+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asking for more time to submit medicals, is it acceptable?

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
Hi all

I received medical test request for my kids that i am sponsoring, they are outside of canada.
The request letter gave us 30 days to submit the test but due to some personal reasons I don’t think we can make it within the 30 days

will the VO accept to give us another 30 days to submit the test results?

is there some rules that govern this extension?

thanks

cygnusx1

Mar 13, 2020
On the medical request form, there is a section that mentions what to do if you won’t be able to complete it within 30 days

cygnusx1

Mar 13, 2020
I checked , and there is none
Right under the section "How to complete your Immigration Medical Examination"

Book an appointment with a Panel Physician in your area as soon as possible. If you are unable to complete your medical examination within the 30 day timeframe provided, it is your responsibility to inform the IRCC office responsible for processing your application as soon as possible

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I checked , and there is none
Really depends on the reason for the delay and how long the delay is. If the panel physicians in your area are so busy that the earliest you can see a panel physician in your area is in 6 weeks IRCC should be seeing other people are all experiencing delays. It can take quite a long time to get a response from a webform so you should go ahead and book the earliest appointment possible because you may not get a response until over the 30 days.