+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arranged employment doubts

sudhirn

Dec 25, 2013
fkl said:
And by the way for highly skilled positions, it is pretty easy for companies to prove they cannot hire Canadians, because there aren't any with eligible skill sets :). Though i agree this wont hold for unskilled positions. Just for a little info, there are openings posted on my employer's website for over a year's time often and really occasionally get filled. This is only because they ask for PRIOR specific experience in the domain, which is relatively uncommon.
My skill is in software engineering, i am expert in some framework, which are not that common in canada, I have researched, and there are very few developers available with enough experience in that framework, and those who knows the framework are likely to have job else where and may not want to move.

Si I believe, LMO can be accepted, even if there are some skilled professionals for that position, but they are probably not intrested in that job, or my employer dont find them suitable, if some if them come for interview.

prasprime

Dec 16, 2013
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All the best sudhirn :) Keep the forum Updated.

sudhirn said:
My skill is in software engineering, i am expert in some framework, which are not that common in canada, I have researched, and there are very few developers available with enough experience in that framework, and those who knows the framework are likely to have job else where and may not want to move.

Si I believe, LMO can be accepted, even if there are some skilled professionals for that position, but they are probably not intrested in that job, or my employer dont find them suitable, if some if them come for interview.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
prasprime said:
Hello Fkl, Even though, i think you need a LMO. If they are hiring a foreigner?
Hi prasprime,

I agree that every one (foreigner) needs an LMO. I am just saying whether the skill is on some shortage list or not - is irrelevant.

As long as there is an employer WHO NEEDS those skills, and has not been able to find those in Canada - demonstrated by posting jobs for a while and not getting filled, and the foreigner's profile seem to show they got the skills, they are good to go.

cee12345

Dec 23, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC in Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-12-2014 (Received in Ottawa on May-14-2014)
Doc's Request.
Sent PCC on Sep-4-2014 (without any request from CIC)
AOR Received.
June-25-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Dec-22-2014
Med's Done....
Dec-23-2014 (by Dr. Gabor Lantos - Uploaded via eMedical on Jan-13-2015. ECAS updated to Medical Received on Jan-16-2015)
Passport Req..
March 23, 2015 at 9:37PM (ECAS Status changed to Decision Made on March 24, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2015
LANDED..........
May 10, 2015
prasprime said:
Hello Fkl, Even though, i think you need a LMO. If they are hiring a foreigner?
I agree aside from the Job Offer, you will require an LMO to go with this route.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
cee12345 said:
I agree aside from the Job Offer, you will require an LMO to go with this route.
Most certainly, LMO is part of mandatory process, unless you are in an LMO exempted profession situation for e.g. Post Doc in a Canadian University does not require an LMO, plu i have heard there are certain LMO exempted professions too, but dont know the details.

The point is, for a fairly high skilled position, getting a job offer is more critical, because you need a credible employer who is looking for those skills. Once that is through, getting LMO is not a big deal. Of course there are notorious cases for LMO delays, but then there are many of LMO abuse as well i.e. an uncle pretending to bring in his grand son as an employee for his shop.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
getting an LMO is a big deal,its really hard to get now and the canadian govrnment has became very strict with the rules since the outsourcing of jobs by BMO to east indians,plus the chinese miner in BC who hired from china even though he could filled the jobs from within canada since there are enough skilled and qualified canadian citizens and permanent residence to fill those positions.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
canadavisa13 said:
getting an LMO is a big deal,its really hard to get now and the canadian govrnment has became very strict with the rules since the outsourcing of jobs by BMO to east indians,plus the chinese miner in BC who hired from china even though he could filled the jobs from within canada since there are enough skilled and qualified canadian citizens and permanent residence to fill those positions.
I have been through all those rule changes (in fact my process suffered a lot because of this - so i know most of details inside out)

It is a big deal ONLY IF YOUR CASE IS KIND OF NOT GENUINE i.e. I repeat "if you have a job offer for which there are no / few qualified Canadians, and job has been posted a while and description clearly shows it is tough one to get, AND THE CANDIDATE's profile matches, it shouldn't be a big issue".

The reforms occurred around April 2013 and LMO's were delayed since then. Two of my to be colleagues got LMO's with in 30-35 days around Aug to Oct 2013 time frame. But they were both for highly skilled positions in IT demanding SPECIFIC experience in a technology with like 5+ years of experience.

One aspect that might play a role is an employer's past history of LMO's and nature of work.

So i am only trying to say is, if you are an expert in a specific domain and an employer needs that, it shouldn't be that tough to get LMO. Just that it would be subjected to a little more scrutiny and hence more time.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
i agree for the most part but now a days most of the employers are not willing to go through the hassle of applying for an LMO,its changing a lot just compared to couple of years ago.
if you have lived in canada for years you will understand from which side im talking.
once again its not impossible but really hard to get and if you can convince an employer to file an LMO for you then the wait time begans.
also expect a lot of tight rules for LMO in the coming months for sure.

tee1

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
sudhirn said:
Hello,

There's a company in canada, being run by a friend, its a legally registered private software development firm.
I am a software engineer with 9 years of experience. Now I have following questions regarding arranged employment.

- If the company owner gets arranged employment opinion from hrdc, does my skill still needs to be under FSW occupation list which are in shortage for that year. (Note, I am a computer engineer, the computer programmer occupation is there in FSW list this year, but i am not sure if it will be there next year)

- What is the rule regarding minimum period of time for which I have to work for the same company. Say my friend arranged employment for me in his company, I get PR based on that, for what mimimum duration I must work for the same company.

- How much time does it take normally to get the PR (indian applicant applying from india), given that I have arranged employment and offer letter. I know no quota cap applies in this case, and application will get priority.
If you have a job offer have you considered the PNP? The processing time for initial nomination would likely be the same as LMO prossessing time and you could apply for a TWP at nomination point without the need for a LMO. Just another route to consider.

Good luck

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
tee1 said:
If you have a job offer have you considered the PNP? The processing time for initial nomination would likely be the same as LMO prossessing time and you could apply for a TWP at nomination point without the need for a LMO. Just another route to consider.

Good luck
+1, i had no idea that Initial nomination is that quick. By the way do you mean a month's time frame by that? Or are you suggesting LMO these days takes a lot longer on the average?

sudhirn

Dec 25, 2013
tee1 said:

Good luck
I dont quite understand what is it. May you expand pl!

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi fkl,

to apply for nomination most of the programs require the applicant to be in canada and have worked for the nominating employer full time for a period (usually around 6 to 8 months) and the employer offer a valid permanent full time job offer for the applicant to be considered as a nominee plus meet the rest of the provincial criteria for the nominee stream under which you are applying to.
nominations are used for the sole of applying and becoming a permanent resident and not the intention to receive a work permit but once nominated the province can issue a work permit support letter that you can use along with a job offer from your employer to apply for a wok permit without needing to go through the hassle of the LMO route.
if i remember well FKL i think you are coming to montreal,unfortunately quebec does not have a provincial nominee program but they operate their own immigration programs(you need to obtain a certificat de selection de quebec) to apply for a permanent residence.you can check the quebec immigration website for more informations.

good luck :)

actonis

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
tee1 said:

Good luck
I thing that he needs first to enter canada and to start fork before he apply for PNP which is free.
If he get nominated than he can apply for FSW once inside Canada

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
again actonis stop giving false statements for god sake.
PNP is not free in all provinces,for example there is a fee if applying to ontario-british columbia.for quebec its not free as well.
once nominated he can send his application to cic as a pnp applicant for the federal part of the process which consist of admisibilty(criminality,security and medical),he will also needs to pay $550 processing fees and $490 permanent residence fees once his application is approved.
the FSW that you referred to in your post is irrelevant to the pnp because it stands for(federal skilled worker) which is a different category by its own and has nothing to do with pnp.

actonis

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Getting LMO in my experience is not a big deal if the offer is genuine and the company is in good standing.
If the company does not have any or many foreign workers that in the eyes of service Canada is good indicator that they don't try to offload their work to foreign cheaper workers but that when they request an LMO they really need that person coz they can't find Canadian.
Also it depends on your qualifications, I got LMO for sys admin job, but I had my master diploma and 20+ international certificates (mostly Microsoft), so my employer when he made the add for the job, he stated that he minimum qualifications are masters diploma and all of those certifications.
Well... no Canadian applied :) .... its case by case situation... if you want to get LMO for a restoration chef.. it might be hard... except you are a a guy from Andorra and there is Andorran Restoration there so they need chef with specific knowledge of the Andorran food... (just example as andorra has 30 000 inhabitants so no competition there).

Also when the company apply for LMO, it has to report how many people was fired in the last year..., the income it made... so if you find good company, and you are good professional, getting and LMO should not be a problem.

Keep in mind that if you want to apply for FSW as to get PR you need LMO for permanent job offer, if you get an LMO for lets say estimate job duration of 36 months you can't apply for FSW because you have LMO for temp work.

The best route is to apply for LMO for temp work, to apply for temp visa online, go to Canada, once inside get permanent job offer and apply for FSW.
If you apply for FSW once inside Canada you don't need LMO if you already work as temp worker and you received your temp worker visa based on positive LMO. (I plan to do this for myself)

Another option is to go to service Canada and ask about how to get PNP (which I plan once I enter Canada). I know that you need permanent job offer and they will nominate you.. after which you need to apply again for FSW but you'll have better chances, because you need to reach 67 points to get FSW.

Or last option, work for a year and then apply for CEC.