+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce advice

Jamal.malah

Jan 14, 2020
Hi everyone

I need your experiences about my situation here in Canada , I came to Canada by family sponsorship in 2013 through marriage from my Canadian wife ....
We marriage in 2012 after a year of processing i got the visa we lived together and i got the Canadian citizenship in 2018 ....
And i passed here 5 years so now i can sponsor my kids from Syria ..
So guys my questions is :
1- If we get divorce is there anything will effect me or effect my citizenship or my situation in Canada ?
2- If i get divorce i after a year get married from my ex wife , Can sponsor here with my kids to come to Canada or that will effect me or here in future ?

Thanks

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone

I need your experiences about my situation here in Canada , I came to Canada by family sponsorship in 2013 through marriage from my Canadian wife ....
We marriage in 2012 after a year of processing i got the visa we lived together and i got the Canadian citizenship in 2018 ....
And i passed here 5 years so now i can sponsor my kids from Jordan ..
1- If we get divorce is there anything will effect me or effect my citizenship or my situation in Canada ?
2- If i get divorce i after a year get married from my ex wife , Can sponsor here with my kids to come to Canada or that will effect me or here in future ?

Thanks
1) With very rare exceptions, no, divorce will not affect your citizenship here.

2) I don't understand - are your kids from your current marriage, or from some other relationship? Is the age of these children from after your date of arrival in Canada?

Reactions: Jamal.malah

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi everyone

And i passed here 5 years so now i can sponsor my kids from Jordan ..

Thanks
Were your children born when you became a PR? If they were, did you declare them in your PR application and were they medically examined?

Jamal.malah

Jan 14, 2020
1) With very rare exceptions, no, divorce will not affect your citizenship here.

2) I don't understand - are your kids from your current marriage, or from some other relationship? Is the age of these children from after your date of arrival in Canada?
No ,My kids from my ex-wife and all of them under 18 years old ... and ll of them in good health and off curse the Canadian government know about because i declare them before on applications and but my Canadian wife she refused to sponsor them when i get here ...

Jamal.malah

Jan 14, 2020
Were your children born when you became a PR? If they were, did you declare them in your PR application and were they medically examined?
My children born in Syria and yes before my all Canada story and my PR ... And they stay in Syria with their mother

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
My children born in Syria and yes before my all Canada story and my PR ... And they stay in Syria with their mother
Were they included (non-accompanying) AND medically examined, as a part of YOUR PR application?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm not sure I understand entirely, but it seems:
-you were married in your home country, had children and you were divorced from your first wife.
-you subsequently married a Canadian and your Canadian wife sponsored you, you declared your children as non-accompanying and they had medicals at the time.
-You now are separated from your Canadian wife and plan to divorce. You already have Canadian citizenship.
-After this, you wish to sponsor your children from your first marriage (I assume they are all still meeting requirements for age? Are they / have they been your dependents throughout this whole period, receiving financial support from you?).
-AND you plan to remarry your first wife and sponsor her as well (or is the planned marriage to some other person)? Or will she (first wife) allow you to sponsor the children separately and she will not come to Canada?

I don't see any obvious issues with sponsoring your children.

Or even, in principle, re-marrying and sponsoring your first wife. The situation is a bit unusual but not unheard of, assuming that all these relationships have been and are genuine. You may get some additional scrutiny regarding your 're-started' relationship.

I honestly do not know situation regarding processing times, your urgency, etc. It's possible it would be advantageous in some respects to sponsor the children separately but only speculation and only you know the full story. Consider consulting a lawyer or immigration professional if you have concerns.

Oct 8, 2020
got married back in Pakistan and applied for my wife immigration in 2018 and in December 2019 she was here after living 2 months here in Canada, she went back back home after getting her PR card and told me that she is unable to take care of herself in pregnancy. After 3rd month of going back home, she starting saying i will not come back to Canada as she has a job there. Then she started fighting with me and the time passed and our baby got delivered there. Now she clearly mentioned me that she doesnt want to come to Canada again. After all the pain i have gone through i want to file a divorce. What should i do? Should i go back home, divorce her there and bring the documents here or apply divorce here in Canada. In Feb 2021 it will be a year she left Canada.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
got married back in Pakistan and applied for my wife immigration in 2018 and in December 2019 she was here after living 2 months here in Canada, she went back back home after getting her PR card and told me that she is unable to take care of herself in pregnancy. After 3rd month of going back home, she starting saying i will not come back to Canada as she has a job there. Then she started fighting with me and the time passed and our baby got delivered there. Now she clearly mentioned me that she doesnt want to come to Canada again. After all the pain i have gone through i want to file a divorce. What should i do? Should i go back home, divorce her there and bring the documents here or apply divorce here in Canada. In Feb 2021 it will be a year she left Canada.
You can apply from here on your own one year after she left you. That is if you were married here. I'm guessing you got married back home so you'd have to research the steps for that.