+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asylum

Njoke

Dec 8, 2018
I don't have anyone in Canada and wish to seek asylum at the airport with an ETA. Will the immigration take me to a refugee camp please I need help?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I don't have anyone in Canada and wish to seek asylum at the airport with an ETA. Will the immigration take me to a refugee camp please I need help?
Not sure how you could have an actual ETA which would be for a visa exempt passport holder so you would need a TRV to travel to Canada

What makes you think that you could qualify for asylum ?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2017/03/claiming_asylum_incanadawhathappens.html

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Last edited:

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
So why Canada to claim Asylum, can you not go to the UK? I would have thought that would be an easier passage (may be wrong though).

To claim Asylum your life has to be in danger or threatened. Just trying to get the details to see if you actually qualify.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
If you say that to a visa officer you will be rejected on the spot i'm afraid. Asylum seekers are generally happy to be going anywhere to be safe. It really depends what proof you have.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
i've never heard of a refugee camp but i can be wrong, do you have money to support your self when i came her i was 19 years old just three years ago and i did not get placed ina camp i had to live in an Airbnb for four months until i got a positive discussion and then the government gave e money for three months but its because i got my work permit and started working i did not want money from the government for too long.

not everyone process is that quick i have friends who claimed and still in the process and then when you get the date ts like four five months away.

so my advise is if you have money and if you think you have grounds to clam then welcome come sooner than later, especially since your ina . visa except country they will ask why you took so long if your in danger and also why didnt you relocate.

Reactions: visatest

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Am from Solomon Island which is a visa exempt country to Canada.
Sounds like you have bought a passport. It will be pretty evident that you are not from the Solomon Islands. Most flights from Africa go through other countries first so your fraudulent documents will be easily picked out. Hopefully employees of your home country will pick out the false documents. Unfortunately bribing is still a problem but the staff of your actual flight will get in trouble if they let you on the flight with fake documents so they will stop you even if you get into your airport with the fake documents. Using fake documents is a crime. You will lose the cost of the flight.