+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asking about money and bank account

Jamal.malah

Jan 14, 2020
Hi everyone

Good point Olam...

I want to ask about something in my mind

I’m from Syria and my GF is Canadian we met online …

She right now on welfare, She will arrive Syria after the borders is open and we will got married genuine (Paper, Court, Party with family and friends, etc.) …

My questions is:

• If I add her to my bank account and changed to shared account is that will be a good point in our application?
  • She have no work in Canada and we will keep it like that because I planned to work and want her to stay in home, So If I transfer to her bank account in Canada amount like 20k or 25k to support our application to let her be my sponsor is that will be a good idea in front of government or that will not help?
  • The money in bank account will be better if will be in her bank account in Canada or in our sharing account outside Canada in Syria or out of Syria?

bian07

May 19, 2017
She cant sponsor you if she is on welfare. She has to show that she can support you, so you wont be a financial burden for canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also if you transfer any money to her account in Canada, she wont be eligible for welfare any longer.
She needs to find a job 2-3 months before applying to sponsor- money in the bank is not proof of income for CIC.
She need not go to work. The Syrian guy can send enough funds and the Canadian girl can start earning investment income.