+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arrima Applications - Invited in 2019 by MIDI

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
You can they will issue you a temporary permit only if you apply along with your PR application[/QUOTE
My lawyer told me that if you get csq then we cant get your work permit through CSQ ,you have to apply LMIA so i dnt understand what i have to do for extend my stay

KhanD

Dec 2, 2019
My lawyer told me that if you get csq then we cant get your work permit through CSQ ,you have to apply LMIA so i dnt understand what i have to do for extend my stay
LMIA would take longer than getting PR i took me 10 months for the LMIA and they will issue you a temporary permit
Talk to another lawyer always take the advice from 3-4 lawyers before taking any step. Them lawyers are white collar thieves

mani3154

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Congrats again! BTW, what's your major/domain in university? I want to know whether they will treat the files by the order of number or give some priority to specific major. Thx.
I have done DEC in insurance and financial advisory services. 3 yrs

Although it is in the list, which was issued by QC immigration but I don't think that affects anything.

After you are invited, you just need to provide proof to justify your points.

I work in Insurance as a professional, and there was a question where they ask if you are regulated by any authority. In my case it is AMF.

mani3154

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
hello,congrats alot ,its really a good news for u and for us as well .
I have a question do you know if someone's PG work permit expired and he got visitor extension just to stay in canada so after that if he get csq in a mean time then he is eligible for closed work permit? he can change his status from visitor to work permit? and with only valid csq he can live in Canada until he get PR?
In my opinion, there is an option to get a closed work permit with a valid CSQ. So the status will be changed to worker.

Remember, there should not be even a single day when someone's status was invalid and he/she was staying in Canada. Canada do not make any compromise with illegal stays.

Assuming you were legally staying at all times in Canada. You should be good.

Reactions: KhanD

mani3154

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
LMIA would take longer than getting PR i took me 10 months for the LMIA and they will issue you a temporary permit
Talk to another lawyer always take the advice from 3-4 lawyers before taking any step. Them lawyers are white collar thieves
Yea. Always consult to get a second or third opinion.

Hassananwar1

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Sharing my thoughts :
My file is between 400-500 , received invitation in july, submitted mon application in july, received doc request nov 11 .
What i think is people are who in quebec and have VJO do get some priority. Else people who are in 100-300 should have received doc request already. Dont know what the exact criteria is .
I need one information did you apply again for the VJO in my case first I applied on June 2018 with VJO then application cancelled due to the bill 9 applied again got invitation july 04 in August they asked me for the renewal of the VJO that I renewed.

I would like to ask you did I need to send that renewed VJO or not ? Or wait for the documents request. Usually VJO also renewed by the MIDI.

What about in your case did you renewed it or not ?

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
My file number is 746, still in Quebec. Still no document request, the only update MIDI gives currently is that you have to wait. The processing time is 6 months. Hopefully they will/should respect this timeline this time around.
you have valid work or any other permit to stay in Quebec or Canda?

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
Thanks, yes they only care about money i will check it out and if some one get any valid information regarding this point then please let me inform ,Thanks

KhanD

Dec 2, 2019
Thanks, yes they only care about money i will check it out and if some one get any valid information regarding this point then please let me inform ,Thanks
See a immigration lawyer not consultant. Them desi consultants would only help you if u have a easy case, this is something lawyers are suppose to do. They will charge for consultation but it would be very useful. Good Luck
I was in a same position or i should say worse i had a visitor record too but it was gonne get expired before the csq so i had to proceed towards the LMIA option while csq was pending. You might be lucky in this case hopefully when u get ur CSQ u are eligible for the permit but u will have 60 days window to apply for it means u need to send two applications one for PR another for linked permit.

Hubertzh

Star Member
May 8, 2018
I have done DEC in insurance and financial advisory services. 3 yrs

Although it is in the list, which was issued by QC immigration but I don't think that affects anything.

After you are invited, you just need to provide proof to justify your points.

I work in Insurance as a professional, and there was a question where they ask if you are regulated by any authority. In my case it is AMF.
Ok. Great. Thanks my friend.

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
See a immigration lawyer not consultant. Them desi consultants would only help you if u have a easy case, this is something lawyers are suppose to do. They will charge for consultation but it would be very useful. Good Luck
I was in a same position or i should say worse i had a visitor record too but it was gonne get expired before the csq so i had to proceed towards the LMIA option while csq was pending. You might be lucky in this case hopefully when u get ur CSQ u are eligible for the permit but u will have 60 days window to apply for it means u need to send two applications one for PR another for linked permit.
How many time did you apply for visitor extension and for how long did you get it?
Actually this condition is worst too because visitor visa is going to expire next month and if i apply again then i dont know they will give again or not so desperately waiting for csq before expiration of status , and LMIA is very lenghty process i guess. .