Vanier, Ontario K1A 0L8
Telephone: 343-291-7021
Facsimile: 343-291-7012
ATIP-AIPRP@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca

Might have your wife order hers as well, just to cross reference?

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
ATIP

333 North River Road
14th Floor Tower A
Vanier, Ontario K1A 0L8

My wife is ordering hers is what I meant, we are placing the order now.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
She ended up ordering under the privacy act
ATIP

333 North River Road
14th Floor Tower A
Vanier, Ontario K1A 0L8

She ended up applying under the privacy act. The Access to Information Act wouldn’t work for us. None of our credit cards would work. Hopefully this is correct!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She ended up ordering under the privacy act

She ended up applying under the privacy act. The Access to Information Act wouldn’t work for us. None of our credit cards would work. Hopefully this is correct!
I double checked and there is no charge for an ATIP for her in this case. Either way, hope you get what you need.

You want personal information

Personal information about individuals held by government institutions to administer programs and services, including:

• your own personal information
  • information about someone else with their consent or authorization
  • information on behalf of a deceased individual
  • historical information on an individual (such as war records) (this would seem to also apply to CBSA entry records).

(Your right to access this comes under the Privacy Act)).

Fee: no fee for most requests for personal information

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
I double checked and there is no charge for an ATIP for her in this case. Either way, hope you get what you need.

Personal information about individuals held by government institutions to administer programs and services, including:

• historical information on an individual (such as war records) (this would seem to also apply to CBSA entry records).

Hope so,

seems like I was correct to apply under the privacy act then. Seemed easy enough

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope so,

seems like I was correct to apply under the privacy act then. Seemed easy enough
If you wouldn't mind, could you post back once she has received her CBSA travel history? Am curious to know how long it took and if it was 100% complete, since she's a U.S. citizen. Many others here could benefit from the info. Thanks.