+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arrima Applications - Invited in 2019 by MIDI

Jo123456

Star Member
May 13, 2020
Imagine, I got invited on July 17th and got doc request on September 25th and still nothing.
They shouldn't invited me or at least not ask for my documents.
Yes and they are issuing thousands of CSQs for PEQ student in less than 20 business days.
& we are all only 2085 invited persons (Bill 9 victims and Non Bill 9 victims )

Edveigae

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
CSQ
Maybe they prioritize Bill 9 victims because we're waiting for our CSQ since 2016... It would be logic.
I disagree with the "logic" argument, the reason to change all the process was basically to bring the right immigrant at the right time to attend a market (job) gap, so if your NOC (or graduation or whatever...) is not in a deficit right now, you could've sent your application in 1990, why you should receive the CSQ before someone that can fill that gap right away? And let's be honest, "bill 9 victim"? we are applying to come and build a life here, why the government would process the way we want to do so? The federal govt did the same when they implemented the Express entry and now we see how fast and fair is the process: bringing the right people at the right time. I understand the situation and anguish of everyone, but I don't agree that someone with a low profile receives the CSQ before someone who has a better profile, doesn't matter when both applied for. Time is not the right way to prioritize this process, I'm tired to see the "whining" around the "bill 9 victims" move on guys, if your profile is not the right one for Quebec, do something to become the right one and stop whining, if you applied in 2016 or before and didn't receive your CSQ yet, I'm sorry, but at some point the govt needed to take this decision to reset the process and starting doing that based on the market deficit, or you want to come to Quebec without the right job for you? just my opinion guys...

Last edited:
Reactions: mkukku

Nikos1978

Jan 8, 2020
Quebec - Quebec City
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-06-2020
AOR Received.
12-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
01-10-2021
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2021
What is the Quota limit ? does anybody know!
18800 skilled workers max

But with the Covid-19 I'm not sure it will be a problem.

RK2017

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Calgary
Job Offer........
Yes
I disagree with the "logic" argument, the reason to change all the process was basically to bring the right immigrant at the right time to attend a market (job) gap, so if your NOC (or graduation or whatever...) is not in a deficit right now, you could've sent your application in 1990, why you should receive the CSQ before someone that can fill that gap right away? And let's be honest, "bill 9 victim"? we are applying to come and build a life here, why the government would process the way we want to do so? The federal govt did the same when they implemented the Express entry and now we see how fast and fair is the process: bringing the right people at the right time. I understand the situation and anguish of everyone, but I don't agree that someone with a low profile receives the CSQ before someone who has a better profile, doesn't matter when both applied for. Time is not the right way to prioritize this process, I'm tired to see the "whining" around the "bill 9 victims" move on guys, if your profile is not the right one for Quebec, do something to become the right one and stop whining, if you applied in 2016 or before and didn't receive your CSQ yet, I'm sorry, but at some point the govt needed to take this decision to reset the process and starting doing that based on the market deficit, or you want to come to Quebec without the right job for you? just my opinion guys...
I know someone who was affected by Bill 9 and they got tired and they moved to Calgary during last Christmas. and they got their federal PR too in express entry.

Reactions: Edveigae

Jo123456

Star Member
May 13, 2020
I agree with your opinion in general
But this actually not our case, all people here (non bill 9 victims) has VJO (Validated Job offers) , so most are working in multinational companies (In Quebec branches ). so we should be on the top market needs.

federal govt is doing the opposite now (during pandemic )they are issuing all express entry to the people with VJO through Canadian experience class (CEC) program

Reactions: Edveigae

Edveigae

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
CSQ
I know someone who was affected by Bill 9 and they got tired and they moved to Calgary during last Christmas. and they got their federal PR too in express entry.
I think I said before if you have the change, get out of Quebec, I love this province but wow... the MIDI is sort of torture to all of us, I hope this new system brings some improvements in the future.

Edveigae

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
CSQ
I agree with your opinion in general
But this actually not our case, all people here (non bill 9 victims) has VJO (Validated Job offers) , so most are working in multinational companies (In Quebec branches ). so we should be on the top market needs.

federal govt is doing the opposite now (during pandemic )they are issuing all express entry to the people with VJO through Canadian experience class (CEC) program
It's my case, already working with VJO and now renewing the work permit with all that LMIA/CAQ documents that take forever and it's expensive. Anyway, I wish I could go through the express entry and move to another province.

Reactions: KhanD

Nikos1978

Jan 8, 2020
Quebec - Quebec City
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-06-2020
AOR Received.
12-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
01-10-2021
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2021
Nobody from bill 9 victims have a low profile... Because we live in Québec, we work in Québec and most of us speak french. Period.

Edveigae

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
CSQ
Nobody from bill 9 victims have a low profile... Because we live in Québec, we work in Québec and most of us speak french. Period.
Well, those who speak French have the option to apply through PEQ. And the selection is based on the market now, it doesn't matter if you applied in 2016 or 2020, it's not because someone is part of the bill 9 would have priority now. And the low or high profile is based on the market needs, we all know that it can change anytime. My point is, the argument that the guys before bill 9 would have priority now... why?!

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Well, those who speak French have the option to apply through PEQ. And the selection is based on the market now, it doesn't matter if you applied in 2016 or 2020, it's not because someone is part of the bill 9 would have priority now. And the low or high profile is based on the market needs, we all know that it can change anytime. My point is, the argument that the guys before bill 9 would have priority now... why?!
Well because we have been waiting for it for a longer time? Which also implies that we have had a longer stay in Quebec and so many other things that I can think of.....

Reactions: Nikos1978

Edveigae

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
CSQ
Well because we have been waiting for it for a longer time? Which also implies that we have had a longer stay in Quebec and so many other things that I can think of.....
The process changed, it's a fact! let's deal with it, if the market is requiring a group of NOCs that you are not part of, you will wait your turn, if you are here for 10 or 20 years, but the market is not asking for your NOC there is nothing to do, it's unfair to process the CSQ based on time. If you are here for a long time with all the human and social facts implicit you have other options, learn french for example and apply through PEQ. after 3-4 years living in Quebec is time to learn something (French), otherwise why you've chosen Quebec...

bergg

Aug 23, 2019
The process changed, it's a fact! let's deal with it, if the market is requiring a group of NOCs that you are not part of, you will wait your turn, if you are here for 10 or 20 years, but the market is not asking for your NOC there is nothing to do, it's unfair to process the CSQ based on time. If you are here for a long time with all the human and social facts implicit you have other options, learn french for example and apply through PEQ. after 3-4 years living in Quebec is time to learn something (French), otherwise why you've chosen Quebec...
Well Edveigae, I think you should also wait for 3-4 years on work permit, learn french and then apply for PEQ as you suggested to Bill 9 victims. Do not forget that these people waited for several years to get CSQ, and their applications were simply cancelled. When Mon Orojet was first introduced, applicants were promised to receive their CSQs very fast, as it was new, online system and had pointing system that was based on market needs. Does this sound familiar to you?

Reactions: Nikos1978