+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arranged Employment showing as "0" in CRS even though NOC A with Code 2171

Argee5285

May 4, 2019
Do we know the format of the intent letter which needs to be sent to the CIC, stating that employer shall have the job for one year post PR. I am on a closed work permit and is apply for PR on my own and is trying to claim additional 50 points of arranged employment. My company has only provided me offer letter.

limgi89

Jun 28, 2018
i also have 0 score in arranged employment when i submitted my file. what could be the problem. here are my answers
thank you for your help in advance.

Does Candidate have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:
• be for full-time and for at least one year
• meet different requirements depending on the type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
• be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
Yes

Information about the job offer
Is this job offer for work that is:

• full-time
• continuous and
• for at least one year?
Yes

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal?
Yes

Four-digit NOC code Help

Job title
Store Supervisor

Information about the employer or company
How many employers made this job offer?

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):

An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
No

An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
No

Employer or company name Help
abc

Contact address of employer or company Help
abc

Intended location of employment in Canada
Province or territory

Ontario

City/town
oakville

Street address
123 street A1A 1A1

Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? Help

No

Is Candidate currently working in Canada?
Yes

Does Candidate have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? Help
Yes

Is Candidate's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
NO (Open Work Permit)

Has Candidate been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) Help
Yes

Four digit NOC code of current work permit
6211- retail sales supervisor

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? Help
5 options:
Yes
No
No - My Work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to an International Agreement
No - My Work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to a Federal Provincial Agreement
No - My Work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and employer specific

I answered No

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i also have 0 score in arranged employment when i submitted my file. what could be the problem. here are my answers
thank you for your help in advance.

Does Candidate have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:
• be for full-time and for at least one year
• meet different requirements depending on the type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
• be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
Yes

Information about the job offer
Is this job offer for work that is:

• full-time
• continuous and
• for at least one year?
Yes

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal?
Yes

Four-digit NOC code Help

Job title
Store Supervisor

Information about the employer or company
How many employers made this job offer?

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):

An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
No

An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
No

Employer or company name Help
abc

Contact address of employer or company Help
abc

Intended location of employment in Canada
Province or territory

Ontario

City/town
oakville

Street address
123 street A1A 1A1

Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? Help

No

Is Candidate currently working in Canada?
Yes

Does Candidate have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? Help
Yes

NO (Open Work Permit)

Has Candidate been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) Help
Yes

Four digit NOC code of current work permit
6211- retail sales supervisor

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? Help
5 options:
Yes
No
No - My Work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to an International Agreement
No - My Work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to a Federal Provincial Agreement
No - My Work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and employer specific

I answered No
There's no issue here, you are working on an open work permit so you do not have a valid job offer and do not qualify for the 50 points for having one.

Reactions: scylla

limgi89

Jun 28, 2018
what should i answer in this question? i have BSN degree back home and ECA equivalent to two year diploma. but i also studied 2 Canadian diploma certificate.

4) What is your level of education?

Enter the highest level of education for which you:

• earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate or
  • had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you did your study outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)
Note: a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate must either have been earned at an accredited Canadian university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute in Canada. Distance learning counts, but only if it made up less than half your study.

amrit123

Sep 11, 2019
There's no issue here, you are working on an open work permit so you do not have a valid job offer and do not qualify for the 50 points for having one.

So this means if I'm on an open work permit and eligible for Canadian Experience Class, I won't be getting those 50 points. But that makes my overall point so low. what should I do about it?

bseer3

Aug 14, 2018
Yes.. I think the below is the only difference to get those 50 points. If it is yes.. you will get 50 points more. You can test your score once by changing the option to 'yes' just to confirm if that is making the difference. But not sure why on that condition of having open/closed permit they give us 50 additional points.

NO (Open Work Permit)

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
So this means if I'm on an open work permit and eligible for Canadian Experience Class, I won't be getting those 50 points. But that makes my overall point so low. what should I do about it?
Nothing you can do besides trying to get an LMIA-approved, closed work-permit job. The 50 points are specifically for that class of people.

shash786

Sep 28, 2018
Hi,

I am facing same issue. I have received ITA with 50 points for arranged employment. I am working under NOC 2171 in CANADA for past 2 years and my closed work permit is valid till 2021. After, uploading all the documents when I was about to submit my application I checked preview score and saw that these 50 points have been deducted turning my profile ineligible. I have all necessary documents from my Canadian employer and I don't know why this happened. I still have 10 days to submit application. Kindly help with what options I have? I have uploaded all the documents on Friday 27Sept 2019.

Moni05

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hi guys,

I need some guidance. My NOC for current job in country of residence falls under skill level A - NOC 2171, however, I am getting a job offer under Skill level C - 6552. My consultant is telling me to go ahead and take the risk and get the LMIA. He has advised that when I apply for PR, I might be called for interview with the immigration to justify why I am moving to Canada for a much lower skilled job. A>C.. He has advised that I can justify and clarify in the interview to them and that it will not be a big deal. Can anyone guide me if its the right move? Anyone faced a similar situation previously?

Please let me know as I am losing time.

Thanks.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
IT
Hi guys,

I need some guidance. My NOC for current job in country of residence falls under skill level A - NOC 2171, however, I am getting a job offer under Skill level C - 6552. My consultant is telling me to go ahead and take the risk and get the LMIA. He has advised that when I apply for PR, I might be called for interview with the immigration to justify why I am moving to Canada for a much lower skilled job. A>C.. He has advised that I can justify and clarify in the interview to them and that it will not be a big deal. Can anyone guide me if its the right move? Anyone faced a similar situation previously?

Please let me know as I am losing time.

Thanks.
It's not the lower skill level that will be an issue - it's the authenticity of the offer. Why would a Canadian company hire a foreign worker for a low skilled job that can be done by many people who are already in Canada? If you were a student or something, that might make sense, but if you're currently living in your home country, this will raise a red flag.

How did you get this job offer? Did your consultant arrange it?

Moni05

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
IT

It's not the lower skill level that will be an issue - it's the authenticity of the offer. Why would a Canadian company hire a foreign worker for a low skilled job that can be done by many people who are already in Canada? If you were a student or something, that might make sense, but if you're currently living in your home country, this will raise a red flag.

How did you get this job offer? Did your consultant arrange it?
Thanks for your response. My consultant referred me a couple of jobs..and I cleared the interview with this particular employer. It is pretty authentic as it's a known organisation. I have got the offer havent accepted yet. As soon as I do that they will apply for LMIA. Based on which consultant will apply for PNP.

ValGonzal

Star Member
May 29, 2021
Thanks for your response. My consultant referred me a couple of jobs..and I cleared the interview with this particular employer. It is pretty authentic as it's a known organisation. I have got the offer havent accepted yet. As soon as I do that they will apply for LMIA. Based on which consultant will apply for PNP.
Brother, did your progress went good? high wage work exp to low wage lmia: was this smooth on your part.