+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asylum seekers awaiting eligibility interview; any update?

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
I am in Toronto. I got called for interview on may 18. I give my biometric, photo and passport and they give me notice of seizures. And I realize my apartment number on my notice of seizure is not right so I am worried if I miss anything that is sent through mail. Can anyone tell me please if they send anything through mail without emailing first?
don't worry when they will call you for an interview on you can get it corrected right away and they will invite you using epost and that email/epost they send to your counsel and you as well..

Jamie90

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
don't worry when they will call you for an interview on you can get it corrected right away and they will invite you using epost and that email/epost they send to your counsel and you as well..
Hey bro, did you receive your WP? have you heard from IRB?

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Hey bro, did you receive your WP? have you heard from IRB?
bro case is updated in IRB and available in my representative portal. regarding WP I got epost that it is mailed already and I am sure it is received as well but they made mistake and send it to my rep address who is not available wondering what are my other options to get it or get it to change ..really surprise how and why it was sent there lol.

Reactions: Jamie90

Hermela21

Jun 2, 2021
bro case is updated in IRB and available in my representative portal. regarding WP I got epost that it is mailed already and I am sure it is received as well but they made mistake and send it to my rep address who is not available wondering what are my other options to get it or get it to change ..really surprise how and why it was sent there lol.
thank you that really help me.

Hermela21

Jun 2, 2021
Can you please tell me How many weeks does it take to get my eligibility interview?? I already gave biometric and seized my passport?

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Can you please tell me How many weeks does it take to get my eligibility interview?? I already gave biometric and seized my passport?
it depends. it took like 1 month after passport seize so sooner they will invite you be patient :)

newstartC

Star Member
May 13, 2021
It has been a month since I did my biometrics, and I still haven't heard back from them for the eligibility interview.

Hermela21

Jun 2, 2021
Can you share your timeline and province?
thanks
It might not be exactly the same timeline for every case but mine is in Toronto. I got my acknowledgment of claim on January 15, my biometric on may 18 and my eligibility interview on June 28. My work permit comes on July 16.

Reactions: Mem2020

newstartC

Star Member
May 13, 2021
It might not be exactly the same timeline for every case but mine is in Toronto. I got my acknowledgment of claim on January 15, my biometric on may 18 and my eligibility interview on June 28. My work permit comes on July 16.
Thank you for sharing. I did my biomentrics on June 16th, and the officer told me to expect 4 - 6 week for the eligibility interview. I guess I have to wait for another one or two weeks. When did you apply the work permit? I know some people got their work permit before the eligibility interview.

Hermela21

Jun 2, 2021
Thank you for sharing. I did my biomentrics on June 16th, and the officer told me to expect 4 - 6 week for the eligibility interview. I guess I have to wait for another one or two weeks. When did you apply the work permit? I know some people got their work permit before the eligibility interview.
No you can not get work permit before eligibility interview in a refugee process. They will apply for you on your interview day.