+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arranged Employment showing as "0" in CRS even though NOC A with Code 2171

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of the answers for those questions has to be "No, LMIA exempt" or something like that (can't recall the actual answer).

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Am I talking to a wall?

Make the change and wait 24 hrs for your points to be updated.

Shakeel Shaikh

Mar 14, 2017
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? Help

5 options:
Yes
No
No - My Work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to an International Agreement
No - My Work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to a Federal Provincial Agreement
No - My Work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and employer specific

I mentioned as `No` earlier. Which would be the right option.

adanac_ati

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
That explains why you dint get 50 points.

The answer should be :
No - My Work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and employer specific

vaishalig

Mar 26, 2017
I on ICT work permit working in Canada for more than one year for the same employer.

In my PR profile, I have selected that I have a valid job offer.

I will get a experience letter from my employer stating my current role and responsibilities.However to prove that I have a valid job offer from the same employer, they are okay to add one line in my experience letter stating that I will be employed with them for minimum one year after my PR. They are agreeing to provide any other job offer letter other than just adding that one line in my experience letter.

In that case, is that experience letter with that one statement included in the letter is sufficient to prove that you have a valid job offer?

Please advise on this.

Kingharshal

Jun 10, 2017
Hi,
I need some help and have a slightly different scenario. I am on an open work permit from July 2016 to July 2020. I completed 15 months working under NOC A 2171.
Oct 2016 to Feb 2018= 15 months. Express entry criteria met with 439 points as of 30th Nov 2017.
Now the company has offered me a permanent position and I have a valid Job offer from them which I have accepted. Shall I be 50 points for arranged employment? I updated my application as following-

Does Candidate have a job offer in Canada?

The offer must:
• be for full-time and for at least one year
• meet different requirements depending on the type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
• be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
Yes

Information about the job offer
Is this job offer for work that is:

• full-time
• continuous and
• for at least one year?
Yes

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal?
Yes

Four-digit NOC code Help

Job title
Quality Assurance Analyst

Information about the employer or company
How many employers made this job offer?

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):

An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
No

An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
No

Employer or company name Help
XYZ

Contact address of employer or company Help
XYZ

Intended location of employment in Canada
Province or territory

Ontario

City/town
Toronto

Street address
123 street A1A 1A1

Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? Help

No

Is Candidate currently working in Canada?
Yes

Does Candidate have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? Help
Yes

Is Candidate's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
NO (Open Work Permit)

Has Candidate been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) Help
Yes

Four digit NOC code of current work permit
2171- Information Systems Analysts and Consultants

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? Help
5 options:
Yes
No
No - My Work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to an International Agreement
No - My Work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to a Federal Provincial Agreement

I mentioned `No` Which would be the right option.

Would appreciate all the feedback I could get.
Thank you :)

sbbrampton

May 31, 2018
I have same situation. Been 2 days but did not get arranged employment point. Do we get these point only after completing 1 year with the employer on WP.
I have Closed WP with non seasonal jib offer, LMIa exempt being company specific, not completed 1 year though. Someone please advise.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have same situation. Been 2 days but did not get arranged employment point. Do we get these point only after completing 1 year with the employer on WP.
I have Closed WP with non seasonal jib offer, LMIa exempt being company specific, not completed 1 year though. Someone please advise.
Correct.

sbbrampton

May 31, 2018
Doesnt make much sense to me, 1 year has a separate point. It looked to me that these points are granted if you have offer for next 1 year.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doesnt make much sense to me, 1 year has a separate point. It looked to me that these points are granted if you have offer for next 1 year.
Makes perfect sense to me:

"
if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/offer-employment.html

RMadrid13

Aug 5, 2018
Hi guys, I also need some help regarding my profile. The questionnaire looks pretty much the same as Kingharshal's, but CRS - Arranged Employment is still showing 0. Any ideas why this might be? Have been working for the same employer for over a year under the same work permit, the only difference is my job is type B.