+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asivad and freinds your help needed please regarding the documents

Ustaad

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Hi,

I am almost done with scanning the docs and all.

During this course, to make some of the docs small in size, I have taken their screenshots on my Ipad, which is a high resolution, though small in size image that is a exact replica of the scanning. Can I just make those screenshots as pdf and upload? Would that work? or do CIC have some issues in regards to screenshots?

Please guide

Thanks in advance

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as the documents are legible and within the specified size limit, no problems on this front.

Ustaad

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Thanks a lot Asivad I have one more important question:

I am applying under FSW. I belong to NOC 6221 (Sales Engineer). My supervisor has referred to NOC 6221 webpage before writing the reference letter for me. As a result, the duties wrote by him in the letter sound like they sound similar to those mentioned in the NOC 6221. Of course the duties are not "copied", but one can easily tell that NOC website has been referred to, before writing the reference letter. In the letter he has explained 90% of the NOC 6221 duties in reference to the products/services my company gave and also paraphrased some of the words, but used some words same to same (which are too general to paraphrase!)

Now, I should not worry, as my duties should be similar/same as that of NOC 6221, because if they are not, I would be rejected

And at the same time, I should worry, if they sound too similar to that mentioned in the NOC wesbite, because then also I would be rejected

But since he has explained each duty a Sales Engineer (NOC 6221) does in relation to the products manufactured and the services given by my company, it should not be a problem?

Is it fine if VO comes to know that NOC website was referred to by the supervisor before writing the reference letter in case of FSW application? Afterall the NOC website is in place for a purpose right? Or should I mention in LOE that since I told my supervisor that I need this letter for Canada PR under FSW, he referred to the NOC website before writing a letter. Or will I be making it too complex by writing an LOE?

What should I do or am I fine? please suggest

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Someone did get rejected for copy pasting NOC duties so that is clearly a definite no. Getting 'inspired' by NOC duties is a grey area - might not raise any eyebrows or might make another officer smell a rat. The good thing here is that your responsibilities have references to your organization and their products and services.

Cannot comment conclusively without seeing your job responsibilities.

Ustaad

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Hi Asivad, I have just sent you a message in your inbox. I request to please have a look!! Thanks