+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asylum seekers awaiting eligibility interview; any update?

newstartC

Star Member
May 13, 2021
No you can not get work permit before eligibility interview in a refugee process. They will apply for you on your interview day.
Thank you! That's good to know! I guess this will apply for the study permit also. No wonder why I never had any updates on my study and work permit. Waiting for one thing is better than waiting for 3 things.

Mem2020

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
Hi, I wanted to know if anyone has updates regarding the eligibility interview for refugee claimants in Montreal. My request was submitted end of July/ Early August. I still haven't heard anything about my eligibility interview and work permit.
Medical exam: Done
AOR: well received.
However, no more information was communicated to me and I'am very worried and I feel almost desperate.
Hi Jamie did you get your notice for eligibility interview?
thanks for reply

newstartC

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Hi Jamie did you get your notice for eligibility interview?
thanks for reply
Hi, just wonder did you get your eligibility interview done? When I did my biometrics they told me to call me within 4 - 6 weeks. Now 6 weeks past, I still haven't heard anything from them...

Mem2020

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
Hi, just wonder did you get your eligibility interview done? When I did my biometrics they told me to call me within 4 - 6 weeks. Now 6 weeks past, I still haven't heard anything from them...
I been waiting for eligibility interview since 4 months but no update yet. I did my biometric on March

Hermela21

Jun 2, 2021
Y
Yes I did my eligibility interview 43 days after my biometric.

newstartC

Star Member
May 13, 2021
They said 2-4 weeks but haven’t got it yet
I sent IRCC a message through Epost two days ago asking when I am gonna have my eligibility interview. Today an officer replied the message to me and told me they are waiting for me to submitted the files they requested on May 27th, which I already submitted on the same day. I am so glad Epost has an activity record. And I sent the documents along with the activity record showing IRCC officer opened my submitted correction on June 8th.

Basically, they told me if I don't send in my files I'll not get the eligibility interview. I think for your case, it is worth to send an message to IRCC as well asking why you haven't got the interview scheduled. You never know someone may forgets to update your file.

Mem2020

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
I sent IRCC a message through Epost two days ago asking when I am gonna have my eligibility interview. Today an officer replied the message to me and told me they are waiting for me to submitted the files they requested on May 27th, which I already submitted on the same day. I am so glad Epost has an activity record. And I sent the documents along with the activity record showing IRCC officer opened my submitted correction on June 8th.

Basically, they told me if I don't send in my files I'll not get the eligibility interview. I think for your case, it is worth to send an message to IRCC as well asking why you haven't got the interview scheduled. You never know someone may forgets to update your file.
As far I know IRCC always says don’t use the epost for messages so I never used that way, and can u tell what document they asked you ?
where I can open and send message then ?

newstartC

Star Member
May 13, 2021
As far I know IRCC always says don’t use the epost for messages so I never used that way, and can u tell what document they asked you ?
where I can open and send message then ?
Mine is the documents I didn't fill in a correct way, so they asked me to correct it.
IRCC says to not use it for messages, but in this case we never really have places to see whether they got all of our documents or not, so I just asked.

Also a provincial government officer told me, in Canada, sometime they have to do it also call everyday until they get an answer. I always feel so hesitate to do so, but I guess we have to do it.

I just sent messages to where they sent me the biometrics request message, because it will be the office for my eligibility interview. Mine is ircc.calgary

newstartC

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Glory to our God!

This morning after I got home, I started checking emails and God told me it's time for me to get the feedback from Epost and my scheduled interview!
Here we go! I got the interview scheduled for next Monday. I am really excited and want to share this good news here.

Though IRCC don't like sending messages from Epost, but they do read it! Like I send them a message asking why I haven't heard back from them. Then they said they didn't receive a doc I sent back in May. Then I send the doc back and they told me I filled the info wrong, which is not wrong as my case is really special as what I wrote.

I sent everything in last week and haven't heard back from IRCC for another week, so I sent another message this Monday. And today I got the interview scheduled.

Hallelujah!