+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

As an international student, am I allowed to send money to my home country?

samsepiol

Oct 21, 2019
Philippines
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Manila
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2020
Am I allowed to send money to my family in my home country? Can IRCC monitor my banking transactions? And will this possibly affect me when I apply for PGWP and PR someday? I read something before that this is not allowed but I am not sure if this is true.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Am I allowed to send money to my family in my home country? Can IRCC monitor my banking transactions? And will this possibly affect me when I apply for PGWP and PR someday? I read something before that this is not allowed but I am not sure if this is true.
Can you share the link where you read that from? at least understanding the content. But as far as I know, there is NO restriction in sending money to your home country provided it is your money earned from legitimate source, not laundering

samsepiol

Oct 21, 2019
Philippines
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Manila
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2020
Can you share the link where you read that from? at least understanding the content. But as far as I know, there is NO restriction in sending money to your home country provided it is your money earned from legitimate source, not laundering
I think it was a comment in this forum or another Facebook group. I could not find it anymore because it was from last year. From what I can remember, they said that because you are a student, your family back home should be the one to send you money. Not the other way around.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I think it was a comment in this forum or another Facebook group. I could not find it anymore because it was from last year. From what I can remember, they said that because you are a student, your family back home should be the one to send you money. Not the other way around.
Thats still not correct. Its general presumption but it is not a condition for your study permit

UU JH

Oct 31, 2022
Hi All!
How to carry money to Canada when leaving for study (cash/some other option)? And how much can I carry? Also, Is there any option to transfer all my savings to Canada before I travel? How can I use my money which is in my country to pay my uni fees in Canada?

Please guide me with whatever information you can.

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
The working hour restriction is already ended for int. students.
Students with allowed to work status are working so its obvious they are earning.
So its obvious they are free to consume their money in nay way. Sending money to home is fine thru legal channel. Its just make sure not to send in huge bulks. Choose a banking channel is always advisable.