+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arranged Offer Points for LMIA Exempt Closed Work Permit

SZC

Jan 27, 2021
Hi - I am on valid ICT LMIA exempt closed work permit with almost 2 years of work experience in Canada with my employer. I have updated the Express Entry profile with these details but i am not seeing the Arranged Employment 50 points getting added to my CRS score. I updated the profile yesterday but the points are not reflecting. Would anyone be able to advise as to what the reason could be. Thanks a lot.

SZC

Jan 27, 2021
Hi . Thank you. Yes i meet the criteria. I am on LMIA exempt company specific WP. So was unable to understand why the score is not getting updated. Perhaps i am not selecting the right fields in application? Would you be able to advise any fields that definitely need to have a particular value for the points to start reflecting

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi . Thank you. Yes i meet the criteria. I am on LMIA exempt company specific WP. So was unable to understand why the score is not getting updated. Perhaps i am not selecting the right fields in application? Would you be able to advise any fields that definitely need to have a particular value for the points to start reflecting
Do you have a new offer of employment?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi . Yes i meet the criteria. I am on LMIA exempt company specific WP. So was unable to understand why the score is not getting updated.
Which criteria do you meet as it can’t just be company specific/inter company transfer? Also do you have a job offer for one year after you receive PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Which criteria do you meet as it can’t just be company specific/inter company transfer? Also do you have a job offer for one year after you receive PR?
OP is on an ICT which is an LMIA exempt visa and per their first post has been working in Canada for around two years. This makes them eligible to claim the 50 points without an LMIA provided the employer gives them a letter stating they will continue to employ them for a year after they become a PR. It seems pretty clear they should be eligible for the 50 points.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi - I am on valid ICT LMIA exempt closed work permit with almost 2 years of work experience in Canada with my employer. I have updated the Express Entry profile with these details but i am not seeing the Arranged Employment 50 points getting added to my CRS score. I updated the profile yesterday but the points are not reflecting. Would anyone be able to advise as to what the reason could be. Thanks a lot.
You should be eligible for the 50 points based on the information you've provided. It's possible your Express Entry profile is still being updated or possible you answered a question incorrectly in your profile and that's the reason why you aren't getting the 50 points.

Can you write out your answers to each of the questions your Express Entry profile related to your current job and job offer? That may help to spot an error.

SZC

Jan 27, 2021
You should be eligible for the 50 points based on the information you've provided. It's possible your Express Entry profile is still being updated or possible you answered a question incorrectly in your profile and that's the reason why you aren't getting the 50 points.

Can you write out your answers to each of the questions your Express Entry profile related to your current job and job offer? That may help to spot an error.
Yes. I have a letter from my employer as well for the post PR situation. I will share the field values in some time. Thank you for inputs.

SZC

Jan 27, 2021
Thank you to all for the replies. I think i figured it out when i opened the profile again. For the question - Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? I had selected No. Whereas i should have selected Yes.
I appreciate all of your responses.