+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ArriveCAN

SAMKOOL

Dec 4, 2020
The ArriveCAN app asks for a contact number (i.e. mobile number). Apparently, the reason for asking mobile number is to contact new immigrant during 14 days quarantine period.
Can somebody tell me how a new immigrant who arrives at Canadian airport can give mobile number of Canada as required by arriveCAN app.? He will have to buy mobile SIM, I suppose.
Is it possible if we can buy a mobile sim immediate after our arrival before immigration process, customs etc. and mention it using arriveCAN ?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
No, you won't be able to before Immigration. Provide the contact number of your spouse, friend, place where you are staying etc. so they can get in touch.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can also give them your non Canadian Mobile phone number.

Sundas Arooj

Nov 30, 2020
I have a question related to the purpose of the travel option in the ArriveCan form. My husband is coming on a spouse open work permit and we already got a written authorization letter from IRCC for a family reunion because I am in Canada on a study permit and we were eligible to apply for that.
ArriveCan form mentioned only immediate family members of permanent residents and Canadian citizens under the family reunion option. I am confused about which option should we select. If anyone else came to Canada after 20th November and was in the same situation please let me know how you deal with that. Thanks

Reactions: VIkramjdu

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
I have a question related to the purpose of the travel option in the ArriveCan form. My husband is coming on a spouse open work permit and we already got a written authorization letter from IRCC for a family reunion because I am in Canada on a study permit and we were eligible to apply for that.
ArriveCan form mentioned only immediate family members of permanent residents and Canadian citizens under the family reunion option. I am confused about which option should we select. If anyone else came to Canada after 20th November and was in the same situation please let me know how you deal with that. Thanks
I am also trying to figure this out. I would guess that someone landing as a PR would choose “other” since the alternative options don’t fit.

Mahir009

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Hi
I am coming under same situation. What option did you select in ArriveCAN can you please tell me. Did they give the open work permit if you came under family reunification? Please let me know @Sundas Arooj

Sundas Arooj

Nov 30, 2020
Hi
I am coming under same situation. What option did you select in ArriveCAN can you please tell me. Did they give the open work permit if you came under family reunification? Please let me know @Sundas Arooj
I chose family reunification because no other option suited us better than that. If you applied for an open work permit at the time of visa application then they will give you a permit on arrival.

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi
I chose family reunification because no other option suited us better than that. If you applied for an open work permit at the time of visa application then they will give you a permit on arrival.
CHOSE NONE-

vig123

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Hey guys, I am a permanent resident and my parents would be visiting me soon.
What category would they need to select in the arrive can app for the purpose of travel ? Is it reuniting with family or the tourist ?

Would appreciate your responses ! Thank you!