+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asked for Police Certificate for a Country ,I did not spend 183 days in?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla
Thanks a lot for your expert help. My case is somewhat similar. I havn't applied for citizenship applicaiton. I am planning to apply. But, after reading some posts, I have little bit become apprehensive of applying. After landing I went back to my homeland, and came after 1.75 year. So, if we see
4 year eligibility window, I havn't stayed in my cuontry for more than 150 days accordign to my current calculation.

It is difficult to get PCC from my country for that period, as i mixed up some address in my recent PR application. My PR has been renewed few months ago. However, in my country, PCC is local and city-wise and is issued from cities. And, in my PR, i entered one city address, for which it is difficult to get PCC, as it requires rent agreement, and I was living there without proper rent agreement (I am cursing that moment when I entered that address in my PR renewal application). although it is of few months, but it is now in their system. Should I change the address of that city in my citizenship applicaiton? well, I am of the view that it is in their system, so I shouldn't change it. It may be a blunder.

And, after seeing some posts on this forum, i observed that people who were although less than 183 days in a row in their home country (after landing canada, and then went back), but close to it like 176 days or 170 days, got triggered either by officer or flagged by system, and they were asked to provide PCC. So my question is, whats your expert judgement or opinion, should I wait more for 1-2 months to apply for citizenship.........or should wait altogether for next 4-5 months, so that my prior stay in my home country ago goes completely out of window of 4 years, (as I am currently living in canada), thus then there will be no need of giving PCC , as I would completely been in canada at that time e.g. If i apply in Aug 2023, 4 year requirement for PCC will beign from aug 2019, and at that time, I had landed here, so no out of canada stay . Whats the safest option here will be.??

Apologize for such a long post,
I don't know. I can't comment on this.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
-Regarding when I got the ADR,I received 4 X AOR(for the 4 of us, as we submitted one file) + one ADR for my PCC(my wife did not get it even though she had identical presence time frame ) ,within almost 10 mins! So total of 4 AOR+1 ADR in 10 mins on 3/3/2023.
At the risk of digging into the details in a particular person's case, which I usually avoid because I am NOT qualified to give personal advice . . . and because what happens in the individual case can vary considerably, including all sorts of stuff happens . . . so FWIW . . .

It appears this ADR was generated during the initial completeness screening, which suggests you might have been right in your initial reaction, that is that there was potentially an erroneous assessment, despite the fact you checked [No] for 10.b., that you had been in country XXXX for 183 days or more in a row during the relevant FOUR year period. As I referenced in a note in my previous post, this can happen in some cases due to the way the applicant reports time abroad in the physical presence calculation.

The good news for you is that in the past it was likely this would have resulted in the application being returned as incomplete. And all of your family's applications along with it. That would have delayed things even more.

Reports about this are few and sporadic, and the particular details vary considerably, so I doubt anyone here (and certainly not me) can truly say how this is handled. Hopefully the application will continue to be processed at least to the extent CPC-Sydney completes its processing and makes the referral to a local office. It might then go on-the-shelf in the local office, until a PCC is provided, but at least it will have moved along a ways in the process.

From your end, however, getting a response submitted right away, saying a PCC is not currently available but that you have applied for one and will submit it when it does become available, along with some information about the timeline, still seems to be the best approach.

Reactions: MEB

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
At the risk of digging into the details in a particular person's case, which I usually avoid because I am NOT qualified to give personal advice . . . and because what happens in the individual case can vary considerably, including all sorts of stuff happens . . . so FWIW . . .

It appears this ADR was generated during the initial completeness screening, which suggests you might have been right in your initial reaction, that is that there was potentially an erroneous assessment, despite the fact you checked [No] for 10.b., that you had been in country XXXX for 183 days or more in a row during the relevant FOUR year period. As I referenced in a note in my previous post, this can happen in some cases due to the way the applicant reports time abroad in the physical presence calculation.

The good news for you is that in the past it was likely this would have resulted in the application being returned as incomplete. And all of your family's applications along with it. That would have delayed things even more.

Reports about this are few and sporadic, and the particular details vary considerably, so I doubt anyone here (and certainly not me) can truly say how this is handled. Hopefully the application will continue to be processed at least to the extent CPC-Sydney completes its processing and makes the referral to a local office. It might then go on-the-shelf in the local office, until a PCC is provided, but at least it will have moved along a ways in the process.

From your end, however, getting a response submitted right away, saying a PCC is not currently available but that you have applied for one and will submit it when it does become available, along with some information about the timeline, still seems to be the best approach.
Finally I was able to communicate where all my doubts came from and why I was seeing that the body of this ADR was somehow relevant and hence apart from "protesting /fighting /pushing back" comments ...it simply need to be addressed! If the entire case aspects reached you ,it means I delivered all the details of my story regardless on the final results !Thanks @dpenabill .

From the beginning I mentioned that this ADR came along with the AOR which means it is not yet based on detailed analysis of my application or for example a later stage extensive BC. Combine this with the "183 days+" & "not providing explanation for lack of PCC "claims and the fact that I returned to the GCC country for a while after landing in Canada may have triggered a" cosmetic "effect that this application may require a PCC because of the 183 days rule...That is why I should respond according to the formal communication from IRCC +do my full due diligence in elaborating the time frame for getting PCC while working on getting that from day one in the background, as I may need it anyways later on for both me and even my wife, regardless on fulfilling this specific ADR on time!

Last edited: