+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atalntic inmigration program graduation year question

Orostacus

Sep 18, 2018
Hi, I graduated on July 2020 from my college. Am I allowed to apply for aip? By that I mean, is there a time limit from the moment you graduate to apply for it?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I graduated on July 2020 from my college. Am I allowed to apply for aip? By that I mean, is there a time limit from the moment you graduate to apply for it?
Residency requirements during your studies is on the AIPP website. Assume you graduated from an Atlantic provinces school and have a job offer with designated employer.

Orostacus

Sep 18, 2018
Residency requirements during your studies is on the AIPP website. Assume you graduated from an Atlantic provinces school and have a job offer with designated employer.
Right, I studied in nova scotia and also have the job offer from a DE.

On the aip info page on the section:" Eligible educational credentials for international graduates", there's a note at the bottom that says:
-The educational credential must have been obtained within 24 months of the date on the application for permanent residence.

this is what prompted me to ask about my eligibility, since I graduated on July 2020. Maybe there's something I misunderstood but I know of people that applied for aip at the end of their 3 years pgwp.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Right, I studied in nova scotia and also have the job offer from a DE.

On the aip info page on the section:" Eligible educational credentials for international graduates", there's a note at the bottom that says:
-The educational credential must have been obtained within 24 months of the date on the application for permanent residence.

this is what prompted me to ask about my eligibility, since I graduated on July 2020. Maybe there's something I misunderstood but I know of people that applied for aip at the end of their 3 years pgwp.

Thanks
Sorry where do you read that? Do you meet residency requirements?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration/how-to-immigrate/eligibility.html

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/atlantic-immigration-program/assessing-application.html
I read that here, same section I mentioned earlier:
Eligible educational credentials for international graduates

I have stayed in ns since I started studying.
Thanks
Since you know a of people who got PR without meeting the requirement then talk to them. Based on this you are not eligible so find out what these people included in their applications if they didn’t meet the two year requirement.

Orostacus

Sep 18, 2018
Since you know a of people who got PR without meeting the requirement then talk to them. Based on this you are not eligible so find out what these people included in their applications if they didn’t meet the two year requirement.
Guess so, i haven't seen other posts of people talking about it. Definitely will ask and also call an inmigration lawyer

Orostacus

Sep 18, 2018
Guess so, i haven't seen other posts of people talking about it. Definitely will ask and also call an inmigration lawyer
I called an inmigration firm, not eligible on that one without the 1 year experience since it's been 2 years from my graduation date. Thanks for the help!