+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Areas of training - Computer Science

abees

Feb 24, 2016
Hi all,

I have submitted my CSQ file in DEC 2011, 4 years later I received a reply that my file will be rejected because I don't have enough points (in particular to the area of training 0/16)

I have a 4 years "Teaching Diploma in Sciences, Applied Mathematics, Major: Computer Science" degree from the Lebanese University in Lebanon.

After submitted an objection that I should receive 16/16 points on the Area of Training evaluation since my degree is in "Computer Science", I received the following reply (in French):

FORMATION:
NIVEAU DE SCOLARITE
Diplome de maitrise es sciences - Mathematiques appliquees, option informatique, Liban - Equivalent au Quebec: Univ 1er cycle (3 ans)
DOMAINE DE FORMATION: Inconciliable avec une formation universitaire quebecoise - Diplome etranger (Autre)
Which means that my degree is "Irreconcilable with a Quebec university education"!!!

I tried to contact the immigration but they didn't guide me on how I can fix this issue to be "reconcilable" with the computer science degree in Quebec in order to get the 16 points.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abees said:
Hi all,

I have submitted my CSQ file in DEC 2011, 4 years later I received a reply that my file will be rejected because I don't have enough points (in particular to the area of training 0/16)

I have a 4 years "Teaching Diploma in Sciences, Applied Mathematics, Major: Computer Science" degree from the Lebanese University in Lebanon.

After submitted an objection that I should receive 16/16 points on the Area of Training evaluation since my degree is in "Computer Science", I received the following reply (in French):

Which means that my degree is "Irreconcilable with a Quebec university education"!!!

I tried to contact the immigration but they didn't guide me on how I can fix this issue to be "reconcilable" with the computer science degree in Quebec in order to get the 16 points.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated
I might be wrong. Don't you need a Bachelor's degree and not a diploma to get 16 points? I do not know the criteria at the time of your application.

abees

Feb 24, 2016
I couldn't find the exact details for the area of training as of 2011 either. As per 2015 area of training it reads Computer Science (Bach.)

My Maîtrise is a 4 years degree

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abees said:
I couldn't find the exact details for the area of training as of 2011 either. As per 2015 area of training it reads Computer Science (Bach.)

My Maîtrise is a 4 years degree
Ok. The 4 years degree you have was it acquired after post-secondary education? If it is a diploma you have but the requirement is Bachelor's then nothing can be done.

abees

Feb 24, 2016
Yes this degree is a university/post-secondary degree.

I am really frustrated because I have studied a computer science degree and Quebec is not acknowledging it!

Nitin260785

Mar 5, 2016
I've got a 3 year degree in BSc in information technology. Will I get 16points for the areas of training?
Thanks