+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

At what point in time can I request an update?

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Hi all,

I started my whole process on November 20 by taking my IELTS exam. I received my ITA on March 9 and my AOR on April 25. CIC requested my police certificates, schedule A, etc., and the last thing that changed was back on Setpember 2, when my background check started. I browsed through some posts on here regarding the background check and it sounds like it's not completely normal for it to be taking this long (about a month and a half now). I also read that there's a way to ask CIC for updates regarding an application, but that this can only be done if it has exceeded normal processing times. I checked and apparently the normal processing time for applications from the US is 6 months. My question to you is....is that 6 months from when I received my AOR or is that from the last time that they received something they requested, which would be June 29 (when they received the police certificates). If it's 6 months from the AOR, then I'd be able to request an update in a few days, on October 25. Otherwise, I guess all I can do is keep waiting.

Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance! I'll appreciate any info you may be able to provide.