+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATIP note meaning

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
I requested on Dec 2 and got it on Jan 6. Maybe the delay was due to the holidays/new years or could be due to a large number of requests! I am sure you will get it soon.

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
I've received another ATIP today (4th one since August).
In the previous ATIPs this note wasn't quite visible, although it was there.

Note says: AGING INVENTORY PENDING PARTNER RESPONSE - CBSA.

The day after that my application was transferred to St.Clair Office from Missisauga.

Does anyone have any idea what that might be? I know it has something to do with Border Agency but a haven't received any RQs before or after the test.

I'm tired of calling CIC call centre asking all this questions, as for the reason of the transfer they usually cite the possibility of the workload (re)distribution.
Reading your notes today , sound i am in the same boat . CO mentioned he has to request CBSA to correct one of the entries which was wrongly registered in my name , and this might take between one day to one year as they have no control on CBSA . its coming close to 2 months now , no update whatsoever

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
JJGGG said:
Reading your notes today , sound i am in the same boat . CO mentioned he has to request CBSA to correct one of the entries which was wrongly registered in my name , and this might take between one day to one year as they have no control on CBSA . its coming close to 2 months now , no update whatsoever
Hi
I am guessing that this wrong entry happened by crossing the land border with US?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
I've received another ATIP today (4th one since August).
In the previous ATIPs this note wasn't quite visible, although it was there.

Note says: AGING INVENTORY PENDING PARTNER RESPONSE - CBSA.

The day after that my application was transferred to St.Clair Office from Missisauga.

Does anyone have any idea what that might be? I know it has something to do with Border Agency but a haven't received any RQs before or after the test.

I'm tired of calling CIC call centre asking all this questions, as for the reason of the transfer they usually cite the possibility of the workload (re)distribution.
It appears that even CIC has given up waiting CBSA to follow-up considering the "aging inventory" wording. Wait until March 31, order another ATIP, see if there's any movement and re-apply in case there's no progress to be found.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Diplomatru said:
It appears that even CIC has given up waiting CBSA to follow-up considering the "aging inventory" wording. Wait until March 31, order another ATIP, see if there's any movement and re-apply in case there's no progress to be found.
Hi
It is interesting how sometimes the lack of communication between institutions can make unexpected undefined delays.
It is not CIC fault neither the applicants one. Some might called tough luck.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
Hi
It is interesting how sometimes the lack of communication between institutions can make unexpected undefined delays.
It is not CIC fault neither the applicants one. Some might called tough luck.
Tough luck indeed, my friend =(

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ambient2 said:
Sent my request on 4.12.15 got it on 6.1.16. Sent an email on 5.1.16 with the temporary tracking number to find out where is the Atip, don't know if that helped.
I read your previous comments about "Aged Inventory", to me it appears that it is reminder to CBSA to respond.

As you know ATIP provide us just the status but does not remind CIC to act upon.

Have you considered approaching your area MP's, call them and send a detailed email. MP's can send a reminder to CIC and request action, they get responses within 2 weeks.

Its frustrating to say the least, wish you all the best.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I read your previous comments about "Aged Inventory", to me it appears that it is reminder to CBSA to respond.

As you know ATIP provide us just the status but does not remind CIC to act upon.

Have you considered approaching your area MP's, call them and send a detailed email. MP's can send a reminder to CIC and request action, they get responses within 2 weeks.

Its frustrating to say the least, wish you all the best.
I did approach my MP, they are trying to do their best (or at least that's what they are telling me).
I requested another ATIP this time from CBSA, we'll see what ill get from their side.
Strangely enough CBSA doesn't send ATIP via email, only by snail mail.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ambient2 said:
I did approach my MP, they are trying to do their best (or at least that's what they are telling me).
I requested another ATIP this time from CBSA, we'll see what ill get from their side.
Strangely enough CBSA doesn't send ATIP via email, only by snail mail.
Hope things work out for you, I know MP's got a separate channel to reach Federal Agencies and get their reply within 2 weeks.

MP's offices especially in the major cities get many such requests from constituents. I know it hard but closely follow up till you get reply.

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
Hi
I am guessing that this wrong entry happened by crossing the land border with US?
actually it is not . it is a trip which i have never taken . the CO mentioned as outbond date and he immediately stated it is a mistake . apparently someone was working on my trip history and he wrongly mentioned that specific trip , since he himself realised it is a mistake . now the correction require CBSA consent . too frustrating !!!

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJGGG said:
actually it is not . it is a trip which i have never taken . the CO mentioned as outbond date and he immediately stated it is a mistake . apparently someone was working on my trip history and he wrongly mentioned that specific trip , since he himself realised it is a mistake . now the correction require CBSA consent . too frustrating !!!
Do you communicate with your CO directly or he sends you emails on each and every step? How did you find out about CBSA screw up ?

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
Do you communicate with your CO directly or he sends you emails on each and every step? How did you find out about CBSA screw up ?
of course not . how could I . u know to contact call center is a hassle , how about reaching CO....
all has been discussed during the intvw following test . he brought up the issue and when i was surprised , he concluded it's a mistake and need correction.
it's weird but it is what it is. there is nothing i can do except praying . let it takes time as long it's sorted out peacefully . hope so !!!

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
JJGGG said:
of course not . how could I . u know to contact call center is a hassle , how about reaching CO....
all has been discussed during the intvw following test . he brought up the issue and when i was surprised , he concluded it's a mistake and need correction.
it's weird but it is what it is. there is nothing i can do except praying . let it takes time as long it's sorted out peacefully . hope so !!!
Usually these discrepancies happens if a person cross the US border by land.
Have you ever crossed the land border with US?

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i did in the past many times . i dont think it has any relation as i have renewed my PR one year before the test . at that time no concerns where highlighted at all .

whats really worrying me is how the CO concluded it is a mistake . he was adamant about it . maybe he was trying to find out something else . but i doubt it as CIC are known being straight when addressing concerns and they will not give applicant inaccurate info .

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
JJGGG said:
i did in the past many times . i dont think it has any relation as i have renewed my PR one year before the test . at that time no concerns where highlighted at all .

whats really worrying me is how the CO concluded it is a mistake . he was adamant about it . maybe he was trying to find out something else . but i doubt it as CIC are known being straight when addressing concerns and they will not give applicant inaccurate info .
Both procedures the PR renewal and the Citizenship are not really the same.
For the citizenship they dig in much more.

For the PR renewal they are concerned if you meet the 730days in the last 5 years frame. As a PR a person is still just a foreigner with the permit to live in Canada. But at the very core a PR is NOT Canadian

When someone apply for citizenship whey look for discrepancies in much detail compared to the renewal of a travel document for Permanent residents the PR card itself.