+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATIP Report (Activities)

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my ATIP report today.

The request was sent Jan 27, 2014 and the report was generated Feb 04, 2014.

Everything seems to be normal except for the following:

- Under the main activity: CSIS CLEARANCE, my status is still missing. No record of "Not Started" or "Passed".

- The sub activity: "schedule test" under the main activity TESTING, says that the responsible office is CPC Sydney. This doesn't make sense.

- Under the NOTES section, which was created on Nov 27-2013 (way before my application was transferred to the Montreal office on Jan 09-2014) the description says: FLAGGED:A5

Could anyone compare their GCMS info and confirm if the above is similar? Is the CSIS Clearance status always blank?

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK CSIS Clearance is left blank intentionally as it's classified info as per EasyRider's comment on the forum (from another thread)

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey farrous13,

So you did order the ATIP notes eh....

A5: Self-identified as a consultant, self-employed or unemployed, with any travel during the relevant 4 year period.

Looks like you have been flagged for RQ.....Were you ever unemployed or self-employed or a consultant with any travel?

Did you send in all the additional documentation that usually gets asked with an RQ at the time you initially submitted the application? If yes, that would tell why you did not get any RQ or request for additional document since they already have it. But you were still tagged as non routine under A5.

Looks like you have not been scheduled for test as of yet....

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp good to hear from you

I was always employed. Except when I transitioned from a study permit to a work permit which was about 2 months (did not travel in that period). I am not a consultant and not self-employed. So I am not sure why would I be under the A5? I did submit the a letter of employment.

I will call them up and ask the CIC. No test yet.

dear_pnp said:
Hey farrous13,

So you did order the ATIP notes eh....

A5: Self-identified as a consultant, self-employed or unemployed, with any travel during the relevant 4 year period.

Looks like you have been flagged for RQ.....Were you ever unemployed or self-employed or a consultant with any travel?

Did you send in all the additional documentation that usually gets asked with an RQ at the time you initially submitted the application? If yes, that would tell why you did not get any RQ or request for additional document since they already have it. But you were still tagged as non routine under A5.

Looks like you have not been scheduled for test as of yet....

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
dear_pnp good to hear from you

I was always employed. Except when I transitioned from a study permit to a work permit which was about 2 months (did not travel in that period). I am not a consultant and not self-employed. So I am not sure why would I be under the A5? I did submit the a letter of employment.

I will call them up and ask the CIC. No test yet.
Good to hear from you too bro....Well first question, does that 2 month period fall under your reported 4 year time frame?

Did you report as unemployed for those months?

Even if you did not travel in that 2 month period, its doesn't matter as the criteria says "any travel even if it does not concide with the time frame of + self employed/unemployed/consultant".

anne_dsaint

Jan 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my ATIP report, scheduled test is at our local office (Surrey CIC)

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp said:
Good to hear from you too bro....Well first question, does that 2 month period fall under your reported 4 year time frame?

Did you report as unemployed for those months?

Even if you did not travel in that 2 month period, its doesn't matter as the criteria says "any travel even if it does not concide with the time frame of + self employed/unemployed/consultant".
Ya it barely misses it. And yes I reported unemployed, when I should have wrote Homemaker. Since honestly I was, but never took it as an option (silly me).
I will ask the CIC if my application is routine.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Ya it barely misses it. And yes I reported unemployed, when I should have wrote Homemaker. Since honestly I was, but never took it as an option (silly me).
I will ask the CIC if my application is routine.
There you go, that explains it.

Did you send in all the additional documentation that gets asked for RQ with your application?

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok called CIC. Here is what I got:

The Flagged A5 is an internal code that does not impact the process. They suggested, if I needed more info, to email the CIC office and ask for more details. But she assured me that my application is a routine application.

dear_pnp said:
There you go, that explains it.

Did you send in all the additional documentation that gets asked for RQ with your application?

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Ok called CIC. Here is what I got:

The Flagged A5 is an internal code that does not impact the process. They suggested, if I needed more info, to email the CIC office and ask for more details. But she assured me that my application is a routine application.
Well yes A5 is an internal code, as listed here "residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/rq-risk-indicators/"

If she said its routine, then yayyy!! Good for you and wish you luck.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well I will still email the office and see what response I get.
I googled Residence Questionnaire A5 and the website below pops up. Is this information and code reference created by the CIC? There is no reference on the CIC website relating a code to the RQ. Maybe Eileen can confirm?

Also where can I get the CIC email address in Montreal from? Any idea?

dear_pnp said:
Well yes A5 is an internal code, as listed here "residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/rq-risk-indicators/"

If she said its routine, then yayyy!! Good for you and wish you luck.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Well I will still email the office and see what response I get.
I googled Residence Questionnaire A5 and the website below pops up. Is this information and code reference created by the CIC? There is no reference on the CIC website relating a code to the RQ. Maybe Eileen can confirm?

Also where can I get the CIC email address in Montreal from? Any idea?
Yes its an internal code reference created by CIC....I guess some senior forum member obtained this through ATIP request.