+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arranged employment doubts

sudhirn

Dec 25, 2013
Hello,

There's a company in canada, being run by a friend, its a legally registered private software development firm.
I am a software engineer with 9 years of experience. Now I have following questions regarding arranged employment.

- If the company owner gets arranged employment opinion from hrdc, does my skill still needs to be under FSW occupation list which are in shortage for that year. (Note, I am a computer engineer, the computer programmer occupation is there in FSW list this year, but i am not sure if it will be there next year)

- What is the rule regarding minimum period of time for which I have to work for the same company. Say my friend arranged employment for me in his company, I get PR based on that, for what mimimum duration I must work for the same company.

- How much time does it take normally to get the PR (indian applicant applying from india), given that I have arranged employment and offer letter. I know no quota cap applies in this case, and application will get priority.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
The very first question, why are you considering PR as the only way? In general if an employer wants to hire some one, they do so via temp foreign worker program, whose processing times are far far better than PR FSW's in general.

This comes with the added restriction that an employee can work up to a max 4 years on twp and on a closed work permit, so cannot work for any one else and would need to redo the whole process if intends to switch job.

For a comparison a normal FSW would take a couple years at least where as twp can be processed as fast as 2-3 months in total. Keeping in mind, there is no issue of role being on occupation list at all if you have a job offer and applying in the above program.

sudhirn

Dec 25, 2013
The point is, I ultimately want to move to canada on PR, Yes, i know temporary work permit is much faster, so what I am considering is, applying for PR and then getting the temporary work permit with the same company. As I have read, I can get work permit, even when I have applied for PR.

I read on cic that when you have a job offer to back your PR application, it gets priority and normally processed within 11 months. How true is this !

prasprime

Dec 16, 2013
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello sudhirn. It depend if you have a LMO paper and if are applying for PR the process is likely faster. But the hurting fact is many Indians who live in US in various visa's like H1 Serious are more in number trying to find job in Canada and Settling down(Applying for PR). My best answer for you is to apply for WP, if you hold a positive LMO. If you want to really apply for PR. Then apply and forget it. It god's grace to get the PR. You need to submit tons of Application, fees, proof, etc. (Really annoying). All the best. I hope i provided some information.

sudhirn said:
The point is, I ultimately want to move to canada on PR, Yes, i know temporary work permit is much faster, so what I am considering is, applying for PR and then getting the temporary work permit with the same company. As I have read, I can get work permit, even when I have applied for PR.

I read on cic that when you have a job offer to back your PR application, it gets priority and normally processed within 11 months. How true is this !

sudhirn

Dec 25, 2013
prasprime said:
Hello sudhirn. It depend if you have a LMO paper and if are applying for PR the process is likely faster. But the hurting fact is many Indians who live in US in various visa's like H1 Serious are more in number trying to find job in Canada and Settling down(Applying for PR). My best answer for you is to apply for WP, if you hold a positive LMO. If you want to really apply for PR. Then apply and forget it. It god's grace to get the PR. You need to submit tons of Application, fees, proof, etc. (Really annoying). All the best. I hope i provided some information.
I won't get disappointed ;) I believe the long time applies to those who does not have Arranged employment offer.. i think with a job offer, the application gets processed quite faster.

prasprime

Dec 16, 2013
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi sudhirn,

You will gain experience sooner on Canada Immigration Processes. All the best. Later you will know the truth. :)

sudhirn said:
I won't get disappointed ;) I believe the long time applies to those who does not have Arranged employment offer.. i think with a job offer, the application gets processed quite faster.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Though this approach (applying for PR and then apply for twp) might be true, it is actually better to go the other way round.

i.e. apply for twp first, get there, work there for a while and then apply for PR may be using a different program such as CEC.

As you would learn, applying from inside Canada greatly affects the processing speed. Also applying for programs such as CEC for PR which requires at least a year of work experience inside Canada greatly reduces the pool of canadidates being processed ahead of you.

Lastly CEC in general is expected to take one full year to complete the process as opposed to FSW cases which might take up to 5 years in many cases or more.

prasprime

Dec 16, 2013
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well fkl. Getting a wp first and applying pr while inside Canda. Is the cleaver Idea. I too Suggest this. :)

fkl said:
Though this approach (applying for PR and then apply for twp) might be true, it is actually better to go the other way round.

i.e. apply for twp first, get there, work there for a while and then apply for PR may be using a different program such as CEC.

As you would learn, applying from inside Canada greatly affects the processing speed. Also applying for programs such as CEC for PR which requires at least a year of work experience inside Canada greatly reduces the pool of canadidates being processed ahead of you.

Lastly CEC in general is expected to take one full year to complete the process as opposed to FSW cases which might take up to 5 years in many cases or more.

JGK

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Vegreville, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (File Moved to Detroit July 2011)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
31-05-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
22-03-2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
12-10-2011
Getting the LMO will not be easy. The list of in demand pofessions this year did not include software programmer/developers (unless you are in interactive media). As the company has to prove the can't hire a Canadian/PR to obtain the LMO for you, it will be difficult when the job is not on the in-demand list.

sudhirn

Dec 25, 2013
JGK said:
Getting the LMO will not be easy. The list of in demand pofessions this year did not include software programmer/developers (unless you are in interactive media). As the company has to prove the can't hire a Canadian/PR to obtain the LMO for you, it will be difficult when the job is not on the in-demand list.
I am actually a security frameworks expert, and author of a security library which is being used by quite a few companies around the world. That may help in getting the LMO !, as the company would be applying on the basis of that.

sudhirn

Dec 25, 2013
fkl said:

@FKL, lets say, I dont get LMO, how about me, getting my wife admission in an university in canada for some two year diploma, and I can get openwork permit. I am very much confident about my skills, and can get a job, if i have open work permit. I belive, after that I cab apply based on canadian experience class (software programmer), would that improve my chances of getting approved ! I am not concerned about the costs of study etc, well I have earned enough, that even if i dont get job in canada for few months, i should have no issues ;)

prasprime

Dec 16, 2013
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello sudhirn,

It doesn't matter, who you are and what you do? LMO all requires that you company can't find a Canadian or PR for the Indent job. And they need a foreigner to fulfill the job.

sudhirn said:
I am actually a security frameworks expert, and author of a security library which is being used by quite a few companies around the world. That may help in getting the LMO !, as the company would be applying on the basis of that.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
prasprime said:
Hello sudhirn,

It doesn't matter, who you are and what you do? LMO all requires that you company can't find a Canadian or PR for the Indent job. And they need a foreigner to fulfill the job.
I don't think there is any correlation between the list of professions and getting an LMO. As long as the employer proves they have posted a job in a domain and cant find qualified Canadians, they are good to hire that. I am in software domain and NOT in the gaming aspect mentioned and i know at least 4 people including myself who got LMO and work permits during the last one year. The list of professions is for FSW's, not temp work permits.

Otherwise all sorts of low skilled jobs that are filled routinely by temp foreign workers should be next to impossible, but that is not the case.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
And by the way for highly skilled positions, it is pretty easy for companies to prove they cannot hire Canadians, because there aren't any with eligible skill sets :). Though i agree this wont hold for unskilled positions. Just for a little info, there are openings posted on my employer's website for over a year's time often and really occasionally get filled. This is only because they ask for PRIOR specific experience in the domain, which is relatively uncommon.

prasprime

Dec 16, 2013
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Fkl, Even though, i think you need a LMO. If they are hiring a foreigner?

fkl said:
And by the way for highly skilled positions, it is pretty easy for companies to prove they cannot hire Canadians, because there aren't any with eligible skill sets :). Though i agree this wont hold for unskilled positions. Just for a little info, there are openings posted on my employer's website for over a year's time often and really occasionally get filled. This is only because they ask for PRIOR specific experience in the domain, which is relatively uncommon.