+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arranged employment

Sep 9, 2009
Hi there can anyone tell me the definition of arranged employment as I have a job offer but its just an informal offer I.E once I get perm residence they will take me on. Here is the definition from the London CIC site

You do not intend to work in Canada before being issued a permanent resident visa, you do not hold a temporary work permit, and
the employer has made an offer to employ you on an indeterminate basis once the permanent resident visa is issued; and
your permanent job offer has received a positive labour market opinion from HRSDC. You cannot apply to HRSDC for a labour market opinion yourself. Your potential employer must apply for you.
you meet the Canadian licensing or regulatory requirements for the job.

I know this may sound stupid but option A I have right?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

386504 said:
Hi there can anyone tell me the definition of arranged employment as I have a job offer but its just an informal offer I.E once I get perm residence they will take me on. Here is the definition from the London CIC site

You do not intend to work in Canada before being issued a permanent resident visa, you do not hold a temporary work permit, and
the employer has made an offer to employ you on an indeterminate basis once the permanent resident visa is issued; and
your permanent job offer has received a positive labour market opinion from HRSDC. You cannot apply to HRSDC for a labour market opinion yourself. Your potential employer must apply for you.
you meet the Canadian licensing or regulatory requirements for the job.

I know this may sound stupid but option A I have right?
Nope, if you are not working in Canada on a work permit, you require an Approved Employment Option from HRSDC to get the points for arranged employment option.

PMM

hao8165

Feb 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
13-10-2009
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11-05-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
23-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2010 (In person)
For AEO, your potential employer has to send the job offer to HRSDC to get the approval. They have to show that the job offer is genuine, you meet the qualifications, and the compensation is comparable to similar jobs in the industry. In other words, your employer has to sponsor your immigration, and is willing to hold the job till you get your residency. Otherwise, you cannot apply under the AEO category.